• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: The Ultimate Black/White Demake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
This hack has the potential to be really, really awesome. Good luck. :D

Also, you may want to have a look here (projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?11469-Pokmon-Black-and-White-Translation-Project-v2)

Thanks. I want it to surpass the originals! (Although that is impossible!)
Also, thanks for the translation place. it'll go by much more accurately!

It's pretty cool, I guess, but don't worry about the graphics for now. Later you can make them black and white graphics, y/y?

Anyway, the religion thing still seems really stupid. There are kinda too many and unnecessary ones (Victinians, really?) and...what will it really do? ._.

Otherwise, it seems pretty sweet. good luck!

K/k, I'll worry later.
You hate the religion?! Well, I trimmed it down to the original three. You see, every region should wonder where they (the people) came from. The religions are just a way of saying "this is how we came to be". Joining a religion allows you to do multiple side quests and gain special items/pokemon.

I got bored, and made a userbar for this.

It's kinda meh, and I'm sure someone with actual GFX skills (or even a userbar generator lol) could do far better, but whatever. ;p

can't post links yet lol, so it's in my sig. :p

Thanks for the userbar! Maybe more people will visit this thread now!

I think the 1st one should be used in a more...Advanced areas where there's no forest and other nature stuff... The 2nd would work as a road for bikes or stuff like that...
I pick the 2nd one because you can add other stuff on it...

hope this project goes well...

Okay, that's 0-1! And thanks for the support!

dis is kewl :3 cant wait 2 download it

True dat man. Dis game might have da mini Alpha soon. It will be totally kewl bro.

I think you should add the B/W grapics, do not use the pre-done graphics.

Uggh! Complicated things!
However I will thoroughly consider that option. To work hard or to not work hard. Hmmm...

What about Pokemon Rainbow?

I am actually leaning towards Pokemon Catalyst. It just has this ring to it. And if you read the storyline, you are called a "catalyst".

Like I said earlier, I might want to release an Pre-Mini-Super-Small-Alpha that only goes up to Town Two (Karakusa) and Route one has all of the Pokemon I inserted so far. You like?

Baronnecro

AKA TolerantX
Years
Great Man! I can't wait for every moment, even when we get our initial 3 pokemons. (which usually bores me to death) From everything I've seen, beautiful work.

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Orre
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
This is what i'd name it lol.

Pokemon Black & White DE (B&WDE)
Pokemon DE: Black & White

Years
Thanks. I want it to surpass the originals! (Although that is impossible!)
Also, thanks for the translation place. it'll go by much more accurately!

actually, this is probably much more relevant to your interests:
(vgboy.dabomstew.com/other/BlackAndWhite.txt)

It's an actual script, so you don't have to go through the game, or the git, which is formatted for inserting into the game.

donquixote123456

Hacker on the go
Years
Ok heres the deal . If you are interested in adding 5 generation pokemon into your hack i can provide you with sprites , complete move sets that the pokemon will learn as they level up and evolve, and complete ENGLISH pokedex entries for most , and a few other things. However inserting them into the hack is completely your responsibility as i honestly don't have the time with my exams and stuff.
and i could also give you the tms that each pokemon would learn. The only thing you would have to find is move animations for the battle sprites and psypoke or what ever you call it you know the uh list that comes when you press start>pokemon in game

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Looking from storyline, how about Dawn of Nightmare/Twilight/Dusk?

Also, you say Fakemon:
Clickedoo!

On Fakemon section. I already have better art and they got a Ground-type Physical Sweeper counterpart some time tomorrow.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Demakes of B/W is a splendid idea. I do really look forward to playing it

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Great Man! I can't wait for every moment, even when we get our initial 3 pokemons. (which usually bores me to death) From everything I've seen, beautiful work.

Thanks! Hopefully the intro will be redone to be a tad bit... epic.

This is what i'd name it lol.

Pokemon Black & White DE (B&WDE)
Pokemon DE: Black & White

DE? Pweese explain?

actually, this is probably much more relevant to your interests:
(vgboy.dabomstew.com/other/BlackAndWhite.txt)

It's an actual script, so you don't have to go through the game, or the git, which is formatted for inserting into the game.

Wow! This is great! (I still wanna play the game still. Gotta make maps somehow.)

I wouldn't mind helping with this. I'd love to see how Hiun City will turn out as. I can do maps, as I have this on my AceKard.

Oh, an actual mapper. And you seem kind at that. Perhaps I shall look into this.

Ok heres the deal . If you are interested in adding 5 generation pokemon into your hack i can provide you with sprites , complete move sets that the pokemon will learn as they level up and evolve, and complete ENGLISH pokedex entries for most , and a few other things. However inserting them into the hack is completely your responsibility as i honestly don't have the time with my exams and stuff.
and i could also give you the tms that each pokemon would learn. The only thing you would have to find is move animations for the battle sprites and psypoke or what ever you call it you know the uh list that comes when you press start>pokemon in game

It's chill. I have already fully inserted 25 Pokemon as it is (in no particular order, like Victini and the three starters + Evos). Pretty easy with serebii.net and bulbapedia.

Looking from storyline, how about Dawn of Nightmare/Twilight/Dusk?

Also, you say Fakemon:
Clickedoo!

On Fakemon section. I already have better art and they got a Ground-type Physical Sweeper counterpart some time tomorrow.

Nice fakemon. I do appreciate people PARTICIPATING in the Activities. You just reminded me of something I will address at the end of this message.

Demakes of B/W is a splendid idea. I do really look forward to playing it

Thank you. I do appreciate encouragement.

