The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Have you Pre-Ordered Pokemon X or Pokemon Y?
Yep! 19 55.88%
Nope, I'll just pick up a copy in store. 15 44.12%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 28th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta

Advertise here
It'll depend on Pre-Order gifts (which at the moment there are none). I think we're doing a large sale like we did with Pokemon Black 2 and White 2. If there is a sale I may get both from work (one for me and my brother). If I have to work that day I'm totally putting two copies aside for myself after an hour. If I'm off, I'll be clawing at the front door until we open XD

If Gamestop has a good Pre-Order then I'll pre-order my brother's copy there and buy mine with my discount at work~

Why pay full price when I get 10%? XD
Old May 28th, 2013, 05:26 PM
jellotime91

I pre-ordered X at Best Buy and Y at EB Games. (It was available at bestbuy before eb)
Old May 28th, 2013, 05:45 PM
™87

I still have to buy a 3ds before I make the decision lol. I was thinking of getting both games but I'm not sure yet. I love to play both games where you have exclusive Pokemon and just gives you variations to your teams.
Old May 29th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
I'm just going to march into the nearest JB HI FI store, purchase both X & Y (on release day), then run home to play them! :P ... I've never felt so hyped for a Pokemon game since Ruby...
Old May 29th, 2013, 06:55 AM
BluuArrowz

How and when I plan on getting X or Y.

It took me all night to come up with such a devilish plan. Dreams of Chespin Fenniken and Froakie danced all night long in my head. That is when my eyes opened and I shot out of bed. I was getting Pokemon x or y even if I am alive or dead. The plan was simple I say. I still cant even stop smiling up till this day! Oh what a plan it was. Such a devilish plan. Soon Pokemon x or Y will be in my hands.

My plan you ask? My plan indeed is as simple as can be. The night before you see you see while all you little good kids sleep and smile with glee! I will stake the truck to my local Gamestop. For Free For Free I can see the whole truck of Pokemon x or y for me! That is with my deliberate scheme! Take the truck hostage for friends and family. In the end Pokemon x and Pokemon Y will be all for me! Then I woke up and realized it was all just a dream within a dream.

For real though. I have a job. Get my $600 Paycheck this Friday! More than enough.
Old May 29th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Augenis
Lithuanian PokéNerd

Nature: Calm
I'll probably just use the same way I did with Black 2 - download a 3DS emulator and grab the game in the torrents!
I would love to grab it for 3DS, not for PC, but I don't think you can buy them both in Eastern Europe.
Old May 29th, 2013, 12:05 PM
MarinoKadame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenis View Post
I'll probably just use the same way I did with Black 2 - download a 3DS emulator and grab the game in the torrents!
I would love to grab it for 3DS, not for PC, but I don't think you can buy them both in Eastern Europe.
Only problem is there is no 3DS emulator right now.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old May 30th, 2013, 02:14 AM
Augenis
Lithuanian PokéNerd

It will probably come out until October.
If it won't, then screw it, I will forget everything I knew about X and Y.
Old May 30th, 2013, 02:58 AM
Azure
» Just a cat and mouse game
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I've actually put a £5 deposit in at GAME to ensure they will reserve me a copy on the day, just in case there's a sudden sell out of the games which is likely given the amount of people wanting them.

Old May 30th, 2013, 03:48 AM
simplysam
Unhatched Egg

I haven't yet, but I do plan on pre-ordering Pokemon X from GameStop. c: I plan on getting Y too, but probably not on the same day, because I am sadly a broke person. x3 So Y I'll probably buy later on, probably used. xP
Old June 2nd, 2013, 08:19 PM
alexithymia
Time Lady

I saw pre-order cards for them at Target, so I grabbed one of each. I'll get them at some point during release day. :D
Old June 3rd, 2013, 07:00 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

I never really trade-in any games, so it'll be pretty much the same thing when it comes to getting Pokémon X and Y. I've got both Pokémon X and Pokémon Y pre-ordered anyways, so I'll be getting it right on it's release date once it's revealed during the E3 Nintendo Direct next week.

And here's the thing: even though Nintendo and TPC did say "Worldwide October 2013", but I'm sure they meant it's going to be separate release dates within the same month. :P

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old June 3rd, 2013, 11:14 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
I never really trade-in any games, so it'll be pretty much the same thing when it comes to getting Pokémon X and Y. I've got both Pokémon X and Pokémon Y pre-ordered anyways, so I'll be getting it right on it's release date once it's revealed during the E3 Nintendo Direct next week.

And here's the thing: even though Nintendo and TPC did say "Worldwide October 2013", but I'm sure they meant it's going to be separate release dates within the same month.
I guess i will have to shut down the WiFi then.... XD

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old June 3rd, 2013, 12:01 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I do not have a 3DS yet. I am going to see if they will have a combo pack with the game and a 3DS and buy it then most likely. Other wise, I plan to get it the same day I get a 3ds.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 12:24 PM
Distort
Unhatched Egg

I'll buy it the weekend after it comes out. I think there has been a trend in the UK (where I live) where it has been released on a Friday, so there is only one day until the Saturday. But it's a worldwide release so perhaps it will be different. I also have not bothered buying a 3DS yet, as the only reason I'm buying one is for the new Pokemon games. No other games interest me on the system.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 12:38 PM
CptSwaggerPants
Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to CptSwaggerPants
Pre-ordered both. Plan to be there five hours before Game Stop opens.

Skuntank Pro

Almost always online. X/Y FC: 0189 9159 0185

LF: Arceus 5/6 IV or shiny Giratina Adamant 5/6IV.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 05:30 PM
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

I preordered and paid for both in full. I may also get another copy to give to my younger brother for Christmas. I preordered using birthday money.
Old June 4th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Azure
» Just a cat and mouse game
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I guess it's going to be another early wake up on the day of the release, I remember picking up Black & White from GAME in my town at around 10AM.

Old June 5th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
I think I'll do it the old-school way, and just walk into a store when the game makes it to the stores around here. I don't have much hope for the game being on the eShop in the first place, so I guess I'll have to make do with that. Kind of annoying, to be honest.
Old June 7th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky
On my birthday. I won't preorder because, well... too hard and I know it's coming. I am weird, so don't question me. xD
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here