• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
Years
sorry, zel, for this, but...

I also noticed you changed sprites for some Pokemon which is great but please consider the music too, it's an important element too you know, and it also reflects how much effort you have put in to suit the game's atmosphere, please use better music. Get the ones unused from R/S/E, that will help it improve a lot, anyways thanks for listening.

Hmm.. (cries...joke!)

Zel himself told us in the thread (the older one) that he won't use the unused tracks because he finds it too lame <PERIOD>

Also, you cannot use any instrument you want in-game. There are different voicegroup offsets in the game that utilizes certain instruments, and one has a unique set from the other.

And also, try to insert any MIDI in Sappy so you'll know what I mean.

Anyways, nice comment. This move us to make SG music EVEN BETTER.

EDIT: It's not in the thread, but in a PM to me months ago (hehe)

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
Years
This hack is great

one question.
I've got an old version, but i'm gonna start again. what is the difference between

ShinyGoldB5_ByZel.zip‎ (507.5 KB, 12841 views)

ShinyGold_X_B5_ByZel.zip‎ (507.5 KB, 6006 views)

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
what is the difference between

ShinyGoldB5_ByZel.zip‎ (507.5 KB, 12841 views)

ShinyGold_X_B5_ByZel.zip‎ (507.5 KB, 6006 views)

This is kinda an old question, but here's the answer: SG Beta 5 is the first one, thats the normal version of Shiny Gold. The second one is Shiny Gold X Beta 5 which is a harder version of the game with harder opponents, some of whom have different pokes than they used to have, if you like a challenge.

DarthSenorQueso

Officially number 1 snake
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
Okay, seems my music improvement idea was hated and I know you guys appreciate what Zel's doing but you're not helping at all by saying that everything's okay, it's a beta I know that pretty well, and that's why we need to point out the problems...anyways Nintendo will make a remake in the end so why do I bother, wait correction, why does Zel even bother?...

1.Cuase hes a nice guy?
2.Hes doing a better job then nintendo would.
3.It passes time.
4.It's funny to hear people complain about years of work?
5.Thse remixes are amazing besides the slight volume problem.:\
6.All those side quests and minigames and rivals are just amazing.^^

Pac

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Made a National Park remix that could possibly be in this game if clonex25 hasn't already done it.
I think the instruments need to be a little stronger; it just all seems a little too relaxed or something, however it's very accurate.

New Elm's Lab Remix
Very NES-ish. It doesn't sound bad, it actually sounds really good, but instruments could use a change. Very accurate.

WIP of my GSC Kanto Battle Theme Remix. It is actually a lot different than the one used in RBY and Fire Red.
Wow! I like this a lot! There's something that sounds slightly off about it, like a few notes are missing or something (might be the gameplay noises doing that though), but it's very well done. I'd love to see a remix of the GSC Kanto trainer battle tune, too.

I'm also very glad to see that the GSC Kanto music is being used for this rather than just the FR music.

The remake has loads of music tracks that just seem umm...out of place, there are others that are so high in volume, that it makes the other tracks that were originally in-game seem silent if you get what I mean. Whoever is making those should be fired from your team or something, just try using the ones Nintendo composed because the new ones you added are just horrible, may I suggest something? there are hidden theme songs in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald that you could use, most of them are Johto themes, and never have been used before, and that would make the hack feel a little less generic. I mean...I feel like I'm playing something that's been rushed sometimes, the good points of this hack are its story, graphics and gameplay, I also noticed you changed sprites for some Pokemon which is great but please consider the music too, it's an important element too you know, and it also reflects how much effort you have put in to suit the game's atmosphere, please use better music. Get the ones unused from R/S/E, that will help it improve a lot, anyways thanks for listening.
How about doing some research before complaining about something that has already been fixed?

And do you have to repeat your points three times in a post? We got it the first time.

Okay, seems my music improvement idea was hated and I know you guys appreciate what Zel's doing but you're not helping at all by saying that everything's okay, it's a beta I know that pretty well, and that's why we need to point out the problems...anyways Nintendo will make a remake in the end so why do I bother, wait correction, why does Zel even bother?...
Haha wow, did you even read the posts stating clearly that the music is already being worked on?

Anyway, excellent work on Beta 5, Zel, and your work since then seems promising, keep it up. Very much looking forward to the next release.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Yes, zel, you've read it right: TM08. Since Rock Smash is now HM, you may use its former slot for Whirlpool (since you've changed the TM set to GSC), so you can have Dive as HM08.

Because I'm sure I replaced TM08 with some other move (as I said, the TM list of SG is just a mix of the original Gold + the FR list), I dont think I want to take out one of the TM moves to make room for Whirlpool and at the same time keep HM08.

will there be certain quests on the new region?

