• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
and about the ditto you can clone ditto for yourself right? if you can ill be glad to give it to you

Actually, I've never tried to clone in D/P.

I haven't responded to that guy yet but he said he could give it to me and I could give him a credit (free Pokemon) for once I get started. Hmm, you know, that's not a bad idea. I could give him the best Shroom I can breed, and he could sell it as "ShinyElite's Breloom", lol!

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
So I ended up with only 2 shiny Voltorb.....I got 2 right away then spent and hour and nothing so I just gave up 2 is good enough for me, one is calm with the ability soundproof and the other is quiet with the ability static....I'm not entirely sure which is a better nature for a voltorb I was thinking the quiet one but meh maybe you guys could let me know....as well I think I'll ev train this one but i dunno what to train it in really so I could use some help there too aswell =)
thanks <3

I'm really quite happy with the blue it's way better than the pokeball red look =)

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
So I ended up with only 2 shiny Voltorb.....I got 2 right away then spent and hour and nothing so I just gave up 2 is good enough for me, one is calm with the ability soundproof and the other is quiet with the ability static....I'm not entirely sure which is a better nature for a voltorb I was thinking the quiet one but meh maybe you guys could let me know....as well I think I'll ev train this one but i dunno what to train it in really so I could use some help there too aswell =)
thanks <3

I'm really quite happy with the blue it's way better than the pokeball red look =)

well i stop sring palkia because i was jealous of your blue pokeball lol (hate to admit it). so it made me pumped up about catching my own pokeradar shiny so im going hurry and try to get it ^^. well my first poke was going be voltorb because it has a 40% rate of showing +30% for using static so thats a 70% chance it will pop up. i like those odds =D

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
thanks <3

I'll gladly let you know.

Calm raises Special Defense, while lowering Attack.

Quiet raises Special Attack, while lowering Speed.

(yeah I wanted to be all fancy about it)

So, for the Calm one, you could use it, but the one with the Quiet nature gets a Sp. Attack boost, and it's already like 3rd fastest ever so I don't think a drop would hurt it that much.

Cool, my Electrode has a Calm nature too. =) It's also Soundproof!

My Electrode, as is all my other battlers, are Lv. 60

In comparison, mine's Sp. Attack (with 252 Sp. Atk EVs) is... 152. It's speed is 215. Not bad, not bad....
In comparison with my Roserade and Magnezone though... lol. Magnezone has 215 Sp. Attack, while Roserade has 223....... o_o'

She's also very fast, maybe an underrated team member. The only thing that undermines her is that she doesn't have a load of type coverage, and she's kinda frail.... Kinda. Her Sp. Defense is pretty high on it's own. I love it. =) It's my only one, too.

ANyway, for an EV spread...

Since Calm (like mine) lowers Attack, you may want to avoid going Boom with Explosion. Even though it may still do a lot of damage, it'll probably come up short many times that you'll need it, which is why my moveset is this:

Thunderbolt
Magnet Rise
Hidden Power (which is Water, thankfully, like I mentioned earlier)
Thunder Wave

I think I just maxed Sp. Attack and Speed. Or did I max Sp. Attack and then half it into the defenses.... I can't remember.

Should you use the Quiet one though...

I'd max Speed and put most in Sp. Attack and then some into Attack to boost Explosion's power (replace one of the above moves with explosion, you may want to replace Hidden Power with Explosion if the Hidden Power is bad).

Some might say that you should max attack and then put the rest in Speed and some into Special Attack, but my Electrode's purpose at the time was to be my ELectric force, so I didn't want it to go "boom". It has average Sp. Attack so it's not useless.

... Yep, there's a lot to think about. Might want to check your two Voltorbs IVs before doing anything with them though, that way you can get an even better idea which one would be best for battling with.

I gotta raise some of my other Pogeymanz, like my Lickitung, Buneary, 2nd Bronzor that has Heatproof but superior stats to the one I use; And a bunch others.

Looking for more shinies is a habit hard to break, especially when it's one that you really want. Gligar, you're next.

