• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Pokemon Episode?

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
What is your favourite episode from the anime?

There are quite a few good one but for me it is "The Land of Giant Pokemon"
I have no idea why I like this episode so much, I just do!

Joshawott

Banned
Years
Though I most certainly haven't seen all of them, my favourite would have to be the one in which Ash's Charizard takes on Blaine's Magmar. That's probably one of the most epic battles in the anime, and being that Charizard is one of the most epic Pokémon certainly contributes to that. It's also the turning point in Charizard's respect toward Ash.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
As of now, my current favorite episode is the episode where Misty releases her Togetic. It made me very sad, since Togetic was with her for a long time. That episode was really touching. Coming close is the episode before it. xD

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
My favorite is "A Poached Ego" - since in the anime Team Rocket trio are my favorite characters [that are not Pokémon] - it was just heartbreaking to see Arbok and Weezing leave, I could feel tears coming down my face while watching them leave.

Years
My favorites are usually some of the more magical, deeper episodes that reflect what makes the Pokemn world unique and wonderful. And also really emotional ones where humans and Pokemon help each other out. Snow way out, Bulbasaur's mysterious garden, A friend in deed, the Joy of Pokemon, just to name a few. There's really too many to count actually, I can't single out an absolute favorite!

F1refly

Stuff and things
Years
My favourite parts aren't really from the show, more from the Pikachu the Movie. Specifically the part where Regirock bursts out of the ground. The way Regirock and Registeel talk is so cool in my opinion.

My favourite episode? I've missed out on a lot of them but I distinctly remember one from the original series where they come across this dig site and while they are sleeping a huge gengar apears and is then beat up by a giant Jigglypuff. Anyone know which one I'm talking about. I like most episodes and any episode which has a Kabutops is instantly my favourite.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Though I most certainly haven't seen all of them, my favourite would have to be the one in which Ash's Charizard takes on Blaine's Magmar. That's probably one of the most epic battles in the anime, and being that Charizard is one of the most epic Pokémon certainly contributes to that. It's also the turning point in Charizard's respect toward Ash.

I remember this one vividly, this is one of my favourites.

My favorites are usually some of the more magical, deeper episodes that reflect what makes the Pokemn world unique and wonderful. And also really emotional ones where humans and Pokemon help each other out. Snow way out, Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden, A friend in deed, the Joy of Pokemon, just to name a few. There's really too many to count actually, I can't single out an absolute favorite!

Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden is another one of my favourites. I don't know why, but I really love it when Pokémon make their own decisions about evolution like that. And Ash's Bulbasaur's learned SolarBeam in this ep as well, which is cool!

My favourite parts aren't really from the show, more from the Pikachu the Movie. Specifically the part where Regirock bursts out of the ground. The way Regirock and Registeel talk is so cool in my opinion.

My favourite episode? I've missed out on a lot of them but I distinctly remember one from the original series where they come across this dig site and while they are sleeping a huge gengar apears and is then beat up by a giant Jigglypuff. Anyone know which one I'm talking about. I like most episodes and any episode which has a Kabutops is instantly my favourite.

This episode's called The Ancient Puzzle of Pokémopolis if I remember correctly. There's also a giant Alakazam :P

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
All of my favorite episodes are of the first two generations, I stopped watching after that. Hoenn killed it for me.
The Big Kahuna is at the top of my list. I love Puka, the surfer's blue eyed pikachu and it's mysterious awesome ability to feel waves.
I also love Brock's connection with the little lost stantler in The Little Big Horn. It's probably the only time he's actually managed to impress an Officer Jenny or Nurse Joy too, in this case an Officer Jenny specifically haha. I have always loved Brock both for the humor he brings the show and for his intelligence and compassion towards pokemon. Her's a well rounded character.

Gosh it's been so long I am trying to remember all the episodes I have seen. I also enjoyed The Kangaskahn Kid, a cute George of the Jungle spoof.

I also liked the episode the name of which I can not remember when Ash entered a grass pokemon competition with Bulbasuar along side a little boy named Ethan with a skiploom. I loved that he kicked Ash's ass in the final round and took the win even if it was with an unexpected solarbeam.

I also really liked the episode, once again with a name I can not remember where the kids met a woman named Willamina with a bit of an annoyingly whiny Marril who actually responded well to Brock's flirting and liked him. Being a hopeless romantic I loved the scene where a thunderstorm broke out, and Brock comforted a frightened Willamina. It was interesting to see a girl who was actually attracted to Brock since as great a guy as he is, he tends to come on far to strong which usually intimidates. So I found that unique which is something you don't get much of with Pokemon. Usually they just keep reusing the same basic ideas. Gosh now I am wanting to watch this episodes.

