• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
Are there bytes in the game that say what condition the OW is in (i.e. when a trainer locks movement with "!", walking in grass, surfing, just plain walking), and what offset are they located at? Are they stored in a variable, or does it just have to do with the particular script being run by the game?

Thank you in advance

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
Hey,someone knows how can I make a new\change the trainer class on fire red?(for example bug chatcher,lass,dragon tamer etc.)
so I want to make some new classes

Years
You can use A-Text to change the trainer classes... can't really make new ones without repointing the table file... if there is one.
I'm sorry, but do you even know what a table file is?

All you should need to do is repoint the text to empty space and add the names after the new names of classes after that. But then there are some ramifications I guess, because most trainer editing tools are set to only show the default amount of trainer classes. For trainers you'll need to edit the class in your hex editor.
If you're using a Fire Red ROM, the classes are listed at &h23E558.

So depending on you patience onyx79, you may just want to edit the existing classes like Om3GA ARS3NAL suggested.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I'm sorry, but do you even know what a table file is?

All you should need to do is repoint the text to empty space and add the names after the new names of classes after that. But then there are some ramifications I guess, because most trainer editing tools are set to only show the default amount of trainer classes. For trainers you'll need to edit the class in your hex editor.
If you're using a Fire Red ROM, the classes are listed at &h23E558.

So depending on you patience onyx79, you may just want to edit the existing classes like Om3GA ARS3NAL suggested.

>__> Yes I know what a table is...
Seriously, what do you take me for.
I know repointing is not too hard, but it is a pain in the butt sometimes, and can be kinda annoying if you miss a pointer or 2...
Like I said, editing with A-Text would probably be the safest route, so long as one does not accidentally type more characters than already exists...

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
Hello.I have a question. Is there any way of taking out the pokeball throwing sequence AND the trainer standing there, then moving back? beucase for my new hack, you like be a pokemon and I want to cut out the trainer, the pokeball flying and the effect when the pokemon comes out of the ball. Help would be appreciated.

Um. Hello. Yes. Repeating my question just so I could get it answered. Thanks.

PlatniumPiano

Years
Um. Hello. Yes. Repeating my question just so I could get it answered. Thanks.

Yes, use unLZ to edit the trainer animations. It should be halfway between the trainer frontsprites

EDIT @ ONYX: Sappy. I'm not sure, but I belive that is the program used for it.

Last edited:

PlatniumPiano

Years
no not sappy that's changes the musics itself
I need to change nly the in battle screen music...

...I really do not get what you are saying. Please be more clear. I'm getting from you that you don't want sappy because it changes the music, but you need a program to change the battlescreen music?

Do you mean switch it with another track?

EDIT @Xyo: You need LIPS .ips patcher. Here's a link on how to patch a ROM.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
...I really do not get what you are saying. Please be more clear. I'm getting from you that you don't want sappy because it changes the music, but you need a program to change the battlescreen music?

Do you mean switch it with another track?

EDIT @Xyo: You need LIPS .ips patcher. Here's a link on how to patch a ROM.
there is a battle with trainer,so there is the normal trainer music,but I want that he will have a gym leader music OK?

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
What's the sprite point for ruby Advance map uses?
I was looking at pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=142067&highlight=overworld
On lesson 03 where the all the sprite pointers were located.
Anyone know where the pointers for ruby one is?

Don't say look at ini for OW editor cause doesn't say where the group of pointers are =-= only where the actual sprite are located are shown
(Another point on his post for FireRed he pointed at 95000F not 39FDB0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back