• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
But did it taste good? That's all that matters.

Years
I have to cook all the time for work. I'm not a certified chef, but I've been trained by coworkers who are actual chefs with culinary degrees and the like, so I'm a pretty good cook.

Years
Well, I've worked both short-order and fast food, so I can at least tell you when somethings burning ^_^

On a personal level, I seem to be a polorizing chef, It either turns out amazing, or it turns out to be barly food, I just can't make an average meal. For some reason meals that take a bit more time to make like Lasagna and Sheperd's Pie turn out better then the quick and dirty meals like Eggs and Toast, and god forbid Ramen Noodles.

Gabri

m8
Years
I can put frozen stuff in an oven.
Other than that, I can cook rice and spaghetti. And some fried stuff. Not much else.

I really have to learn how to cook decent stuff.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I reallyenjoy cooking for others but not all that much for myself. I've always wanted to try and make a proper beef wellington but it takes like 3-4 hours or something like that. Would have to be for a special event.

Years
yes, and I would manage a guess that a bitter almond taste wouldn't taste very good...but I could be wrong.

I remember reading a story once where a lady has a house guest over, and she poisions the guy and the only way you discover he was poisoned is because the tea tasted like bitter almonds :)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I reallyenjoy cooking for others but not all that much for myself. I've always wanted to try and make a proper beef wellington but it takes like 3-4 hours or something like that. Would have to be for a special event.
I'm the opposite, actually. I like cooking for myself as I know exactly what I like and what sorts of flavours to put in. As well, I feel slightly more liberated to experiment and make mistakes, as I'm the only one that's going to be eating the finished product. I don't cook an awful lot, but when I do, I like it to be all for me! :D

Years
I like cooking for certain people. People who frequent my store and order from me a lot, AKA the regulars, I love to cook for and impress with new stuff. But the random noob who stumbles across the grill drives me freaking insane. I hate that.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Well I know that I can cook if I'm given instructions! I mean last week I made this really weird yet tasty Meat Loaf recipe while taking instructions from my mom on the phone lmao.
On my own though, I can put together a good salad, make basic soups, and throw some bacon and eggs in a pan because yummm. Dis be all.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'm the opposite, actually. I like cooking for myself as I know exactly what I like and what sorts of flavours to put in. As well, I feel slightly more liberated to experiment and make mistakes, as I'm the only one that's going to be eating the finished product. I don't cook an awful lot, but when I do, I like it to be all for me! :D

In a way, I see what you mean, as I have my own flavour profile and I can't handle some stuff like spicy things and whatnot, but for others, I do like to try and step out of my comfort zone if they don't mind being a "test subject." >:3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I put this bacon molasses seasoning in everything. Mashed potatoes, ramen, chicken, it's the best seasoning I've ever had and I'm obsessed with it. I think my boyfriend is tired of smelling it hahaha.

Years
The past 3 times I've checked this thread the conversation has been about food, lol.

I pretty much can't stand food. I'm an insanely picky person, so I don't like to try new foods much. Although, I do like sweet foods.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Interestingly, I just cooked some food myself. Fish, garnished with garlic & cilantro, with vegetable soup & garden salad. My family will loooooove it. <3

Seasoned salt is my secret ingredient. Crap, did I just said that?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Interestingly, I just cooked some food myself. Fish, garnished with garlic & cilantro, with vegetable soup & garden salad. My family will loooooove it. <3

Seasoned salt is my secret ingredient. Crap, did I just said that?

Don't worry. I use that stuff a lot myself haha

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
droomph it's better than everything ever and you WILL like it. >:(

edit: oh jaysus those stickies need thinning out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back