• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Steam in general isn't too appealing, although it could be an underwater, and be one of those uhhh... creatures that create steam underwater. Probably like seaweed or something idk. I don't actually really... remember what it is, but there was a documentary on it. :X

Also STAB Scald!!

You mean the black smokers ?
black_smoker.jpg

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
YEAH THOSE THINGS. That'd be what the Pokemon would be based upon!! Except I'm not sure how it'd actually LOOK in Pokemon form ahaha.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
YEAH THOSE THINGS. That'd be what the Pokemon would be based upon!! Except I'm not sure how it'd actually LOOK in Pokemon form ahaha.

I could see it happening. I mean, there's already coral (Corsola) so this isn't all that unlikely.

And it'd be really interesting as well...

What I'm most worried about is that abysmal Mewtwo form I saw on Serebii. I swear, if that's real...

I mean, it just looks like a bad splice of Mewtwo and Palkia...

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I really want an Electric/Fire and an Electric/Dark pokemon. That would be so awesome.

I would also like a Rock/Ghost type. It could be a floating stone skeleton thing :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
The design would be pretty easy imo, grab a black smoker, put a face on it and BAM! You have a pokemon! They did practically the some thing with Corsola and Voltorb/Electrode, so this is definitely possible just like Elgyem said.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It's hard to believe we have yet to have a Electric/Dark Pokémon...Luxray should've been Electric/Dark...
I'll like to see an Electric/Fighting...maybe they can make an electric trio of Electric/Dark, Electric/Fighting, and Electric/Psychic...could be the legendary trio :).

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Sooo pretty much somewhat like Golurk??

I am thinking of something more along the lines of a real skeleton, but its bones are made from rock. It can float and its bones could float and move around in midair as the skeleton moves. Does that make sense?

It's hard to believe we have yet to have a Electric/Dark Pokémon...Luxray should've been Electric/Dark...
I'll like to see an Electric/Fighting...maybe they can make an electric trio of Electric/Dark, Electric/Fighting, and Electric/Psychic...could be the legendary trio :).

Yeah, Luxray should have been Electric/Dark. It would have suited it perfectly. And all three of those combinations would be epic!

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022
The combinations I'd like are, not in exact order are:
Electric-Fighting
Dark-Psychic
Water-Fire
Grass-Fire
Electric-Ground
Electric-Psychic
Electric-Dragon
Dark/Grass
Dark/Normal
Dark/Ice
Ice/Fire
Ghost/Fire
Ghost/Water
Ghost/Electric
Ghost/Grass
Ghost/Dragon
Ghost/Rock

Years
The combinations I'd like are, not in exact order are:
Electric-Fighting
Dark-Psychic
Water-Fire
Grass-Fire
Electric-Ground
Electric-Psychic
Electric-Dragon
Dark/Grass
Dark/Normal
Dark/Ice
Ice/Fire
Ghost/Fire
Ghost/Water
Ghost/Electric
Ghost/Grass
Ghost/Dragon
Ghost/Rock
I underlined the ones we already have. Those are pretty good typing however, and most thus far are legendary exclusive (except for Dark/Grass, we have two lines (both from Hoenn) with those typings, and Ghost/Water, and Ground/Electric are also found in none legendaries, except in one line.) I welcome more of those combos :)

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Dark/Ice would be p awesome although Kyurem would've better fit that role imo. But hey it's never too late and it'd have amazing STABs.

And ya makes sense @ Rai :3

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Dark/Ice would be p awesome although Kyurem would've better fit that role imo. But hey it's never too late and it'd have amazing STABs.

And ya makes sense @ Rai :3

Sneasel / Weavile.......

I'd like fighting / ice though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It's MRAS' fault for not underlining it!! Or maybe mine for not noticing on iPhone. ;_; Although a special dark/ice would be awesome to have ahaha.

Years
Sorry about that...I was in a rush to post that I missed underlining one xD.
A Ice/Steel Pokémon would be cool (no pun intended) as we've got Fire/Steel and Electric/Steel, Grass/Steel, and Water/Steel already...so I feel like we need an Ice/Steel now :3.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ice/Steel would have terrible 4x weaknesses, though. Fighting/Fire weak isn't too kind in competitive.

PichuRules4ever

The TF2 Pyro
Years
I'm hoping for a new electric rodent. That would be awesome. Especially considering that the electric rodents are my favorite Pokemon.

:t172: :t312: :t311: :t026: :t025: (pretend theres a Pachirisu here) (and an Emolga here)

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Yay, I make sense!

I would love another Electric rodent (go Raichu!). I am assuming there will be one because there has been one for every generation. (Gen I: Pikachu/Raichu. Gen II: Pichu. Gen III: Minun/Plusle. Gen IV: Parchirsu. Gen V: Emolga).

Speaking of Electric, I think an Electric/Fighting could be cool. Come to think of it, Electabuzz or Electivire could have fallen under that type.

Back