• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
1, You probably need to ask in the emulation section. 2, This is the advanced generation section, so asking about DPPt and HGSS here is a no no anyway.

Years
I need an advice. I started playing Pokemon Leaf Green again, and I don't know what water type I should use. Last time I used a Seadra.

What should I choose between Vaporeon, Cloyster, Poliwrath and Kingler ?
thanks

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
I'd recommend using Poliwrath, its strong, has two nice STABs, gets a good typing and is bulky too. But as it's obtainable only with a good/super rod, Vaporeon is good too.

You can also choose Squirtle as your starter.

Years
Depends what you want.

Vaporeon's fairly defensive while being able to deal out decent damage.
Cloyster won't take a special hit, but no physical attack will get through him.
Poliwrath's fairly average all round, so can be tailored to your needs.
Kingler is meh. Inferior to them all. Not as much defense as Cloyster, not as much attack as Poliwrath, and rubbish special stats and speed.

I would advise Vaporeon. It's probably the best out of the 3 eeveelutions available to you, as whilst Jolteon is good, its best moves are in the 4th Gen (Signal Beam, anyone?)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 12, 2010
Cloyster is great, although its special stats (especially defense) are unspectacular. Still, it has phenomenal physical defense and its dual water-ice stat is helpful against the E4, mainly Lance. Don't even bother with Kingler. Vaporeon and Poliwrath are strong, but in terms of my own personal preference, I've always considered them to be kind of meh.

Also, why not consider a different water type, like Slowbro or Starmie?

Zheeph

2794 3335 3469 - SoulSilver FC
Years
Hey guys, I have a question about pokémon emerald: In battle frontier, if I go with a team of lvl 20 pokémon, do my opponents have their EV's maxed out?
Hoping for an answer, Zheeph.

Years
Uhhh....they have EVs anyway?

I know if you go with a team of lv.20s your opponents have lv.100s

In most it's set to 50 or 100, and in Battle Dome they alter to your highest-levelled pokemon. Everywhere else your pokemon are whacked down to size to make it fair.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Not a simple question.

More some deep-research-and-simple-mathematics-question.

I own Pokemon LeafGreen.

How many Kanto pokemon can I capture, in-game. Not counting glitches, hacking, or trading.Only out of the original 151.

If I then evolve all the Kanto pokemon I own, how many will I have in my pokedex?

Just wondering, as I aim to get a very complete Pokedex.

Zheeph

2794 3335 3469 - SoulSilver FC
Years
Uhhh....they have EVs anyway?

I know if you go with a team of lv.20s your opponents have lv.100s

In most it's set to 50 or 100, and in Battle Dome they alter to your highest-levelled pokemon. Everywhere else your pokemon are whacked down to size to make it fair.

Ok, so, I ended up finding out that the lowest they get to is lvl 60 (of course their EV's are maxed out), so the least I can use is a lvl 60 party. Thanks for the reply.

Mezase Master

I wish I had pants.
Years
Whiscash?

I've been fishing in Meteor Falls for over an hour now with the Super Rod trying to find a Whiscash, and all I'm getting are a bunch of stupid Barboach. According to Bulbapedia, and some other sources, there's an 80% chance of hooking Barboach and 20% hooking Whiscash. Now I've had to search for Pokémon with 1% or 2% odds many times, and it never took this long or this many encounters. How have I not found one yet? Are the odds lower, or do they actually not even appear in the area? I know that odds never gurantee anything, but for a one-out-of-five chance this is just ridiculous.

If I knew this was gonna happen, I would've just caught an extra Barboach and evolved it, but after all this time wasted that just wouldn't be satisfying. So can someone please clarify whether or not Whiscash appear here?

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I mixed records using my Sapphire and Emerald. Now in my Sapphire, the secret base from my Emerald is in the game and I can't even battle the trainer because there's a lot of furniture in the way so I can't talk to it. Is there any way I can delete the Emerald secret base on my Sapphire?

