• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemafia

I deem it to be cheating because you are abusing gaming formulas to gain an unfair advantage over other people (those who don't rng),
VGC deem cheating to be using a 3rd party device, such as the RNG reporter. I never accept RNG'd pokes.

Pokemafia

... Any Pokemon which has been obtained using a 3rd party device-THE RNG THINGY ON UR PC, NOT DS, so it's 3rd party is deemed Illegal, for a pokemon to be legit you can only use ur ds, not PC program, just ur DS,It's like saying it isn't illegal for athletes who can afford to take drugs because other athletes can't afford them, some of us aren't sad to download a PC calculator program just to get Iv'd pokemon, everyone in theory can download and use it, but it is a 3rd party device is classed by The Pokemon Company to be ILLEGAL.

Pokemafia

....I'm confused, I don't have the program on my PC. If you mean the in-game one THAT is legal, someone hacked Pokemon games to create the PC one which you can use to beat the system. We can all use an AR, doesn't mean it is legal.

Pokemafia

I'm emailing Pokemon tomorrow to ask them about this.

shookie

Often scatters things.
Years
I deem it to be cheating because you are abusing gaming formulas to gain an unfair advantage over other people (those who don't rng).
EV training is "abusing game formulas." The Masuda Method? Yeah, that takes advantage of coding inside the game.

RNG abuse only takes advantage of coding and formulas that are already implemented into the game. The external software does absolutely nothing to the game itself. It simply sorts out what's already there to make it easier to get your outcome. Nintendo doesn't even consider anything RNG'd to be hacked or a cheat, seeing as you can use RNG'd Pokes in tournaments and not be flagged.

If it was hacking, then it would alter the in-game code, which it doesn't. RNG is as much hacking as using an IV calculator is, or checking an online guide on how to get through the game.

Also, saying "it's unfair to people who can't do it" is a bit much. Aside from having an incompatible OS, there's nothing physically limiting people from doing RNG themselves. Choosing not to because you don't have the patience or because you don't understand it =/= not being able to do it.

Pokemafia

It is actually restricting it to non-mac users, anyways I always thought RNG Reporter was when you put the game file into the pc and changed stuff, I think I'm getting confused with Pokesav? If I am then yeah RNG I think is legal,sorry about the confusion:S Can someone PM me and teach me how to RNG on Soul Silver?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Ew, how dare you confuse RNG Reporter with Pokesav. -sobs-

Pokesav = bad, makes stuff pop into game...
RNG Reporter = good, tells you where good stuff is already in game so you still have to work to get it... Learn RNG abuse and you will appreciate it more before labeling it as cheating

Shookie stole my exact thoughts. Keyword here is (external) hacking device, which would be AR/flashcart (in cotangent with Pokesav) which forces a flawless/shiny to appear, overrides a current Pokemon with a different Pokemon, illegally alters a Pokemon, etc.

RNG Reporter is a program, a resource used to accelerate your gaming experiences, much like the Masuda Method, chaining guides, item guides, other guides just to find a Pokemon. Flawless IV spreads are programmed in the game; one can arrive at them the purist way or with some help. I myself have bred 3 quintuple flawless Pokemon the purist way... With everyone breeding Pokemon, someone is bound to breed a sextuple flawless. Pre RNG days, someone on Smogon bred a virtually flawless shiny.

Note too that not many RNG abusers are dependent on the RNG reporter and can/have actually IV breed monsters without the program.

gbc231.gif

Phanpy || Adamant || Pickup
Growl || Defense Curl || Ice Shard || Earthquake
IVs: 29 / 31 / 25 / 8 / 31 / 31
NOT RNG ABUSED~
So cute but have to rebreed and abuse for perfection. :/
PS Macs suck but I want one. ^3^

joshk_bra

EV trains like a boss.
Years
Yup, RNG reporter is a separate program thats on your computer, it doesn't connect with to your ds in any other way shape or forum. Cheating is more like hacking shiny or ivs via AR or Pokesav

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Spr_2c_152.gif

Chikorita || Bold || Overgrow
Aromatherapy || Leech Seed || Energy Ball || Reflect
IVs: 31 / 29 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
Mkay fine abused~

The ~COOL~ thing about this bud is that I hatched it at Flower Paradise... Which took more time to reach and bulldoze through Marley's emo heart than to pick up a perfect egg. 8|

I dumped Spiritomb / dunno which nature is "best" for it. @_@

Omfg I want a shiny Grimer ever since a particular one fled from me in Crystal. 2___2

joshk_bra

EV trains like a boss.
Years
Nice breed twilight =D

yay my first RNGd legend in SS

145.png

Zapdos
Nature: Bold
IVs:30/27/30/31/27/31
HP ICE-70

I dont care if its perfect or not i like it =]

but i should have register joey in the beginning of the game =|
i had to call elm 176 times

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Nice breed twilight =D

yay my first RNGd legend in SS

145.png

Zapdos
Nature: Bold
IVs:30/27/30/31/27/31
HP ICE-70

I dont care if its perfect or not i like it =]

but i should have register joey in the beginning of the game =|
i had to call elm 176 times
Swampert weak. :/

Ms. Blade, Spiritomb's best natures depend on what set you're going for. Best you go for Careful though, since that Nature is most common on Tomb.

Emuscles

0 posts and counting.
Years
to those who think R(andom...)NG abuse is legit--

if you apply this concept to any game outside of pokemon, its almost always considered cheating.. (i want to avoid taking the time to explain this; in the meantime, just think about it yourself)

the developer of the game wanted things to be random for a reason.

you make him sad.

the only time i feel its acceptable is for a tournament scenario, where you are leveling the playing field (by making identical min/maxed pokemon).. but in that case, pokesave would be acceptable.

otherwise, it isn't legit-- it wasn't intended, nor was the game designed around it.

it doesn't matter how difficult it is to cheat, when its cheating.

edit: the same goes for cloning.. this one doesn't even need to be explained.

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Honestly, it doesn't matter if you think it's cheating because you can't do it. It's still legit.

IMO, Cheating, is using some sort of external device which connects with the game physically and alters the game using cheat codes and such. RNG Reporter does not do this, and it just exploits the formula used for the Random Number Generator.

It's like you were given a code or question for something. If you figure out or "exploit" the question, is that considered cheating? It's the same thing with RNG abuse. Just a code that has been exploited and used to the player's advantage.

On a side note, I finally beat Palmer today in the Battle Tower. I owe it to Gliscor for practically walling Rhyperior completely, considering it has no investment in Defense whatsoever. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back