• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Okay i'm having a hard time understanding what each tutorial means, so far I can script pretty well and use the basic programs. My problem is choosing between fire red and emerald. Personally i like Fire Red better because im used to it, and it seems to have more, but it's lacking pallettes. Emerald has lots of pallettes but there aren't many over worlds so which tutorial would help me cause i dont seem to understand what they're telling me

Paupir

Dreamer
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
Hey, this has been bugging me and I can't seem to find why it's doing it.

Hacking Emerald BPEE.

So I make a new cave map and insert it using the latest Advance Map. There are no scripts originally and everything is fine. Warps work and all tile permissions work.
But then I want to add some cracked floor tiles so I can fall to the level before. So I take a look at the level scripts on both Granite Cave and Sky Pillar and the seem to be identical. I decide to use this level script in my new map and ignore the other two that were on Sky Pillar and Granite cave Maps for the time being.

I go to test it out to see what happens and when I enter the map, I get a looping text box message saying "This is a test message. This is a signpost." that doesn't go away.

Hmmmm I thought to myself as I went to add the necessary data in the other 2 level scripts to new level scripts in my new cave. Save it- it's all looking good and identical. Should be no problem as far as I can see.
I boot up the rom and enter the new cave. But it STILL happens? Why? D8

Note: I went to Sky Pillar and Granite Cave to see what, if anything, was now happening there. All was normal.

Anyone help? Thanks ><

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
Hey I accidently made my huge map on the wrong file. =(. Im on Advanced map. Is there a way I can transfer it or do I have to do it over?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hey I accidently made my huge map on the wrong file. =(. Im on Advanced map. Is there a way I can transfer it or do I have to do it over?

Go to 'File > Map > Save map as' and then save it where you want it as a .map file. Open the ROM you want to insert the map to and head to the map that you want to change into the one you saved earlier. Go to 'File > Map > Open map' and select your .map file. From here you will need to actually insert your map as at this point you are just viewing the file (If you change to a different map in the ROM and then return, it will have reverted back to it's original form). Go to 'File > Map > Insert' and insert it, either in a free map bank or replace an old one if you really want to. The map should now be inserted into your new ROM :D

Paupir

Dreamer
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
Has anyone had any success with creating new maps with cracked floor tiles that you can fall down?
(Following up this)

Is there a tool that edits Pokedex order?

Gamer2020's Pokemon Game Editor has a Pokedex Order Editor in it. Not sure if it's still up for download or what because of all the sour pettiness and delusions of grandeur.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
I'm having a wierd problem with my unLZ GBA, My rival seems to have dissapeared, I know his data is still there because I tested my hack and he's still there but he's not on the normal offset and everything seems to have moved forward by 4 offsets. Any idea how I can fix this?

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2011
The hero ows and back sprites share the same palette, I changed it with ape but only ow sprites reflects changes. what I'm doing wrong? In NSE it looks like it should but in game only ow are changed. It's emerald rom

edit: Solved it myself

Last edited:

Paupir

Dreamer
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
Mapping problem:

2irlsvr.png

As you can see, bits of bridge and some shading are gone. Yet in Advance Map, everything is fine. I think it's something to do with the people scripts that were there- I moved them up when I moved the bridge up.
It's Route 120 and the two bridge tiles are where Steven and the invisible Kecleon were.

How can I fix it? :P

Dark pokemon

Beginner Hacker
Years
I'm having a problem with xse and I want to know if it is my computer or the ROM. So I been hacking Pokemon firered and ai downlod xse from Hackmew's thread and wrote a script. But when I press the compile button all it does is flashes. So I thought it meant it compiled so I tested it out with vba and it didn't work it was like the script didn't exsist. I was correct because I open the script from a-map and nothing was there but the offest. So I download a different xse and I have the same problem but it only does this with version 1.1.1. When I tried the other version it worked but makes a beep sound instead of running the script when I test.