There's one main quest and then there would be a few small sidequests (mainly related to items leading to the legendaries and so on)

hey zel i have a question are you going to change the face you know in the region map cause i was just wondering. anyway i cant wait till beta 6 well good luck with it

Since I'm sure one day the hero's OW will be replaced, I'm not gonna change that yet into something that will be replaced again.

I like the sound of the new minigame! It sounds like a lot of fun, I wonder what that's gonna look like?

Like you falling down a waterfall. But, technically, I'm still not sure :P

Uh, Zel's back! Let's party!

I like the new game. Unneccessary but fun.

But I would prefer if the prize wasn't money but rather items/coins (with the earlier preferred by me). If it was for money, then it wouldn't be a minigame but rather a JOB.

It's a pity that FR/LG doesn't have room decoration. If it had, it would be just PERFECT prize.

Keep The Hack Up, anyway, I support you, as always.

"Money makes the world work"

What I mean is that, if I could do something about room decorating (which is not something as wacky as it seemed a year ago), I'm sure you'd need money. If more items would be available, I'm sure you'd need money. See? In the end, money acts as a wildcard for the access to all the rest of the stuff, that's why this minigame will keep working on the idea of using money as its engine :)

Of course, the game is magnificent; however, it's my nature to be pedantic and thusly aware you that the phone booths should read 'Whom do you wish to call?' and not 'Who do you wish to call?'.

Alright, I do what I can with my English skills, I'm sure there are a lot of errors like the one you mention. Fixed.

That egg contains a random pokemon, for example I got a pichu from it.... I wish the new minigame had more incentive. I look foward to having challenging gym fights, some were quite easy, and yet some were hard, like Janine.... I hope more pokemon are put in there like beldum... Me wants Metagross >.< ...... Good luck with the next beta

At least, we'll have a stronger and more challenging E4 (in the "X"), courtesy of your high-leveled-battler Aquilae.

Oh, and Zel. Do you already have the music for Elm's lab and Burnt Tower? Also, what are you going to do with the Pokemon sprites? I noticed you changed the starters. Are you going to edit the rest of the Johto Pokemon? I thought it would be cool if you'd change the Kanto Pokemon's sprite to their R/S ones. Since the R/S ones were the default, and they only edited the 1st gen ones because they were remaking the 1st gen. Just an idea. I love the hack. It's a very "authentic" GS remake experience. Excited for beta 6.

-Nikko.

Just remember spriting and music edition are not my departments, so most of those questions could be answered by Marnic, clonex and Magnius.

As far as I remember, I think Marnic only wanted to resprite the Johto Pokemon, as in the end, they are the important ones in Gold.

I do have a question, though. Where is this new minigame going to be located?

I'm not gonna reveal that info, because I'm sure it'll be easy to spot where they are located, as long as you are the type of gamer who explores everything.

Beta 6 is going to be great. Nice minigames Zel they are awesome. Anyway was wondering if you were going to put the Day Night System, The Johto Battle Tower, Pokemon Contest Halls in major city's ??

Contest halls would be good because Fire Red already has a contest ribbon page, and also the contest moveset page, in the Pokemon page. Fire Red had these features but failed to implement contests making it exclusive to RSE. If your afraid you'd run out of sprites for contests then take off the showoff round which is part 1, and just put in part 2 contest moves that way you save sprites. If not put em all and it be even more beastly with part 1 and 2 =). I always went to the museum to view them paintings and see ribbons and records. If you were to add a museum with the contest hall's it be awesome just like the trick house added.

Fire Red lacked berry plants. If you use the original ruby berry's and replace the current ones, then you can make pokeblocks for Pokemon Contests, in addition to keeping the original gold berry's effects. This way your adding more berry's, keeping the original sprites and the original gold version effect berry's. The only change was the names with the conversion of GSC to RSE with the new berries. You can replace the 2nd generation berry tree sprite with the 3rd generation trees making it look more aesthetic complete berry system that actually blends in with your graphics. Then you can use the sudowodo pail to water them.

Anyways its great as it is, just putting ideas that might be fun since it sounds like Pokémon contest mini game lol with ruby berry system, its a great hack thanks for making it yo and the weather effects are awesome =).

Not like I'm planning to make FR turn into RSE. Since it lacks all the functions you are mentioning, it wont be possible to do most of the stuff you suggest. Specially, the lack of a clock makes it impossible to do a real-time remake in FR, leading to no berry system like in RSE and no day/night system (though there could be something similar but we are not sure)

Hey Zel about wild pokemon locations, are they gonna be based on Gold/Silver, Crystal or a mix of both (exception of Hoenn pokemon since they don't normally appear in Jhoto).

For example in Crystal Ariados appears on route 37 while Furret & Venomoth on Route 43 but all 3 can only be found in Kanto in Gold & Silver.

