• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Of Vices and Virtues[M](OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Well, I'm seein' two claims on Lust and Kindness! Wonder who'll get this one first, and which one'll have to edit.

Kiklion, I'm noticing that you're putting multiple forms for your Hell Form. Please try keeping it down to a single form, as one should be more than sufficient--both in super-awesomeness and ability. Also, concerning your powers, you'll need to include a real balancing act in their effects (for example, Leonard's gravity manipulation puts so much strain on him that he has trouble moving, and Akira can't move at all while he's using his force field), and not all of them have to be directly related to the Sin and Virtue you take. (Take a look at the other character sheets posted so far for a few examples, both Holy and Hell. You'll notice arguably unrelated powers still being applicable to the characters' sins and virtues.)

Last edited:

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
For the multiple forms, I asked Warden about this and he said it was fine. The reason I'm adding multiple forms is because it's relating to Cameron's third power.

For the balancing act, I didn't include the issues with these powers since most if not all of them more than likely wouldn't cause a major issue other than what would come with learning how to wield the power in the first place, but I can write jot those down quickly.

And I know my powers don't have to be related, I just really want them to. X)

juniebug910

Dragon of Light
Years
I: Normal Form

Name: Melia Joneh

Sin: Envy

Virtue: Temperance

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Melia is a calm and collected girl...most of the time. When she sees two people madly in love, her powers activate without her knowing due to her anger of seeing love right in front of her eyes. She will only do it if they are strangers, however, and only if they are boyfriend/girlfriend. Not when they are married or engaged.

To her friends, Melia is a caring girl who will help them if they need it. To her enemies, Melia is cold and doesn't mind if something bad happens to them, though she will help them if the trouble they are in is lethal. To complete strangers, Melia is neutral, and will eventually decide if they are friend or foe. It doesn't take much to become friends with her, but same with becoming her enemy.

History: Melia was born into a rich family, but with an easily excited father and an over-protective mother. They were targeted by robbers or murderers a lot, but the guards they had hired kept them safe.

When Melia was ten, something....bad happened. While in the park, some murderers tried to kidnap Melia and kill her. Though the guards that came with them had saved her, her parents argued over who caused her to get in danger, breaking the bond between them. Eventually, they divorced, and Melia's mother went away, with a third of the money, while Melia stayed with her father. Her mother visited at times, but only to see Melia, and not her father. When they did talk, it always was fighting. Seeing love everywhere else, Melia got angry that her parents could not feel love, but others could. This caused the feeling of envy in her heart.

However, unlike her father, who lost control every time her mother was mentioned, Melia could keep her control, and wanted everyone else to as well. This gave birth to the temperance in her heart.

Powers: On her side of envy, Melia is able to erase the love between two people of the opposite gender, except herself, though...she kinda doesn't...you know...nevermind. It's small, and can't take ALL the love, but just enough to make them only be slightly friends. It only works 75 percent of the time, though.

For temperance, Melia can cause someone out of control to go back into control. Again, it's small, but it has a 90 percent chance of working.

II: Holy Form

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Artefact: Melia's artifact is the small tiara on her head. The jewel is normally blue, but it will change color depending on the power she is using.

Powers:
Levitation-Aquiring the power of wind, Melia is able to fly, not super duper high, but high enough. Her tiara's jewel becomes white when she does this, and she cannot use any other powers when flying.

Calm Waves-Harnessing the power of the ocean, Melia draws water from any nearby source(s), fills it with heavenly magic, and aims it at the enemy. During this, The jewel becomes a lighter blue.

Soothing Flora-Using the power of nature, Melia is able to grow vines and flowers to trap the opponent. The tiara gem becomes green when this is used.

Heaven's Purification-Calling the very power of heaven itself, Melia sings a beautiful song that can purify evil. The tiara's jewel becomes yellow when she uses this power.

III: Hell Form

Appearance: (no dragon thing, obviously)
Spoiler:

Powers: Her evil power comes from the chain-if the part of the chain that is on her leg is removed, Melia will be purified. She can also normally fly-no powers are needed for that here.

Stormy Hurricane-Making a tornado and surrounding it with a black fire, Melia shoots it at the opponent.

Rough Seas-Filling the surrounding water with dark magic, Melia fires it at the enemy, which actually is painful due to the amount of magic she puts in.

Rumbling Earth-Tearing parts of rock and dirt from the ground, Melia surrounds the enemy with them.

Hell's Corruption-Calling the dark energy from hell itself, Melia fills normal people with it, making them soulless, while she feeds off of the energy from them.

Saber of Hell-Melia uses a sword called the Saber of Hell, and uses it like a regular sword, but it it unbreakable and is much more powerful than a normal blade.

Last edited:

TornZero

Years
Well, now I can't wait to see what kind of forms you plan on coming up with. (If I see a reference to Mara in the final form I'm gonna bust a gut.) Though, with the multiple forms, do you really need to shapeshift? xD

The reason I wanted to see a good limit on the powers was that your Sin's powers will get indefinitely stronger as long as they take effect, unless the Lust Empowerment doesn't work on effects induced by Cameron's other abilities or it has a cap on its power.

