• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen New moves speculation!

Do you think this was a hint to a upcoming move in X & Y

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Uber, God no. XD; But higher, definitely, maybe even OU. But if it were to have 70% accuracy I'd just jump straight to 120 BP really, so it's even with the others.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Yeah buy it has the absorbing hp effect so if it were to be 120 in some ways it'll be better than Hydro Pump... also it'll be much better and more useful than Solarbeam which takes two turns and lacks a secondary effect.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmm good point. Maybe make it 120 to make it even with the others, and lower it to 60%??

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I don't like the 120 power and 60% accuracy, I think I would prefer 100 power and 80% or even 90% accuracy.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
90% would be suited I guess. Because it'd be like Earthquake but could also Absorb HP and any lower in accuracy would be unnecessary imo.

Years
If nothing else, I am begging Game Freak to give Flareon a Fire-type version of ExtremeSpeed. I'll do anything, just make Flareon not suck. Pretty please?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh ya, a high priority fire move would be fun. I would imagine it as a type of punch though so idk if mons like Flareon could have it. :x

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Fire-Type extreme speed would also be great on Emboar, he has high attack but low speed, perfect for priority! And of course, hooraaahhy! No more Scizor! :P

Also, it would make Emboar suck less. :|

Years
I see extreme speed as more of a high speed tackle move rather than a punch move...
Either way a physical fire tackle-based priority move would help Flareon and Emboar a lot!
Also how about a fire version of slash? They could give it to Flareon providing it a decent physical fire move plus the bonus of hitting a possible critical.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Fire Slash makes total sense. Fire totally needs better moves and now's the time for it imo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I can see Fiery Slash, but not really for Water/Grass. I mean grass isn't overly sharp and water is just... wet. XD; Sooo if anything we'd hopefully get like Fiery Slash. :3

Years
We already have a grass version actually, Leaf Blade.
I meant Ice, Electric, Fire, Water slashes.
However...how about making a grass punch called Wood Punch that may cause flinching?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh right Leaf Blade ahaha. Ice Slash would be awesome, so would Wood Punch! Don't think there'd be anything for electric, though...

Years
Well shadow claw is a Ghost version of Slash... I guess they could call them claws too if they want to :3

How about making a water version of Double edge? We've already got grass and fire versions of the move but lack water.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Not sure how water can really hit hard other than Waterfall. More Scald-like moves should appear tho imo.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
New powerful AND accurate Physical Water, Fire, Electric and Ice moves are needed in my view (with good distribution).

New powerful AND accurate one-turn Special Grass, Ghost, Rock and Steel moves are also needed in my opinion.

Most importantly though, I'd like to see Fire and Ice versions of Stealth Rock - something like "Lava Rise" and "Deep Freeze" - that does damage on entry (with type-effective damage), or even burns/freezes on entry (although this might be too powerful). I think these would really mix up the metagame nicely, making Fire and Ice less useless defensively (although Rock types might still be favourable since they'd take half damage from Lava Rise...).

Perhaps Deep Freeze could cause the enemy to slip over on entry, causing more (and type-effective) damage the more the enemy weighs?

There could even be a Flying entry hazard - something like "Tornado" that would mess with the weight mechanics by picking everything up off the ground and tossing them about for damage. Flying-types (and possibly 'mons with Levitate) wouldn't take damage since they can control themselves in midair.

Thoughts?

Back