• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
It does what it says it does.
Simply encrypts your ROMS header or something, to prevent most tools from being able to use it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2011
Well it's not that, the problem is, when I open up the ROM how do I navigate to the scripts so I can edit them?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I made a quick test with this editor and noticed it can really help editing the scripts in pokemon gold (especially as I'm not used to pointers yet).
Of course I'll also use the "real way" to do this because some of the bytes this tool shows don't accurately match with the data that is stored in the rom.

Anyway, nice you made it back then :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2011
I'm getting this error message when I start the program: "Could not load Scintilla.ddl! Make sure you extracted PKSV-UI correctly!"

It worked before but now it seems to be broken somehow. But I don't understand how because I have the Scintilla.ddl in the same folder. I re-installed it, same thing happened. Help me.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Will there be support for RBY too? Because I was thinking of changing those events.

It already does support Ruby. Just script it like you would Fire Red (watch out though, some of the FR\LG commands don't exist for Ruby and vise versa)

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Sorry, I'm new to this whole thing. Would someone be willing to tell me how to use this to have Oak give you the National Dex right at the start instead of the normal Poke'Dex? I've tried searching several offsets, but can't find what I need to change... not to mention how to change it. I'm using FireRed, if it helps.

Never mind, I figured something out.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2010
Associate Shell

When I open AssociateShell it says "ERROR: access is denied"
what should I do? Cuz I really wanna edit!

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
It already does support Ruby. Just script it like you would Fire Red (watch out though, some of the FR\LG commands don't exist for Ruby and vise versa)

I don't think you understood the question that was asked.
RBY doesn't stand for Ruby, it stands for Red Blue Yellow, the first 3 internationally released Pokemon Games.
Hope that clarified things a bit.

KidMartian

Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
How do you put scripts together? for example, can you do a give pokemon script and then a give item script all in the same script.?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I found a minor bug with this tool.

As you (score_under) probably know, winlosstext command (63 XX YY 00 00) is used to point to the text data after a battle is won (where the pointer is XX YY).

In my hack, event data of a house in New Bark Town is in Bank 60.
In that house, there is a person, and in the beginning of the script of that person, a 3-byte pointer points to Bank 13. In the script, the person tells you something and afterwards, a trainer battle starts.

When "winlosstext" command is used, the editor tells you that the text shown, after the battle, is loaded from Bank 13 although the game still loads the text in the same bank where the event data is located (Bank 60).
In this situation, I made the game load text, after the battle, at offset 0x182D7F by just having 7F 6D as the pointer (the editor will still show the text is load at offset 0x4ED7F but whatever...)

It doesn't matter to me anymore because I know how to get along with it but I just thought you might wanna fix it :)

Oh, and the game I'm hacking is Pokemon Silver (if it really matters).
Scripting commands in Gold and Silver should be the same, Crystal is a little different nevertheless.

Last edited:

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I just downloaded this and it is working great. My computer was having trouble with some of the other scripting programs, but this one opens just fine.
I see very few things left to improve without attempting to make to make it built for stupid people(And that defeats the point of the overly hard to understand world of scripting)

I just downloaded this and it is working great. My computer was having trouble with some of the other scripting programs, but this one opens just fine.
I see very few things left to improve without attempting to make to make it built for stupid people(And that defeats the point of the overly hard to understand world of scripting)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back