BTW.... I wonder where that one guy was when I was here last year? I forgot what his name was, but we sorta "raced" to get shiny Gligar, but I never tried because I lacked experience. He actually got some though, so I'd like to talk to him and see if I could garner some tips.
But going through what I did with Buneary, I could take any of them on.
Seriously.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

fearow23

You know, that guy on T.V.
Years
After a long absence from this forum, I am proud to announce two new shinies I caught!

My old ones by soft-reset are Regigigas and Rotom.

In my Firered, I finally captured Electrode by Soft-reset (in the Powerplant. MODEST NAUTRE!) and after over a year, Snorlax (Lax nature)

Not much to brag about but still, it's pretty awesome.

Tabatha

Years
okay!

Quiet nature, Strongly defiant Likes dry food, 25/36/39/43/54
Calm nature, Often dozes off, Likes bitter food, 20/36/38/40/63

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
WOOT i just got pokeradar today ^^ im going chain for the swarm, its a doduo (think thats how you spell it) wish me luck

edit: my chain broke at 10 so im going attempt again

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
good luck dude after a while you'll get a feel for the chains and get them to the 30s every time, of course over the past week I've had 3 chains go over 50 and lost it without shinies lol

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
i haven't been posting (nothing to say really) but i have been lingering in the background reading posts ... gd luck shinyhunter011 i've had no luck with chain and have give up on areodactly too stressful maybe another time?

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
good luck dude after a while you'll get a feel for the chains and get them to the 30s every time, of course over the past week I've had 3 chains go over 50 and lost it without shinies lol

This, I've never really understood. I see it everywhere, and I don't get the point. All you have to do is get to 40, and walk back and forth over and over resetting the radar under the shiny grass comes up. It's been stated in mathematical outcome that your chances don't increase anymore after 40.

So if you get there again in the coming week, plz plz plz just wait it out and you will be rewarded. =o

As far as I'm concerned, my biggest challenge of yet is tomorrow. I gotta go get 4 fillings at the dentist, early morning.
And watch, on both Diamond and Pearl I'll have great Swarm Pokemon. :P

Also, yesterday my friend that joined up here once long ago came around. Apparently he's been trying to get a shiny Magikarp..
Since he's gonna be around for about 2 - 5 days, I know he'll want to rumble. He's already requested some Brawl and Mario Kart, and I know Pokemon's also on that list. So... maybe I'll be able to nab Gligar sometime or another... which is why, in a way, I am hoping there's a good swarm Pokemon tomorrow so I can get it while I wait for him.

fearow23

You know, that guy on T.V.
Years
After a long absence from this forum, I am proud to announce two new shinies I caught!

My old ones by soft-reset are Regigigas and Rotom.

In my Firered, I finally captured Electrode by Soft-reset (in the Powerplant. MODEST NAUTRE!) and after over a year, Snorlax (Lax nature)

Not much to brag about but still, it's pretty awesome.

OMG! So I am playing XD while softresetting for a shiny Drifloon (I changed the time to friday, saved next to it, and warped back to today), and I got it! This is probably the quickest shiny I soft-reseted for (less than a day!) It's a bold nature, I forgot to have a sychronize guy try to get the nature I wanted...oh well! It's still AWESOME!

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
This, I've never really understood. I see it everywhere, and I don't get the point. All you have to do is get to 40, and walk back and forth over and over resetting the radar under the shiny grass comes up. It's been stated in mathematical outcome that your chances don't increase anymore after 40.

So if you get there again in the coming week, plz plz plz just wait it out and you will be rewarded. =o

Just make sure you have a lot of Super Repels.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
yeah, my problem is after 5 minutes of restting the radar I get bored and increase the chain

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
yeah, my problem is after 5 minutes of restting the radar I get bored and increase the chain

well with me i just mess up at a chain of 40 lol. ive only got a shiny bidoof but traded it. i missed that beaver looking thing ;_;. the problem with me is i take risk a lot like sometimes i go to patches 3 away sometimes on the edges. because im a little impatient

edit: woot swarm is electrike, the only problem is i dont have a static pokemon =/, if i catch one its not going be at a high lvl

edit 2: dang it i found out if i use static it might draw out 2 other electric

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
DDD, the one guy you're talking about who you raced was DarkParukia, I believe. And if you ever want to Brawl, gimme your FC and stuff; I'm always looking for a challenge (and Serebii just doesn't cut it anymore).