I use a mix of both, if it showed up on a route on Gold, it'll show up on the same route on SG. And if a different Poke showed up on the same route in Silver, it'll be added as well on the same route in SG. Just that you can expect the Poke to be a bit rarer.

What legends will be in b6? Not asking where/how just curious on which legends you can get.

Lugia, obviously. And the rest... Why would I ruin the fun of discovering them while playing?

Also, is there anyway to challenge trainers immediately in Beta 5 or do I actually have to be patient? Also, I manned up and started over. I guess it helps me appreciate the beta more.

I'm sure I'm gonna lower the rarity of getting rematches, a bit. But not like I want them to happen each two seconds, people'd just abuse them.

Hi Zel, it's good to see the thread is reopened again, I haven't been viewing the Hacks Showcase lately.
But I really can't wait for Beta 6 to be released and nether can anyone, and also I'm wondering how long those mini game scripts are because I'm pretty sure that they're very long.
And good luck with Shiny Gold.

The last scripts I've done were really long, indeed. But I guess the next two will be shorter (at least, I know the next one will be shorter, according to my pseudo-code)

well... he kind of is,
but it has WAY more stuff that the original had and improves more than fire red and leaf green did.

I also have an idea for a minigame,
you know the "money making game" in "The Legend of Zelda"
thats my idea
if you don't,
it gives you three choices and you pick one one gives you 30 rupees (l.o.z. money) and the others take 10 from you
I was thinking of using game corner coins for the prize and cost but you can change whatever you feel like changing...

I know what you are talking about, but I guess it'd be a bit too obvious where I'm getting the idea from, and it's not like all the games are gonna be money-based. We just need to balance them all.

About that discussion...

And, not like I'm gonna get into a discussion about what happens with music and all that stuff. To stop the whole topic let's just leave it at a "we'll keep improving them" and that's it, OK?

---

Onto updates, I've pseudo-coded the next minigame and finished mapping the area where the game will be located. I'm guessing it looks a bit unrealistic, but as long as the game ends up being entertaining that's all I'm gonna worry about. That's all for now.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Well, I haven't posted here in a long time, but after watching a video of the pick and hammer minigame, I just had to say something. *90 thumbs up* This is such an awesome and original idea! What has me thinking now is how you did it, I can understand a small part of it, what I'm most curious on is how you changed your own player's OW. I can't wait for others to come, and I definetly can't wait for beta 6! Best of luck!

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
Years
Zel, I found a glitch.

so what is the glitch? I've watched the clip a couple of times but I didn't see it.

Not like I'm planning to make FR turn into RSE. Since it lacks all the functions you are mentioning, it wont be possible to do most of the stuff you suggest. Specially, the lack of a clock makes it impossible to do a real-time remake in FR, leading to no berry system like in RSE and no day/night system (though there could be something similar but we are not sure).

Why don't you create the Day/Night System based on the ammount of steps the player makes. Just like with the eggs. If a player has made i.e. 50.000 steps then enters and leaving a building/cave it will change from day to night and visa verca. When it changed, reset the stepcounter to zero.

Last edited:
Years
Why don't you create the Day/Night System based on the ammount of steps the player makes. Just like with the eggs. If a player has made i.e. 50.000 steps then enters and leaving a building/cave it will change from day to night and visa verca. When it changed, reset the stepcounter to zero.
Excellent idea!But 50.000 steps would be far too much!Maybe make it 15.000?So the cycle wouldn't be that rare.Anyway thumbs up for the idea!

DarthWaffles

IS A FIRIN' HIS LAZAR
Years
Wow, just started playing. Best heck I've played in a long time. Well, I haven't played that many hacks but still.

Good ol' GSC days. Excellent Hack, keep going.

=)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
Hey, what happened to my post?
I need to know where to get a FireRed ROM so I can use this hack. Can someone help, please?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hey, what happened to my post?
I need to know where to get a FireRed ROM so I can use this hack. Can someone help, please?

Asking for ROMs is against the rules, and that is probably the reason your previous post was deleted.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
I'm really glad to see you're still dedicated to this Zel. It's been a lot of work for you and it's great to see you finally getting there. It's ground-breaking.

The mini-games look great, it's great to see the original things from you, expecially as the whole project is a remake. In fact, I feel a lot of your talent is really restrained on this project, so I'm really excited to see what you've got planned for the final release with the (I quote) "new region-like-island or something".

But, yeah, it's still brillant work Zel, and I'm still watching intently.

Good luck as always.
~GC

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
[I use a mix of both, if it showed up on a route on Gold, it'll show up on the same route on SG. And if a different Poke showed up on the same route in Silver, it'll be added as well on the same route in SG. Just that you can expect the Poke to be a bit rarer.

So what about Crystal? Will the 3 mentioned pokemon appear in those 2 routes in Shiny Gold? (along with some other pokemon that are on other routes in Crystal)

Back