• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 26, 2015
thanks for the help dude. the sad thing is my game suddenly crashed after i fought the cute pokemon (pikachu), the screen just went black after the little girl said that the cute pokemon will come back again tomorrow or something like that. hahaha. guess ill just start a new game again when you release the next beta.
you got a great hack. keep it up! :)

Trainer 781

Have started playing this hack and I have to say it is awesome. Especially, the mapping and region which is diverse and non-linear. I really like the concept of showing the parts of later visiting routes earlier. The tiles and graphics are also nice. Great to see the pss split implemented and new music added. This hack is very different from others hacks and official pokemon games I have played. (I can't explain the reason but I feel like I'm playing a different type of game from a normal pokemon game).

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
The dedication you put into this hack is awesome. keep it up i think your hack is going great. You're very active in your thread too. This is definitely worth the HOTY of 2014. this better get popular like glazed did !!
Thank you! I appreciate the support buddy!
thanks for the help dude. the sad thing is my game suddenly crashed after i fought the cute pokemon (pikachu), the screen just went black after the little girl said that the cute pokemon will come back again tomorrow or something like that. hahaha. guess ill just start a new game again when you release the next beta.
you got a great hack. keep it up! :)
That "black screen" is actually an emulator problem. That black screen that occur is executed from a script that displays a cutscene, but your emulator doesn't seem to emulate cutscenes well.
Have started playing this hack and I have to say it is awesome. Especially, the mapping and region which is diverse and non-linear. I really like the concept of showing the parts of later visiting routes earlier. The tiles and graphics are also nice. Great to see the pss split implemented and new music added. This hack is very different from others hacks and official pokemon games I have played. (I can't explain the reason but I feel like I'm playing a different type of game from a normal pokemon game).
Thanks! I wanted to recreate a "a GSC Johto experience" since it was one of my most nostalgic childhood games! And I also wanted to modernize it in a way with a unique style!
I saw that beta 3 maybe is coming on april fools day is this still in the plans xD
Haha, it is just a joke! xD Right now, I had been busy bug fixing some things! I actually found a few game destroying glitches! In reality, for beta 3 progress, I have a good bit left. Right now, I'm looking for some tree tiles for Route 61 and Luster Forest!

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Nice Update!
Since you changed the typings and added new fakemon there would be a documentation for their EV yield, location, base stats right?

EDIT: I'm loving beta 3 right now!

TXV

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2014
Might give this a try when Beta 3 comes out. Looks good! =)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
today april one nd wer is beta 3
I put that release date in February as an early April Fools joke, haha.
Whoa beta 3 is out im in Taejo now great update author!
Beta 3 is far from done, haha. Not really that far, but yeah. And yes, I have changed literally everything.
Nice Update!
Since you changed the typings and added new fakemon there would be a documentation for their EV yield, location, base stats right?

EDIT: I'm loving beta 3 right now!
Beta 3 is not out yet. I am currently doing some bug fixing and restoring my computer.
I think he will upload a zip with the locations and stat changes etc documents tommorow
I will release this soon, nearby the real release date of beta 3.
Might give this a try when Beta 3 comes out. Looks good! =)
Thanks!
Indeed looking good cant wait for Beta 3
Thanks! Beta 3 still have ways to go.
----------
I had been inactive lately, this had been due to my laptop giving me an April Fools joke. Windows started to give me random freezing problems. I had to back up my data and whatnot (including this game, whew, what a close one!). Progress on the game have slowed down a bit, it will be back in action once I am finish restoring my laptop!

Trainer 781

I have got 4 gym badges. Got the rock smash hm. Found the lost girl in the nosturf cave. Talked to her mother yelling because of not bringing her. Where should I go next? Unable to figure out.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Dec 15, 2014
This hack is just awesome!
I especially love Eevee as a starter, as it is my favorite Pokemon!

Good job!

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I have got 4 gym badges. Got the rock smash hm. Found the lost girl in the nosturf cave. Talked to her mother yelling because of not bringing her. Where should I go next? Unable to figure out.
Beta is over. However, if you're lucky enough or figure out how to get into Lola's Garden, then... surprise! It's one of the top secrets of the game.
what to do after winning the 3rd gym
http://www.romhack.me/discussions/thread/316/build-version-2-5-faq/

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 3, 2017
Why doesn't this hack have much attention? Is it not complete? Because everything looks great from the sprites to the storyline and the features. Seriously, this thread deserves more attention. I'll try this one out shortly.

~Shy

Excuse my grammar I'm Filipino
Years
Why doesn't this hack have much attention? Is it not complete? Because everything looks great from the sprites to the storyline and the features. Seriously, this thread deserves more attention. I'll try this one out shortly.
You serious? I think it has enough attention already.

@FrozenInfernoZX
how do you evolve Eevee into fairy?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
It's not complete yet. There is a beta 2 of it. It's a two region hack in the making and beta 3 will be a polished "full region" hack (only with the first region completed). Also, some parts of the second region will be accessible in beta 3.

I also plan to work on this game no matter what, till the death of me.
You serious? I think it has enough attention already.

@FrozenInfernoZX
how do you evolve Eevee into fairy?
It cannot evolve in beta 2, but it will in beta 3, post league, Professor Oak will give you another Eevee from Kalos along with the unique evolutionary stone of your choice that will evolve it into the one of four Eevees.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
There is a Taejo Vent in the Mini Reservation that says "I know you can find rare Pokemon! I know it!" Upon further investigation I had found out that the Science Guy in the Mini Reservation has the same script. (I'ts me Sonicdx1100. Changed my name. You may have thought I was a random person sending you the walkthrough of your game I did.) XD

Back