• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The DlC Thread

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Having this gen's event legendaries as DLC fits the bill, but the only question is, will they be for a limited time only like past event legendaries? Will it also include items required to unlock these event Pokemon? They did say that there'll be extra accessories for DLC, for I'm looking forward to it.

They never said the extra accessories would be DLC, they just said you'd get extra clothing/accessories later in the game, never even mentioned DLC

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
If they make you pay money for downloadable pokemon, I will honestly stop playing the series. If you pay money for event pokemon that are hard to obtain like mew and celebi i'm fine with that, but if they make new pokemon that have to be downloaded that would just be AWFUL.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
If they make you pay money for downloadable pokemon, I will honestly stop playing the series. If you pay money for event pokemon that are hard to obtain like mew and celebi i'm fine with that, but if they make new pokemon that have to be downloaded that would just be AWFUL.

I doubt they'd ever do that, they want to encourage collecting Pokemon and they'd already be making ya pay for it by buying both games, so no need for micro transactions

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I honestly don't see Pokémon doing DLC, unless they were completely new maps.

I can definitely see outfits and maybe even Pokémon as free SpotPass downloads, though.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I honestly don't see Pokémon doing DLC, unless they were completely new maps.

I completely agree with this. After so many improvements in this new Gen, making you pay for Pokemon would be an immense step back i think, and wouldn't do GF or Nintendo any good.
Tbh i don't see Pokemon having any DLC, although some free stuff like clothing or some kind of extra tournament for an equivalent of the PWT would be pretty neat

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I completely agree with this. After so many improvements in this new Gen, making you pay for Pokemon would be an immense step back i think, and wouldn't do GF or Nintendo any good.
Tbh i don't see Pokemon having any DLC, although some free stuff like clothing or some kind of extra tournament for an equivalent of the PWT would be pretty neat

whoever said DLC had to be paid for? the current Pokemon games already get DLC, it's called a Wi-Fi Pokemon event =P

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
People don't seem to grasp the idea of what DLC will mean for Pokemon...

DLC will never be paid DLC on a Pokemon title, unless its so much new content that it's worth it... Nintendo has promised that paid DLC is the worth idea they have ever heard of... DLC for a Pokemon game like this will be clothing and accessories, but also the events... Instead of having two of those event cards that you have to delete as you get more events, you'd be able to store all the events on your 3DS. This means that you could clear your save files and keep the events installed (We might even have multiple save files due to 3DS storing the saves). Meaning you still have the time limit to snag the event itself, but once you have it you have it forever, unless you delete the DLC...

Back