• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
My Poliwhirl is at level 50 when i start the game :/ is this normal.

mine is too. i had to restart the game coz it bugged out for me :( but now my poliwhirl is level 50, and when i tried to enter mt moon the game crashed.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2021
mine is too. i had to restart the game coz it bugged out for me :( but now my poliwhirl is level 50, and when i tried to enter mt moon the game crashed.
Yeah, same. it played the cutscene when green and blue enter vermillion and i completely missed out on 2 arcs :/

Years
Great ROM so far. I have always loved manga based Pokemon games and hacks. Keep up the good work :-) I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say this looks very promising and I hope you finish all stories.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
so I downloaded beta 2 and started off with a level 50 poliwhirl. After the mt moon cut scene where blue and green battle, I was transported straight to south of cerulean. Everytime I stepped forward into the 2nd gym the game would freeze, I fixed that by using walkthough walls and going straight into the next room. After the bike race this women blocks the path saying something about a pokemon being sprawled out. I used walkthrough walls againt to get past her into lavender town. Now im really stuck because I go into a house and the guy lets me stay inside, than says to come with him. When I do, my ivysaur pickachu and poliwrath are out and im facing a tombstone but nothing happens. I talk to the guy and he asks if ghosts are real. When I talk to poliwrath the game freezes. HELP!!

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
the game is really bugged at the moment. after talking to professor oak at the mt moon pc, it starts the vermillion arc where green and blue go past the hiker. and because of the lay out of the maps, there is no way to get to cerulean without walk through walls

Years
so I downloaded beta 2 and started off with a level 50 poliwhirl. After the mt moon cut scene where blue and green battle, I was transported straight to south of cerulean. Everytime I stepped forward into the 2nd gym the game would freeze, I fixed that by using walkthough walls and going straight into the next room. After the bike race this women blocks the path saying something about a pokemon being sprawled out. I used walkthrough walls againt to get past her into lavender town. Now im really stuck because I go into a house and the guy lets me stay inside, than says to come with him. When I do, my ivysaur pickachu and poliwrath are out and im facing a tombstone but nothing happens. I talk to the guy and he asks if ghosts are real. When I talk to poliwrath the game freezes. HELP!!
Same thing happened to me. What I'm doing is applying the very first beta patch to fire red, when that patch ends, I apply the next patch, so on and so forth. Beta 2 seems to kind of make everything previous to it real buggy

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
Same thing happened to me. What I'm doing is applying the very first beta patch to fire red, when that patch ends, I apply the next patch, so on and so forth. Beta 2 seems to kind of make everything previous to it real buggy

unfortunately that shouldnt need to be the case. people that might be starting the hack will obviously download the newest beta. but i will have to try your way though

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Just released Beta 2.2, download that patch, and patch it into a new clean rom.

Okay, if anyone found more glitches, please tell me so I can fix it. Thank you.

Minor bug just found at Vermillion:

Jesus is alive walking over the seas!

Fixed that.

for some reason the game is black when ever you try to play it and this after i patch beta two can you fix this bug and the first time the game froze when i try to start it up.

What do you mean?

Awwwwwww...No update for 2 weeks :/

I will be updating, just not as much

My Poliwhirl is at level 50 when i start the game :/ is this normal.
mine is too. i had to restart the game coz it bugged out for me
3.%20frown.gif
but now my poliwhirl is level 50, and when i tried to enter mt moon the game crashed.

Fixed on beta 2.1, download that.

Hmm... Did you you patch using a clean rom?

Oh, i see what you mean by skipping arc. Damn, da script got mixed up. OKay, I'll fix it right away.

Just released Beta 2.2, it should fixes the Mt Moon PC glitch.

Patch beta 2 on a clean rom.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
ok so i've just started a new game (again) with beta 2.2 and i have encountered a few bugs that freeze the game.

1. if you lose to rhydon in mt moon, there is no rematch and when you go to that zone again, if you try to talk to the lying down misty it will crash. but if you go past and out of mt moon misty will be there as if you won the battle.

2. the rescue bill arc when you go to his cottage to get the feed the ratata is sitting in the room and if you try to talk to it it will crash.

3. when you enter cerulean gym and take one step it will say "!" and throw you into the water, unable to do anything, and (i'm guessing, due to not being able to do anything) the game crashes. this one makes the game unplayable past this point.

