• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen New moves speculation!

Do you think this was a hint to a upcoming move in X & Y

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
New powerful AND accurate Physical Water, Fire, Electric and Ice moves are needed in my view (with good distribution).

New powerful AND accurate one-turn Special Grass, Ghost, Rock and Steel moves are also needed in my opinion.

Most importantly though, I'd like to see Fire and Ice versions of Stealth Rock - something like "Lava Rise" and "Deep Freeze" - that does damage on entry (with type-effective damage), or even burns/freezes on entry (although this might be too powerful). I think these would really mix up the metagame nicely, making Fire and Ice less useless defensively (although Rock types might still be favourable since they'd take half damage from Lava Rise...).

Perhaps Deep Freeze could cause the enemy to slip over on entry, causing more (and type-effective) damage the more the enemy weighs?

There could even be a Flying entry hazard - something like "Tornado" that would mess with the weight mechanics by picking everything up off the ground and tossing them about for damage. Flying-types (and possibly 'mons with Levitate) wouldn't take damage since they can control themselves in midair.

Thoughts?

Cool ideas, but like you said some of them do seem overpowered.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
New powerful AND accurate Physical Water, Fire, Electric and Ice moves are needed in my view (with good distribution).

New powerful AND accurate one-turn Special Grass, Ghost, Rock and Steel moves are also needed in my opinion.

Most importantly though, I'd like to see Fire and Ice versions of Stealth Rock - something like "Lava Rise" and "Deep Freeze" - that does damage on entry (with type-effective damage), or even burns/freezes on entry (although this might be too powerful). I think these would really mix up the metagame nicely, making Fire and Ice less useless defensively (although Rock types might still be favourable since they'd take half damage from Lava Rise...).

Perhaps Deep Freeze could cause the enemy to slip over on entry, causing more (and type-effective) damage the more the enemy weighs?

There could even be a Flying entry hazard - something like "Tornado" that would mess with the weight mechanics by picking everything up off the ground and tossing them about for damage. Flying-types (and possibly 'mons with Levitate) wouldn't take damage since they can control themselves in midair.

Thoughts?

Deep Freeze sounds like it could be good, although I think I'd call it something like Ice Rink or Ice Skate idk, because Deep Freeze to me just makes me think of Kyurem and not an entry hazard move.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
I think i got a move..
How about this?

Name - Bubble Blade
Type - Water
Power - 70
Accuracy - 100
PP - 15

Throws sharp bubbles like a blade. Has a high critical ratio..

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Sounds good! Except maybe like, wave blade sounds better as they can be sharper than bubbles? :x

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So we do actually have Parabolic Charge and Parting Shot confirmed. With these in mind, what else do you think we'll get (that seem to be suited to the new Pokemon?) Maybe something like a new type of Head Smash exclusive for Gogoat and previous Bulls?

Years
Possible New Move In X & Y?

I was recently playing Pokemon White 2 and found one of these trainers:
063.gif

Who said "a flood of attacks from three Pokemon..." *hits B button* "I know! 'Jetstream' attack! Let's call it that." I thought this might be a new move that would be debuted in X & Y.

What do you guys think?

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I think it may reference a new battle mechanic for double and triple battles with moves combining to form a new attack, like the pledge attacks did, but with maybe all attacks doing something like this... Maybe rotation battles will allow combos like that too somehow.

Guy

just a guy
Years
So we do actually have Parabolic Charge and Parting Shot confirmed. With these in mind, what else do you think we'll get (that seem to be suited to the new Pokemon?) Maybe something like a new type of Head Smash exclusive for Gogoat and previous Bulls?
If Parabolic Charge is the electrical equivalent to Absorb, then I can imagine there might be equally equivalent electric type moves to Mega Drain and Giga Drain.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
If Parabolic Charge is the electrical equivalent to Absorb, then I can imagine there might be equally equivalent electric type moves to Mega Drain and Giga Drain.
Not necessarily- Horn Leech, Drain Punch and Leech Life don't have any same-type variants.

blue

gucci
Years
That rumour about the Poison type move named Belch with a Base Power of 120 seems plausible, we haven't got a strong type Poison move and it sounds really fitting to its typing. I can imagine it being used by the likes of Weezing, Muk, Swalot etc.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
That rumour about the Poison type move named Belch with a Base Power of 120 seems plausible, we haven't got a strong type Poison move and it sounds really fitting to its typing. I can imagine it being used by the likes of Weezing, Muk, Swalot etc.

I definitely agree, but maybe holding a berry shouldn't be a requirement to use it, as it would limits its use quite a lot.

let's say maybe the move could have a base power of 120 when used with a berry, and after that it would drop to about a base power of 65? Would make it still usable in battle. And maybe it could have an added effect depending on the type of berry the Pokemon holds?
Would make for a lot of options

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I definitely agree, but maybe holding a berry shouldn't be a requirement to use it, as it would limits its use quite a lot.

let's say maybe the move could have a base power of 120 when used with a berry, and after that it would drop to about a base power of 65? Would make it still usable in battle. And maybe it could have an added effect depending on the type of berry the Pokemon holds?
Would make for a lot of options

I think it should be based at 60... If you eat a berry the turn before with the trainer using it, then it goes up to 90 and if you eat a held berry or through an attack that eats the opponent's berry, it goes up to 120... Lowered if the berry gives an additional effect.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years

I mean, we have Gunk Shot already that's 120 BP and 70 accuracy. I don't really think we'd need another one like that. I like the idea of having it affected by Berry usage though (both because it seems like a cool move concept, plus it means Berries would come back =P).

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Hey guess what?
I HAVE A TIME MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking about going back in time so I can join Gamefreak and make new moves and stuff.

For my first idea, I was thinking of an electric move that I could put into the game. Something like U-Turn? Anyway, it is a special electric move with 20PP and 70 base power. I have been trying to think of a name for ages, but I just couldn't think of any.

Suggestions anyone?

I have already thought of other moves too. I really like Mewtwo, so why why not give him a special move? It would probably be a psychic move, 100 base power, and I'm thinking of the possible side effects of this new move. Psystrike sounds like a cool name.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
This has probably been suggested, but some kind of physical Hidden Power.

Hidden Power, though not very strong, even maxed out, can be very fun to use in-game, and can be useful for type-coverage for Pokemon with limited movepools. However, any Pokemon that are primarily physical based are just out of luck.

Back