• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
I have a question about my team, I decided to put it here because I feel like putting it in the In-game team help section would be a waste of a thread. So here's my team.

Pignite
Ducklett
Lilligant
Duosion
Krokorok

I don't know what I should have as my sixth team member, I'm trying to decide between a Haxorus, Vanillite, Joltik or pulling my Blitzle out of the PC. I'm in the 5th Gym btw.

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2020
Hi,guys.I have something.I have 2 Jp Axew.But I don't have the Jap.Pokedex entry for them.Does that mean they are "fake"?I want to use one for MM.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2011
Elete Four Help

I started the game with tepig, my team is as follows
Fraxure Lv 45

Seismitoad Lv 45

Emboar Lv 46

Cofagrigus Lv 45

Swoobat Lv 44

Stoutland Lv 47

I have no patience for wild pokemon grinding, im having trouble beating them, should i restart my game to get stuff i missed and grab a new starter, maybe watch PMJ HDs youtube walkthrough?
all opinions plz, i want everyones ideas

I WILL NOT USE CHEATS

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
well if its your 1st time faceing them i suggest you level up your pokemon then i would go online and look at each elite four member figure out each of there pokemons weaknesses and make a plan for yourself

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
I started the game with tepig, my team is as follows
Fraxure Lv 45

Seismitoad Lv 45

Emboar Lv 46

Cofagrigus Lv 45

Swoobat Lv 44

Stoutland Lv 47

I have no patience for wild pokemon grinding, im having trouble beating them, should i restart my game to get stuff i missed and grab a new starter, maybe watch PMJ HDs youtube walkthrough?
all opinions plz, i want everyones ideas

I WILL NOT USE CHEATS

Dont restart your game. See if one or more of your pokemons knows dark/ghost/fire/water/dragon/ice/flying/fight/electric type moves. I dont say that u must learn all your pokemon moves with these types but it is going to help you during elite4 and champion battles.

You should pay attention to the other teams pokemon and what moves they have, cause some of the pokemons in elite4 may dafeat your pokemon that you're going to use. So it could defeat your pokemon if the move is super effective.

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
What is the best nature for a Abra and Gastly?

Timid for both, they need a load of speed, they're to frail to take hits so defensive natures aren't good. You could go for Modest, but Timid is better.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Hi,guys.I have something.I have 2 Jp Axew.But I don't have the Jap.Pokedex entry for them.Does that mean they are "fake"?I want to use one for MM.

Unova Pokemon don't have foreign Pokedex entries because when Black / White came out in Japan, no other language had names for the Pokemon yet.

Butterfree-Charizard

Bug Type Master
Years
I have a question about my team, I decided to put it here because I feel like putting it in the In-game team help section would be a waste of a thread. So here's my team.

Pignite
Ducklett
Lilligant
Duosion
Krokorok

I don't know what I should have as my sixth team member, I'm trying to decide between a Haxorus, Vanillite, Joltik or pulling my Blitzle out of the PC. I'm in the 5th Gym btw.

I go eletric type with the flying gym coming up.
Depends if you get trick room on you Duosion, if not Blitzle would be a nice choice Joltik has its advantages. I took blitzle in black joltik in white and I've gotta say I liked having a Galvantula better than Zebstrika. So if you want a speedy attacker Blitzle. If you want a power hitter Joltik.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
You don't want to grind but want to start over? Starting over would take much longer than just grinding. And it isn't your team so much as your levels. You need to be around the 50s to take on the E4. I don't mean lvs 45. I mean 49-52 Minimum. There aren't many items that aren't part of the main story that would help you anyway unless you want to give Fraxure Eviolite.

Just go grind to 50+

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
I go eletric type with the flying gym coming up.
Depends if you get trick room on you Duosion, if not Blitzle would be a nice choice Joltik has its advantages. I took blitzle in black joltik in white and I've gotta say I liked having a Galvantula better than Zebstrika. So if you want a speedy attacker Blitzle. If you want a power hitter Joltik.

I didn't plan on using Trick Room, but come to think of it, I didn't really plan out much of a moveset for my Pokemon. Mainly because I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted on my team. Honestly though, I'm kinda preffering Joltik to Blitzle, mainly because I've never used a Joltik before.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
ok. I was teaching tm thief to krrkodile is it true that we have infinite tms here. If so I didn't know that. Let me know.

Yeah, TMs are available forever no matter how much you use them.

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2011
Confused...

What game should I choose?? Black or White? I'm happy for answers!!:D

Caranciio

Doof?
Years
I picked Black because it's my favorite color, and I love Reshiram more than Zekrom. It also has Gothita, whom I love. I got my friend who has White to trade me over a Braviary though, because I love them as well.

The biggest difference between the two is Black City and White Forest. Would you rather find exclusive Pokemon in White Forest, or battle trainers in Black City?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
What move is better, Spikes or Stealth Rocks?
I think they do the same thing right?

The idea is basically the same, but there are a few differences. Spikes don't hit Flying types, Levitating Pokemon, or Pokemon using Magnet Rise. It will always hit a certain percentage of HP no matter what type effectiveness it is. It can also be stacked up to 3 times.

Stealth Rock hits every type of Pokemon, as it's rocks floating in the air. It also hits a certain percentage of HP, but it changes depending on its weakness or resistance to rock (anywhere from 3% to 50% damage). It can't be stacked at all.

Personally, I like Stealth Rock better.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah, stealth rocks sounds like a way better move. :D Is there a TM for either of them?

Stealth Rock was a TM in Gen 4, but not Gen 5. Spikes was never one. :x I guess you gotta work for the great moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back