ALSO when in viridian city, if you go in the pokemart and leave, it spawns you in front of the house next to the mart

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
I downloaded and patched beta 2.2 onto a clean rom and it still didn't fix the lavender town issue where the game freezes as I mentioned in my previous post. HOWEVER I found a solution to it by depositing Poliwrath, Ivysaur, and Pikachu into the pc and than going into Mr. Fuji's house. it worked like a charm and now I can enter pokemon tower.

Years
i mean the everything is black you see the sprites but the surroundings are black and beta 2.2 has the same problem.

never mind i re-patch it to a clean rom everything fine now.

Last edited:

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
thanks for a new beta man. Will be playing it after Pokemon Resolute. Really do love the manga story line & I'm remembering it as I play it out.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Just uploaded beta 2.3, this beta fixed freeze bug. It fixed the Cerulean GYM freeze bug, and Lavender Town Freeze bug

Make sure to patch on a CLEAN ROM, and start a new save file because the beta uses new flags and sprite code.

ok so i've just started a new game (again) with beta 2.2 and i have encountered a few bugs that freeze the game.

1. if you lose to rhydon in mt moon, there is no rematch and when you go to that zone again, if you try to talk to the lying down misty it will crash. but if you go past and out of mt moon misty will be there as if you won the battle.

2. the rescue bill arc when you go to his cottage to get the feed the ratata is sitting in the room and if you try to talk to it it will crash.

3. when you enter cerulean gym and take one step it will say "!" and throw you into the water, unable to do anything, and (i'm guessing, due to not being able to do anything) the game crashes. this one makes the game unplayable past this point.

ALSO when in viridian city, if you go in the pokemart and leave, it spawns you in front of the house next to the mart

Okay, will fix this up right away.

I downloaded and patched beta 2.2 onto a clean rom and it still didn't fix the lavender town issue where the game freezes as I mentioned in my previous post. HOWEVER I found a solution to it by depositing Poliwrath, Ivysaur, and Pikachu into the pc and than going into Mr. Fuji's house. it worked like a charm and now I can enter pokemon tower.

Okay, fixed it, uploading next patch soon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2013
Hi, new here.
Made an account to point this out, because this mod looks amazing.
Tile glitch after you find Cubone, when you're heading back to Pallet, the one path you can take to get to the little Park
Couldn't post a picture, but it happens on the fifth grass tile from the left, as well as the ones north and south of it, all four of those little grass tiles.

Not sure if this has been pointed out yet, probably has, but on the off chance it hasn't, well, there you go. It happens every time I get there, and since that's the only path I can take, well, boo.

This looks like a very fun game hack, and I'm ecstatic for it. ( Never read the manga, but I love Pokemon games, and one where the protagonist actually has a personality sounds amazing, and the story seems fun. )
So, a bit disappointed that I can't play past that point.
Really really looking forward to the next beta, assuming it'll be gone there.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Hi, new here.
Made an account to point this out, because this mod looks amazing.
Tile glitch after you find Cubone, when you're heading back to Pallet, the one path you can take to get to the little Park
Couldn't post a picture, but it happens on the fifth grass tile from the left, as well as the ones north and south of it, all four of those little grass tiles.

Not sure if this has been pointed out yet, probably has, but on the off chance it hasn't, well, there you go. It happens every time I get there, and since that's the only path I can take, well, boo.

This looks like a very fun game hack, and I'm ecstatic for it. ( Never read the manga, but I love Pokemon games, and one where the protagonist actually has a personality sounds amazing, and the story seems fun. )
So, a bit disappointed that I can't play past that point.
Really really looking forward to the next beta, assuming it'll be gone there.

What do you mean? Do u mean it freezes?

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2013
What do you mean? Do u mean it freezes?
Freezes, yes. You get little bits of Grass around Red, like he's in mid-tall grass walking animation and the game just freezes there. Emulator itself continues running, though.

Very very sorry for the lack of a screenshot, this site won't let me post an image or a link ( Despite the link being on this site ), but I do have it saved on an album on my profile. Again, very sorry, but I've tried quite a few times to post the image or a link to the image of the tile that triggers it.

EDIT
Tried a Walk Through Walls code.
As fun as waltzing through the trees was, I came across the same problem. As soon as I step into that line of tiles, the game freezes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
script glitch with new patch? when i get thrown off the ship the first time after looking through the door, i meet the fan club chairman but when i go into their little base, the script doesnt activate, and there are also two sailors guarding both entrances to try get on the ship. also when i try to talk to the fan club chairman all he says is "please find my abra" or whatever it is he says

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2013
Downloaded and patched the 2.2 Beta over the 2.3, and I got past that line without trouble.
So it's a problem occurring in the 2.3 update.

Back