I tried removing the secret base on my Emerald then mixed records again but it didn't work.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 5, 2022
Well, I've been doing a speed playthrough of Fire Red to get a Calm Clefairy w/ Softboiled and Seismic Toss (here's hoping the ability turns into Magic Guard when I evolve it in Pearl). This got me thinking about other move tutor dependent movesets.

My question is are there any other current Gen. movesets that you guys/girls are aware of that require using FR/LG/E move tutors (besides the typical Seismic Toss/Aromatherapy Blissey)? I keep thinking that there must be something for the Explosion MT. Thanks to anyone who can help me/direct me to a good source or thread.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I mixed records using my Sapphire and Emerald. Now in my Sapphire, the secret base from my Emerald is in the game and I can't even battle the trainer because there's a lot of furniture in the way so I can't talk to it. Is there any way I can delete the Emerald secret base on my Sapphire?

I tried removing the secret base on my Emerald then mixed records again but it didn't work.

Change your base location or move the furniture around on Emerald then mix records again. It should work then.

I've been fishing in Meteor Falls for over an hour now with the Super Rod trying to find a Whiscash, and all I'm getting are a bunch of stupid Barboach. According to Bulbapedia, and some other sources, there's an 80% chance of hooking Barboach and 20% hooking Whiscash. Now I've had to search for Pokémon with 1% or 2% odds many times, and it never took this long or this many encounters. How have I not found one yet? Are the odds lower, or do they actually not even appear in the area? I know that odds never gurantee anything, but for a one-out-of-five chance this is just ridiculous.

If I knew this was gonna happen, I would've just caught an extra Barboach and evolved it, but after all this time wasted that just wouldn't be satisfying. So can someone please clarify whether or not Whiscash appear here?

Make sure you're in the correct room. Whiscash can be caught with the Super Rod in Meteor Falls on the ground floor or in 1F. If you're tired of looking there, try in Victory road on B2F. Hope that helps. You might consider looking up the map to both areas.

Not a simple question.

More some deep-research-and-simple-mathematics-question.

I own Pokemon LeafGreen.

How many Kanto pokemon can I capture, in-game. Not counting glitches, hacking, or trading.Only out of the original 151.

If I then evolve all the Kanto pokemon I own, how many will I have in my pokedex?

Just wondering, as I aim to get a very complete Pokedex.

It's not that difficult, however I guess the title of this thread can be a bit misleading, haha.

With LG, the most you can capture in-game (including evolving and excluding Mew and trade evolutions) is 132. If you evolve the Pokemon that are Kanto that got an evolution in gen II, you'll be at 134 (only two evolve from friendship; everything else needs night/day or trade+item). Hope I didn't miss anything in that.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Thanks!

Uhhh....can I evolve an Eevee into Espeon/Umbreon when there is no time system in LeafGreen?

Or do I migrate it and evolve it into an epic pokemon?

Years
How do I get the Master Ball in Sapphire? I know it's in Aqua's hideout, but whenever I surf there, it's closed off.

I ask this because trying to catch Registeel is proving to be a huge pain.

How do I get the Master Ball in Sapphire? I know it's in Aqua's hideout, but whenever I surf there, it's closed off.

I ask this because trying to catch Registeel is proving to be a huge pain.

Oh, turns out I did some stuff in the wrong order, so I can't get in now because I have Kyogre and have beaten the Elite Four. Great game.

Last edited:

The Red Chain

Uhhh....can I evolve an Eevee into Espeon/Umbreon when there is no time system in LeafGreen?

Or do I migrate it and evolve it into an epic pokemon?

You have to migrate it.
Eevee cannot evolve into Espeon or Umbreon in FRLG. XD;

Popuri

~Eievui~
Years
Guys: How can I get a pokemon like Totodile to evolve in Fire Red without the national dex? (Or how can I get the national dex before fighting the E4?)

Nevermind, it magically worked this time................

Last edited:

redsaber5859

Banned
Years
firered overpriced?

Well, I went to gamestop today, and noticed that fire red cost 30 dollars, RS cost 20, emerald 30, and lg 25, does anybody know why Firered is more expensive than it's counterpart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back