• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Nostalgic Red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Title: Pokemon Nostalgic Red

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red Version

Story: A boy from Pallet Town named Red starts on his journey to become a Pokemon trainer. Another trainer by the name of Blue Oak, grandson of Prof. Oak, also starts on a journey. They both choose a Pokemon from Prof. Oak's lab and battle each other. After a visit to Viridian City and getting Oak's Parcel he gets the Pokedex and Pokeballs from Prof. Oak and starts on a journey to catch all 150 Pokemon and compete in the Indigo Plateau Pokemon League HQ. But after getting his first badge he encounters a group of strange people named Team Rocket...

Features:

-Maps resemble Pokemon Red's maps.
-Some people share the same overworld like Pokemon Red.
-The Sevii Isles have a similar feel to Pokemon Gold, but the Pokemon in the wild...
-Jr. Trainer trainer class in the game
-And many others!

Pictures:

Downloads:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6212775&postcount=14

Last edited:

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
I'm sorry if I'm wrong but, I don't see the point of this. I know this is a mini-project but what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
It's an interesting idea. But Firered was already meant to be something of a nostalgia flick.
If you do keep this up, you should slip in a few of the old quirks, like Missingo.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
It's an interesting idea. But Firered was already meant to be something of a nostalgia flick.
If you do keep this up, you should slip in a few of the old quirks, like Missingo.

Isn't Missingo already in the game? You can battle it if you make a warp to 0-0-0, the 2 person battle room. You step on the battle place and a battle with Missingo begins.

Years
Yes this is Pokemon Fire Red made to look like the original Red. Some of the glitches from the original Red won't be in the game and yeah the title screen hasn't been edited for those who want to know. I will be putting up a download soon, but you have to be patient. I will be making a ROM Hack of Pokemon Emerald next month that's more edited like text, trainer battles, etc. Except the default tileset, I prefer it more.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Lol this looks good
By making maps like Red and Blue does that mean the weird Wild grass outside of pallet town ?

Years
The wild grass outside of Pallet Town will be there, and no the music will be the same Fire Red music. I am hoping to get a beta released next month. You'll have to wait a while too because there isn't a specific release date.

Years
Title: Pokemon Nostalgic Red

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red Version

Story: A boy from Pallet Town named Red starts on his journey to become a Pokemon trainer. Another trainer by the name of Blue Oak, grandson of Prof. Oak, also starts on a journey. They both choose a Pokemon from Prof. Oak's lab and battle each other. After a visit to Viridian City and getting Oak's Parcel he gets the Pokedex and Pokeballs from Prof. Oak and starts on a journey to catch all 150 Pokemon and compete in the Indigo Plateau Pokemon League HQ. But after getting his first badge he encounters a group of strange people named Team Rocket...

Features:

-Maps resemble Pokemon Red's maps.
-Some people share the same overworld like Pokemon Red.
-The Sevii Isles have a similar feel to Pokemon Gold, but the Pokemon in the wild...
-Jr. Trainer trainer class in the game
-And many others!

Pictures:

Downloads:

None are available at the moment, I'll try to have this up on October 9th or 10th probably...

Attachments:

It is up tonight?

Years
rstar095, please review the rules. Posting in a thread that's older than one month is not allowed. The date of the last valid post in this thread is October 10th 2010, which would mean this thread is nearly 9 months past the revival date.

SonicBlazePlatinum, if you ever need this reopened to post an update, contact either colcolstyles or myself.
Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back