So I wonder if this happen to someone else and what to do.

Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2012
I need to know how to insert a custom Pokemon (Fakemon) into my Pokemon Pearl ROM, i have had no luck in finding a program to do it, if you have a way to do this, please Shoot (send) me a personal message, cause i always forget which forums i got the help...

Thank you to all who can help...

Newbie at hacking...

GhostOfPhazon

Hacker Wannabe
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 9, 2011
Hey, I'm new to hacking Pokemon games (as I image most people who come here for help are), and I've been looking through tutorials the last few days trying to learn more about how to hack. I've been experimenting with a Pokemon Ruby rom and just trying things out to see if I can get them to work. At the moment, I'm working on connections between maps, and I've changed Littleroot Town's map so that it connects to Route 102 on the right.

It all seems like it should work right, as I'm able to walk from one area to the other without trouble, but there's something odd happening to the graphics that I'm convinced is related to the border blocks. They're tiling within Route 102's map, and I don't understand why or how to fix it. I'm pretty certain it's the border blocks though, because the blocks that are spilling over onto the map appear differently depending on which map you came from (I gave each area a different border block specifically to test this).

I've attached a few pictures to help show the problem I'm having. The first picture shows what the area should look like. The second picture shows the border blocks that appear on the map if you approach from Littleroot Town. The third picture shows the border blocks that appear if you approach from Route 102. And the fourth picture shows the border blocks that appear if you approach from Route 101.

Does anyone know what I did wrong, and how I can fix it? Please and thank you!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2013
Rival Problem [Fire Red]

Problem 1 - Rival Intro
- I've edit the rival intro sprite (gary) without change the palette
(meaning i'm only use the original rival palette)
- I import it to unLZ (number 341, 256 color, use black/white)
- Write to rom with just checking the Export Image
(i'm not change the palette.. and if i check the Export Palette..
the intro will have a lot of palette bug)
- I try it and it looks perfect the first time we asked for the rival name
(This condition is when there's a choice like Gary, Kaz, Toru, etc)
- I Choose the option "New Name"
(and the problem 2 is here, but lets continue problem 1 first)
- I've finished name it and Choose "Ok"
- You'll be asked again if the name is right or not. (Option : Yes/No)
But the problem is in the Rival Sprite.
I dont know why but some palette (rival skin to be exact)
change to red (and some change into blue) !!

I've tried to change the palette that looks like suit the "red" color from before, and it can fix it BUT it make another problem.
What problem you ask? The Intro text that has a pikachu in the corner now will have a black background,
And the Control Intro now won't have the image (i mean A Button, B Button, Start Button Image)
And THIS IS the 1st problem.
============================================================================================

Problem 2 - Rival Overworld
- I've changed rival OW and again.. with it's original palette. (I'm use NSE)
- Nah... if you read my 1st Problem you should know where..
But i'll tell you anyway.
- Now when we're asked for rival name.. Choose the "New Name"
- And this.. have an Rival OW in it.
- And you know what?
the OW is not my new Rival OW, but still Gary's OW!

So first i skip it and check what will happen in game..
And in game, the rival OW is my new OW !!

I don't know why Gary OW still there.. although i've changed all the frame.
On the other hand my new rival OW looks perfect in game..
This is the 2nd Problem

Duh. i hope there'll be a solution to it..

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
I've got a question:
The steadymist in firered uses alpha blending, right? how do you lower the alpha blending?I want to thicken the mist.
and something else: how do you make mist not appear on a block and how do you make that block appear under the player?

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I've got a question:
The steadymist in firered uses alpha blending, right? how do you lower the alpha blending?I want to thicken the mist.
and something else: how do you make mist not appear on a block and how do you make that block appear under the player?

1. Can't unless you know the offset where the info for the blending is stored.
2. Can't.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
How do I change the items in marts? I couldnt find A mart in the toolbox and when I got it somewhere else it didnt work so help! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back