I haven't really been hunting for anything other than Tangela these past few days, and even then, I haven't been hunting for Tangela that much. I'm about ready to just move on, however, I'd really like to fix the Network Machine, and trade my shiny Venusaur, Lapras, and ultimately Blastoise (trade it from LG to FR and from FR to Emerald) to Emerald so that I may clone them.

Does anyone know if the Darkrai from the TRU Event can be shiny?

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
Years
DDD, the one guy you're talking about who you raced was DarkParukia, I believe. And if you ever want to Brawl, gimme your FC and stuff; I'm always looking for a challenge (and Serebii just doesn't cut it anymore).

I haven't really been hunting for anything other than Tangela these past few days, and even then, I haven't been hunting for Tangela that much. I'm about ready to just move on, however, I'd really like to fix the Network Machine, and trade my shiny Venusaur, Lapras, and ultimately Blastoise (trade it from LG to FR and from FR to Emerald) to Emerald so that I may clone them.

i dont think the TRU darkrai can be shiny, i heard events cant become shiny unless it was something like the manaphy egg. Anyway i have been really busy just got back into shiny hunting. good luck everyone!

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
OMG! So I am playing XD while softresetting for a shiny Drifloon (I changed the time to friday, saved next to it, and warped back to today), and I got it! This is probably the quickest shiny I soft-reseted for (less than a day!) It's a bold nature, I forgot to have a sychronize guy try to get the nature I wanted...oh well! It's still AWESOME!

Congratulations!! My quickest SR shiny was my first (Beldum), it probably took like 45 minutes lol.

Just make sure you have a lot of Super Repels.

Indeed. Personally, I use Max Repels. Why? That way I don't have to stop and use a Repel more often. 4 Radar resets before I run out of Repel and have to break the action and concentration. But to each his own I guess.
(BTW, I'm packing 999 Max Repels. =D )

Thanks. Boy, you sure do have a good memory around these places. :)
Brawl doesn't work the greatest on my connection speed. We could try it but it can be a pain just to play people from places like Colorado. However, everything else is fine, including D/P and PBR.
I think you're pretty good as is. =P Actually, my organizer is pretty full up right now. I got challenges, trades flying all over the place. XD

i dont think the TRU darkrai can be shiny, i heard events cant become shiny unless it was something like the manaphy egg. Anyway i have been really busy just got back into shiny hunting. good luck everyone!

Yep, that's why I'm waiting to see if anyone can actually get it shiny before I try to get mine. =)

So, my Swarms today weren't that great, on Pearl it was the one that was on Diamond the day before (Slakoth. Kinda looks cool but if I get any more shinies it'll be ones that -I- want.) and on Diamond it was Lickitung.
What a coincidence.
That guy who wanted one of mine talked to me and he said his Swarm Pokemon was Lickitung, and he got one, that it was Adamant and it's Sp. Def IV was 31.
(Still can't beat mine. Sorry pal.)
We're gonna battle later though.

I'm probably gonna train my own Lickitung this evening. My dentist visit went great, but I'm VERY sore. He went ahead and done 5 teeth, one of them he said there wasn't anything wrong with and that the X-ray was wrong on that one.
One reason I'm very sore is that I bit my tongue 6 times or more.... So numb I couldn't tell.

Good luck everyone!!

HEY HEY! Pokemon Ranch was released today!! I gotta get it tonight!!! Now I can free up my Boxes on Diamond (Having a box & a half of extra shinies...lol.... it takes up precious space when everything else is overflowing) and put on and switch around my Pearl shinies at ease!

YAY!

Last edited:

Tabatha

Years
well with me i just mess up at a chain of 40 lol. ive only got a shiny bidoof but traded it. i missed that beaver looking thing ;_;. the problem with me is i take risk a lot like sometimes i go to patches 3 away sometimes on the edges. because im a little impatient

edit: woot swarm is electrike, the only problem is i dont have a static pokemon =/, if i catch one its not going be at a high lvl

edit 2: dang it i found out if i use static it might draw out 2 other electric

Haha I'm just like that too with chaining I'm impatient and I tend to take risks and go to the 3 patches or the ones near the edges too ><

Back