• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Liquid Crystal Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 29, 2016
There are many bad Fire Red roms going around with no ability to save unless the game is named the way you downloaded it. I recommend you to look for "pokemon fire red save ips" or same with "save patch" in the end to fix it, I personally did it way too long ago to remember where I found it. P.S, there are many alternative ways of making kinds of documents that will work with the VBA and fix it, but then, it's more complicated IMO, and if you format the comp you have to redo that. Patching is a once-use only thing.

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2010
Does anyone know what the point of the pikachu at lake of rage is? I saw it when I went to go get hidden power before going to lake of rage at all.

Also about the saving thing. If you save state at all it won't work. You literally have to start the game and save at 0:00 after changing the settings. After that it will save no matter what. I hope this helps.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2009
i cought a heracrros and pineco @ same grass patch great game

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
For anyone with the FR saving issue, this is from Squall-Leonhart on Emuforums:

"This is a guide on how to recover Pokemon saves made using the wrong save settings (i.e. Flash 64K instead of Flash 128K). At this moment, I cannot fully guarantee that it will work under all circumstances, but chances are that the following procedure will produce viable results.

Required files
A save state that was made using the Flash 64K save type
An unpatched version of the rom of the game used to create the save state above (note that you may need to re-dump if you patched your existing rom)
A copy of VisualBoyAdvance
Instructions
1. Create a new folder somewhere on your hard drive
2. Copy the save state, the rom, and the emulator into the new folder you created in step 1. NO OTHER FILES SHOULD BE IN THAT FOLDER
3. Open the emulator, but do not load the rom. DO NOT CHANGE ANY SAVE SETTINGS
4. If you are playing Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald, you should turn on the Real Time Clock by going to Options -> Emulator -> Real Time Clock
5. Load the rom. You may get a white screen - that is normal behavior, so proceed to the next step
6. Load the save state by going to File -> Load... and selecting the save state (it should show up on the screen without requiring you to change directories)
7. Your saved game should be loaded. Then change the save type by going to Options -> Emulator -> Save Type -> Flash 128K
8. Use the in-game save (i.e. press Enter to open the in-game menu and choose Save)
9. After going through the entire saving process, close the emulator. If you look in the new folder you created in step 1, you should see a 128KB save file corresponding to your rom.
10. Create another new folder within the folder you made in step 1
11. Copy the emulator and the rom into the folder you created in step 9. DO NOT COPY ANY OF THE OTHER FILES
12. Open the copy of the emulator you copied in the last step (i.e. in the newest folder). Do not load the rom
13. Change the save type to Flash 128K by going to Options -> Emulator -> Save Type -> Flash 128K
14. If you are playing Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald, you should turn on the Real Time Clock by going to Options -> Emulator -> Real Time Clock
15. Load the copy of the rom found in the newest folder you made - it should be the one that shows up automatically on the screen
16. There should be NO white screen. Now go to File -> Import -> Battery File... Click on the icon with the folder and an upward-pointing arrow (i.e. go to the folder you created in step 1). Load the 128KB save that was created in step 8. At the confirmation screen, click "Yes"
17. After the initial intro screen, you should get an error message like "The save file is corrupted. The previous save file will be load." That is correct behavior, so proceed to the next step
18. Choose to continue with the existing save file
19. Now use the in-game save again (i.e. press Enter to open the in-game menu and choose Save)
20. Reset the emulator (File -> Reset)
21. When the rom loads again, there should be no error message pertaining to the save. If you close the emulator, you will find a 128KB save file corresponding to the rom in the newest folder you made (in step 9). 22. Delete all the files in the folder you made in step 1 so that you don't confuse them with the good saves (don't delete the folder you made in step 9 of course).
23. Continue playing using the in-game save that was generated in steps 19-22. You may want to make a save state immediately just in case

There seems to be some issues with Fire Red saves that makes them impossible to recover. Recovery with Leaf Green saves seems to be possible. However, if you have a Leaf Green rom it is possible to fix the firered save using these instructions, with the Leaf Green rom."

Worked perfectly for me when I was trying to play ShinyGold, and I just copied and used the ROM and the fixed saves and everything when I patched it for LC.

If I shouldn't be posting this, a mod'll probably edit this post, but if it's all right, maybe we can put these save issues to rest here.

Years
Where's Red? I went to Mt. Silver but some Misters named RHG or something are there, looking for him.

Where is he though?