Then I can't help having some sentiment for the Sabrina episode since it was my first. Sabrina's character was also pretty intense and interesting.

Years
There's been so many episodes, it's really difficult to choose! Especially when I don't remember most of them.

The episodes centered around Team Rocket tend to rank highly with me, along with the League Tournament episodes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
I've seen literally all but 2 episode (the one with Sawsbuck and the one with Sigilyph and Cofagrigus) so I have quite a few favorites.

My favorite though has got to be Charizard vs. Articuno...absolutely EPIC!

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2018
Mine is "At the End of the Fray", there was just so many epic moments in that episode. When I first saw it, and I saw Swellow catch Donphan in it's talons, my jaw dropped. Then battle of Grovile and Pikachu against Metagross, all shooting at the same spot was awesome. The final standoff between Meowth and Pikachu...

Ash vs. Tyson was just epic!

Years
I actually draw a blank most of the time when asked what my favorite episode(s) are, but I loved the one with the two Nidoran that fell in love as well as most other Orange Islands/early-mid Johto episodes. Also, although I disliked Sinnoh, I really liked the tag battle competition where Chimchar's fear of Zangoose was revealed (where Ash and Paul teamed up to battle). Super epic episode with lots of awesome scenes. >:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
I like the one where Ash caught Bulbasaur. And the one where he let butterfree go. (I haven't seen these since I was a kid, so I only remember the biggest parts)

Poke-roogs

Call Me Maybe
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2012
Most any episode with Ash's Charizard entertains me ("Can't Beat the Heat" immediately comes to mind). The show also really hit its peak during the second season, what with a bunch of cool ideas like a crystal Onix, unique Gym Challenges, well done character-based stories, and a league that Ash actually won (the only time that's ever happened... does the Battle Frontier count?).

Oh, and I almost forgot, "Bulbasaur the Ambassador"! That was a good one!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
In order;
1) The Punchy Pokémon - It was the first episode on the first Pokémon VHS tape I had when I was younger, it's been my favourite episode ever since. I must have played it over at least once every day. It starts hilariously with a battle between Pikachu and Hitmonchan, and there's that cool tournament, Team Rocket stealing that Hitmonlee, and Ash saying goodbye to Primeape. D':/:'D
2) Where No Togepi Has Gone Before! - Although the D/P series was pretty weak for my overall, I've not laughed that much from an episode in ages till I saw this. That Togepi was just so adorable, and so evviiilll. It was very much one of those really whacky episodes. Randomly going into Space, attacked by a Rayquaza, and then almost crashing back down into the exact same spot to went up in. xD;
3) Meowth's Scrafty Tactics! - A very new episode, but it just spoke volumes for me. It was very different from a lot of episodes, it featured the start of Meowth joining up with the gang, and that Iris gag. Even if it was short lived, it was very enjoyable. I loved the Scraggy development too, that Scrafty was awesome.

Years
Oh how nostalgic the first five.. seasons, are..
But I would go to a different direction then, and that's the epicness of battles. And no battle looks better than those of the League Finas! That's when Ash shows how strong he really is, unlike in the beginnings of new regions.
Those episodes, like 'At the End of the Fray' mentioned by Obrusnine, must have been planned for great amounts of time!
And so, on one of them there's the most awesome moment: in 'Battling a Thaw in Relations', the rise of Infernape can't look any better. ("Afraid not. ..huh? ohh!.. Alright! Infernape, time to show Paul just how strong you are!")

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Due to the fact that my parents banned all pokemon from the house when I was younger I haven't really seen any of the old episodes, just some of the new ones, so my favorite episode I can't remember the name of (naturally), but it was the one where Ash challenges Skyla the flying gym leader to prove that her method of "air battling" was wrong (she would imagine how the battle would go and decide who would win from that, no actual battle took place). The final battle between Swanna and Ash's Unfezant was probably the best flying type battle I've seen.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Piplup, Up and Away! I shall say, there many funny episodes in the anime but nothing beats this one for me xD. It's like a dream come true for me; Piplup mad over Gible's Draco Meteor, and his Dawn Fantasies lol! It was one epic random episode.

Years
Oh my goodness... every time I see an episode it becomes a favourite lol :)

If I had to narrow it down to one, it'd probably be The Legend of Thunder!, all three parts. Jimmy's my fave protagonist, I love his Typhlosion, there's a lot of humour (for me anyways haha) and it made me really warm to Raikou :)

Back