• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Java] PokeNation 2012 - A new Pokemon MORPG

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2013
can we play the game soon ?

It will still take a while till it's finished :s

The most recent updates on PokeNation are:

New Login Screen

Style was based on suggestions, I hope you like it although it isn't 100% finished(I'm missing the registration tab and a message box).
There is also an error on the font I'm using, but it will be sorted out very soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wIzWkCj77M

AfqWM.png

Forum AddOns

Thanks button, rank images and a unfinished chat were installed.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2013
I came with 3 simple Ideas for the user interface. Also Zeus suggested to make the menus hide-able, like a like arrow that we can click to hide/show.

Tell me if any of those ideas are good, I'm showing some blank buttons because I don't have decent icons for them yet :p

GjnMd.png

zHOkd.png

8Frem.png

CapricornPsyche

Psychic Trainer of Capricorn
Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
I like how you can view your pokemon party from above on thew top of the screen, makes things kinda easier if you constantly want to know your pokemon's health status and such :3

As for where to put the main menu, I suggest the bottom right hand corner, just so your not accidentally clicking on your pokemon to check it's info when you intended to click on the main menu. Plus it also give the screen a balanced feel to it.

Good luck with the project!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2013
The most recent updates on PokeNation are:

1. User GUI/Main menu

Based on suggestions I decided to make the menu draggable so I could place it on one of the 4 game corners. Yet this isn't done, only the menu itself. Also you can see the small bottom bar with basic information (Cash, Rep and Game time).

ANAzc.gif

MjznZ.png

2. Multi Cursor System

When you over some special tiles they will have another cursor to show.
    you can also see on the videoa basic ledge system, it has no "jump animation", but I will work on that later :)

Multi cursor system test - YouTube

3. Interface System

This is the first interface I've made:

wUpw0.png

Interface System | Outfit Changer - YouTube

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
The game looks very good so far, how do you plan on making the battle engine? Just like the normal ones? or custom?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Whoa, I can't believe I haven't seen this thread yet. This looks fantastic, and I'll definitely be watching this project.

So trading will be possible between characters? Also, what about the legendary Pokemon? Will they appear in the game? Will they be only catchable once by every trainer, or just once, meaning that if someone catches it, other players won't be able to?

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
This is Impressive. I've known games similar-ish to this idea, but this one seems the most polished. Out of curiosity, will it have an offline mode too?

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2013
Whoa, I can't believe I haven't seen this thread yet. This looks fantastic, and I'll definitely be watching this project.

So trading will be possible between characters? Also, what about the legendary Pokemon? Will they appear in the game? Will they be only catchable once by every trainer, or just once, meaning that if someone catches it, other players won't be able to?

I can't answer those questions yet, once we are completely done with the game engine we can start thinking on that.

This is Impressive. I've known games similar-ish to this idea, but this one seems the most polished. Out of curiosity, will it have an offline mode too?

Only online :p

There are lots of update being made, I'll re-do the main thread very soon to show the new stuff.

Meanwhile I was testing these cursors, and will probably use them :p

2f2UP.png

If you're interested in our project give your suggestions here or hop in our chat PokeNation - Chat or forum PokeNation - Forum

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
Looks impressive again! If it's released before christmas, it could be an early christmas present to anyone that wants to play!

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2013
STRAIGHT FROM OUR UPDATE LOG @ http://www.pokenation.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?30-Update-Log

As promised we will keep the update log updated.

So, today Polish has continued his work on Battle Interface. We aim to have the best battle screen among the other pokemon morpgs, which won't be that hard as their current battle screens are all too basic and static.

Note that he just started working on it, the pokemon are animated and he also already started working on move effects. The dimensions of the current screen are not final, this is just for testing.

N4LyP.png

And I've added the interface designed by Apples into the client which I'll finish tomorrow adding the server side of it.

H2dYM.gif

Oh I almost forgot to say that Polish has been working hard on our current cache system, always trying to improve it here and there. At this moment it let us dynamically update the cache on startup without any major downloads, unlike many other games. And to those who don't know, when I say "cache", I'm talking about the resources that are saved in your computer (images, musics, etc).

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2013
Another update log, quoted straight from: http://www.pokenation.org/forum/showthread.php?555-20-11-12-Battle-Screen-preview

The animation effects are just for testing, nothing is tuned for the real battle.

_________

Today I lost a lot of time for my laggy computer but i can show you what I've done:

* Fixed positioning pokemons on their bases.
* Camera moving and resizing poke to whole screen ( still needs to be fixed cause of pokemon animations such as flying -,- but for most of them it works)
* Umm added some moving algorythms (you can see it when pokeicons are falling down)

That's all i think :)

So 99% of you guys dont want to see my ****** text with alot of grammar mistakes , so there ya go:

1sq2V

1sq4p

1sq6G

1sq7B

1sq8z

And prize ! I made a video! Weeeee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQOBfqSHDNA&feature=youtu.be

STAPH! ! !
Just realized that i wrote only what I done now its time to write what Xavier done:

Yesterday(2 dayz ago :F), Xavier also added PM tabs in our chat to make private conversations easier. It's not fully tested, but it's working afaik.

The battle screen gui design is a result of many ideas shared in our chat (pokenation.org/chat/), feel free to appear there and contribute with your own ideas.

HIHIHI POLSKA KURDE!

Back