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
Ummm just alerting you guys of a mistake or a bug i encountered in the ice gym, Ice attacks are super effective against rock or ground (not sure which) and i know it isn't meant to be like that. Sorry to bother you :P

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
And by the way, where do I battle Regis, Ho-oH, the other Lati@s, Celebi, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Deoxys, Mew and Mewtwo? :P
And how do I get to Orange Island?
And where's Red? I believe it's at Mt. Crystal, but there's a guy blocking the path!
EDIT: I think I found out I was playing Beta 2.0 :P
EDIT2: Wait, it was Beta 2.1. The intro confused me. xD

Check the walkthrough, it has a section for the legendaries currently available.

Awesome hack. The nostalgia is great, but the new features add some unexpected twists to it.

A quick question: I know that Poochyena are found on Route 29 from the Location FAQ, but how often? I've been looking for some time, and haven't found one...

Oh, and what's up with me not being able to save my game normally?

Hoenn pokemon are a little bit harder to find than the johto/kanto pokemon.

Hey Link this Hack to me is as great as Shiny Gold but there are a few things that need some looking into like the pokemon evolutions

No comparing LC with SG please.

i cought a heracrros and pineco @ same grass patch great game

Comments aren't supposed to be here. Post it in the normal thread. Only help questions here.

Where's Red? I went to Mt. Silver but some Misters named RHG or something are there, looking for him.

Where is he though?

Check the Walkthrough, I made it for a reason

Ummm just alerting you guys of a mistake or a bug i encountered in the ice gym, Ice attacks are super effective against rock or ground (not sure which) and i know it isn't meant to be like that. Sorry to bother you :P

According to the "Type Chart" from serebii.net, Ice does 2x damage against Ground and 1x against Rock.

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
Oh i just checked, i apologize, i was unaware of that :P should have checked pre-post o.O

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2009
How do you get out of the Dragon's Den after getting Kyogre and Rayquaza? The place where I used Dive to get it isn't letting me go back that way and I don't see another way out.

EDIT: Never mind. I'm just blind and I didn't see the exit out of there. x_x;;

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
Edit: does Togepi still evolve from max happiness?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
how exactly do i get trade evolutions in this hack? (which is awesome by the way)

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2009
I wasn't sure where to post this but whoever made the walkthrough forgot to mention where the leaf stones are, so just a tip so that whoever made it can update it. Gotta say it was a real good guide, it helped lots. Also for anyone who wants to know, from what I can tell, you can only get leaf stones from some dude that sells them in Cerulean City, so yeah, you're gonna have to wait awhile before you can evolve any grass types.

Also is there a thread where I can post the bugs that I find in the game, like an appropriate thread so that the creators of the hack can see it and take notes?

Last edited:

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
Years
I beat my rival in the burned tower and my game froze when I fell down in the hole.

Edit: I found out that when you battle/beat some trainers using VBA's Speed it freezes as a black screen, also I beat the team static at new bark and when I came out of Prof. Elms the entrance/exit to New Bark was trees only so I cant leave.

Last edited:

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
Edit: does Togepi still evolve from max happiness?

Yes

how exactly do i get trade evolutions in this hack? (which is awesome by the way)

See the Walkthrough

Use YAPE or other poke editing program

Only use YAPE for the pokemon who can't evovle because of a bug (Espeon/Umbreon/Gengar)

I wasn't sure where to post this but whoever made the walkthrough forgot to mention where the leaf stones are, so just a tip so that whoever made it can update it. Gotta say it was a real good guide, it helped lots. Also for anyone who wants to know, from what I can tell, you can only get leaf stones from some dude that sells them in Cerulean City, so yeah, you're gonna have to wait awhile before you can evolve any grass types.

Also is there a thread where I can post the bugs that I find in the game, like an appropriate thread so that the creators of the hack can see it and take notes?

I will update the walkthrough when Beta 3 is released. The leaf stone location wasn't in it, because I didn't knew it's location.

I beat my rival in the burned tower and my game froze when I fell down in the hole.

Edit: I found out that when you battle/beat some trainers using VBA's Speed it freezes as a black screen, also I beat the team static at new bark and when I came out of Prof. Elms the entrance/exit to New Bark was trees only so I cant leave.

Bad/corrupt rom. Or it depends on the VBA version. I don't have the black screen or the trees with NBT when I play it with VBA.

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
Years
Oh well this time everything was fine its jst when I beat my rival in the tower again I fell down the hole and everything turned dark but I could still see the top floor...

Drone94

Squirtle Rules!!!
Years
I got a question what about pokemon that only evolve from trade such as onix graveler kadabra how would they evolve is their a certain level or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back