Last edited:

TornZero

Years
@juniebug, a few things. Though I like the Hell Form's dependence on an artefact, they're supposed to be empowered by their inner sins directly, having no reliance on a physical object for their abilities. Also, on the appearances, I'd really appreciate if you described them in words, rather than pictures. (Two of those pictures I've actually seen fairly frequently, and the Hell form is supposed to be rather demonic; much less human.) Your powers need to be elaborated on as well. If you need help with wording, I'm sure someone'll be willing to work with you. Finally, I'd like it (for organizational and space purposes) if you put your character sheet in [spoiler][/spoiler] tags.

I'm not asking you to erase anything you've already made, just expand on the things I've noted. Ultimately, though, your acceptance will be in The warden's hands.

juniebug910

Dragon of Light
Years
How about I type what Melia looks like, but keep the pictures so that people actually understand her description?

The other stuff I'll edit soon, and I'll try to find a different picture to go off of for the hell form.

Kikpanther

Years
Well, now I can't wait to see what kind of forms you plan on coming up with. (If I see a reference to Mara in the final form I'm gonna bust a gut.) Though, with the multiple forms, do you really need to shapeshift? xD

The reason I wanted to see a good limit on the powers was that your Sin's powers will get indefinitely stronger as long as they take effect, unless the Lust Empowerment doesn't work on effects induced by Cameron's other abilities or it has a cap on its power.

I thought about that, and it was my reasoning for not having it before, but there are a couple of powers I have been struggling with. I was thinking the shapeshifting would be directly affected by the Empowerment. For example, if he had a lot of energy from the Empowerment he'd turn into maybe a strong wolf or a powerful dragon, but if he had little to no energy then he would turn into a puppy or a very small, weak dragon. He would still be able to turn into whatever he wanted, but they'd be smaller in size/strength and their affects (if he plans to manipulate anyone) would also be weaker.

Though, I was thinking about moving the controlling power over the Holy form just to add one more neutral/defensive power and then giving a Hell a new offensive power (I was thinking Elasticity), but I'm not sure yet.

If I added Elasticity the Empowerment wouldn't affect it all other than strength, but that's a given. The Empowerment only indirectly effects the Energy Manipulation. It wouldn't increase its strength, but can be used like a reserve system (though I can't think of many scenarios where that would be his main way of using it). It only affects the Field by making it larger or smaller. So at his weakest it would be at its smallest and at his strongest it'd be at its largest (with a size limitation, of course). This isn't automatic, Cameron would still have to be able to learn how to control the Field's size, how much energy it takes up, and things like that.

The extra forms I plan to make don't exactly add a whole lot to him except body parts (wings, tail, ect.), strength (a given), and a more demonic/monstrous/larger form. The first form is a neutral, standard appearance, the second form is slightly more demonic, the third is a completely demonic form, and the fourth is a monstrous one. After the fourth he'd just get bigger, but at a much slower rate than the other forms. Changing into these aren't instant like Cell and Freeza, it's actually gradual, but I figured writing them down that way would make it easier to find out how much stronger he is/understand how things work.

These are just my base ideas and things are still changing (either minor or great) so a yes/no or a better idea is greatly appreciated if you could think of anything. X)

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I just have the history left, but if there's anything believed I should edit right now, please tell me! :)

TornZero

Years
The warden'll have to make his comments about the ability limitations, and probably the "leading the souls of the dying to a peaceful end" (love the Valkyrie motif), but my only question is on Syr's last-listed Holy power. I'm seeing it as being able to see different outcomes in the same situation (and pushing towards a desired one without exactly knowing how to get there), but I'd like that explained better, please. xD

Also, you really shouldn't worry so much about the history; we asked for only the major details. (Even Raikiri didn't make more than a paragraph for it!)

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Okay I won't stress! :P I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overstepping and I'll do that explanation right now! I just wanted to show that I wasn't wasting time and that was as far as I had gotten XD

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
XD I hope not. :P I've had way too much sugar today so... That would be bad.

PkmnRangerJ

Pokemon Ranger
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
Hi there ^.^ I read the plot and wondered, with all this heaven/hell stuff, wheres the Chaos? Someones got to be on no ones side yet on everyones side yet also on his own side right?

TornZero

Years
Um... wut?

Really, I did not understand your question, whether it's supposed to be funny (frankly, it wasn't; no offense, this isn't a funny RP), or whether you're looking for something where they're supposed to be fighting constantly (they're not; it's actually going to be slow before the good stuff), or what (what).

Kikpanther

Years
Appearances and history left.

Man I suck at appearances. X( I'm just glad there isn't a Roleplay Sample. x.x

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Phew, think i'm done. Please tell me if those changes helped at all. :)

TornZero

Years
Welp, I asked for the major details of the history, I'd definitely call those pretty major details. xD I love it, Fuyu, though if you can simplify or better explain some of your powers (though my confusion can be chalked up to tiredness), you totally have my support. All you'll need is The warden's approval and you're in.

Kikpanther

Years
Okay, finished this SU.

Literally hours of work. x.x Especially on the powers and those little details (I love the little details). Hopefully everything is explained nicely and acceptable, I kind of want to get off this edit schedule. XD

Spoiler:

So, SU up! Putting it in this post so it's easier to find. :)

Last edited:

TornZero

Years
AHHHHH

Now we have to choose between which one gets to stay and which one has to be changed/rejected! T_T (On another note, I actually expected this to some degree well before The warden even posted this thread, but I didn't think we would have to choose between two totally awesome ones!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back