Anyways, last remark. I know how people are saying "No Fakemons" or "It'll ruin the game for me" but when I go to the 5th Gen. Pokemon Discussion thread everybody says they don't like the 5th gen ones. Which one is it? Would you like the Fakemon that look real in the game so it satisfies the "Make better Pokemon, Gamefreak" urge inside of you, or keep with the originals?

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2010
A Black / White Demake? Sounds pretty interesting. :3 I hope you all the best, but, are you gonna add variations to make this more original or no?

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
This looks like it might be the start of something amazing... I hope appearances aren't deceiving in this case. Perhaps you ought to concentrate on the scripting and storyline before the graphics? That always works for me.

As for the BW Pokémon versus the Fakemon... I love good Fakemon, and I love BW Pokémon. But I think I love the Fifth Generation's offering more. I mean, how can a region populated by electric zebras, wickedly aristocratic snakes and afro'd buffaloes not be considered the best of the best?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
A Black / White Demake? Sounds pretty interesting. :3 I hope you all the best, but, are you gonna add variations to make this more original or no?

This will be original, I just really need to find the time to do it. Darn school.

Since it BW Demake I do say original Pokemon, and I think DE is Demake...

*facepalm*
Well, I guess I know something new today.

If Fakemons doesn't fit, then don't try to insert them. Just an advice. :)

I'll keep that in mind. In fact, I'm thinking about inserting a whole bunch, but everybody would probably hate it...

This looks like it might be the start of something amazing... I hope appearances aren't deceiving in this case. Perhaps you ought to concentrate on the scripting and storyline before the graphics? That always works for me.

As for the BW Pokémon versus the Fakemon... I love good Fakemon, and I love BW Pokémon. But I think I love the Fifth Generation's offering more. I mean, how can a region populated by electric zebras, wickedly aristocratic snakes and afro'd buffaloes not be considered the best of the best?

Yep, just started to do scripting. Almost finished before you get your first Pokemon. That's about three scripts already.

Sorry everyone for not replying earlier, life has been busy. I promise to put more effort into the game and, in the meanwhile, have some fun for you to think of.
What should my titlescreen be? What would you like on it? Please tell me, I'm running out of ideas.

Baronnecro

AKA TolerantX
Years
are they considered FAKEMONS if they are from B&W? I know thats not fake, just made by a spriter and VERY unfamiliar to everyone. I like the idea of adding pokemon from B&W as well as some D/P/Pl.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
are they considered FAKEMONS if they are from B&W? I know thats not fake, just made by a spriter and VERY unfamiliar to everyone. I like the idea of adding pokemon from B&W as well as some D/P/Pl.

Well, I don't think so. What i meant was, well... nevermind.

How's this going? And, here's a trick, how will you do Hiun City? I'd love to see that. I might try with an UT rom, just for a challenge.

So painfully boring right now!
I having soo much fun! I just finished the improved moves from Gen 4 onwards (Ex: Fire Spin now has a base of 35 and accuracy of 85), but wish i could add more moves to the game (Ex: Zoroark's signature move, Night Burst).

As for Huin City, I'm not sure yet. More that likely, I'll leave it as 2-D, since I'm outta ideas at the moment.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
You should wait until Pokemon Black and White comes out in English.

That way, you can have all the people and Pokemon names in English

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Hey, there's an Update in here!

You should wait until Pokemon Black and White comes out in English.

That way, you can have all the people and Pokemon names in English

Well, in all honesty, there are two reasons why I choose to do it now.
1) I'm impatient
2) I want people to see what the games were like before translations. before the cheesy English names and such. Plus, I want it to have that "different" feel too. It's definitely not going to change to the Unova region.

Now the Slightly Disappointing Updates!
In the meanwhile that this hack goes unnoticed, I have been (somewhat) working hard on it. One thing I did do (and said so in my previous post) was edit the moves and begin inserting icons. I'd show you some icons, but I forgot to take them before I closed VBA. Plus, I didn't save so I decided to not show you my half-work (only half of the icons were replaced, I find it hard to find the two-frame icons) and wait for another day. So for now:

54221190.png
87732710.png

54221190.png
16190442.png
17339735.png

16190442.png
55884643.png
67384282.png

55884643.png
88779532.png
38751466.png

(And yes, I do notice the error in Zoroark's Pokedex Entry)
88779532.png

Ultima1

Pro Mapper
Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2011
Can't wait till the hack is done, downloading for sure! Also the gen 5 pokemon look like fakemon so adding fakemon won't really be necessary.

For the title screens put a picture of reshiram/zekrom. And make the bg white or black!

Last edited by a moderator:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
Hey, there's an Update in here!

Well, in all honesty, there are two reasons why I choose to do it now.
1) I'm impatient
2) I want people to see what the games were like before translations. before the cheesy English names and such. Plus, I want it to have that "different" feel too. It's definitely not going to change to the Unova region.

Now the Slightly Disappointing Updates!
In the meanwhile that this hack goes unnoticed, I have been (somewhat) working hard on it. One thing I did do (and said so in my previous post) was edit the moves and begin inserting icons. I'd show you some icons, but I forgot to take them before I closed VBA. Plus, I didn't save so I decided to not show you my half-work (only half of the icons were replaced, I find it hard to find the two-frame icons) and wait for another day. So for now:

54221190.png
87732710.png

54221190.png
16190442.png
17339735.png

16190442.png
55884643.png
67384282.png

55884643.png
88779532.png
38751466.png

(And yes, I do notice the error in Zoroark's Pokedex Entry)
88779532.png

In the game resources section there's all the B/W icons, both frames. This hack looks pretty nice, although I'm not a fan of the tiles. Good luck, I'll be checking back occasionally.

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2010
i'm really interested and will follow this hack now! do you need any kind of help like scripting or sprites or sprite inserting? I am a decent scripter, I can make sprites 64x64 and indexed, and insert icons and sprites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back