• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Hmm... I tried to open the trainer plugin w/NSE and it said it's not compatible with AXVE (Ruby). Is this because the plugins NSE comes with are only for FR/LG?

Never used NSE before, I'm just trying out what you said to do (with the Ruby ROM and trainer backsprite).

Yeah, didn't know you weren't on Fire Red...

You'll have to use Tile Molester instead....

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2011
For Ruby which program should I use to change the intro text ?
I mean like where the professor is stating "you are about to enter a world..."
and giving his pre game "speech"

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
For Ruby which program should I use to change the intro text ?
I mean like where the professor is stating "you are about to enter a world..."
and giving his pre game "speech"

Advance Text...
You can use Google to get/download it.
(somehow, Microsoft blocked wahackpokemon.com...)

what is the offset/number on unlz-gba for the battle (back) of the boy and girl main character?

What game are you using/hacking?

Hey, I'm a total noooob to hacking ROMS. I was wondering: how do you change your old tileset (e.g. Pokemon Emerald) into a new tileset (e.g. Pokemon HeartGold) in Advance Map? I would prefer a simple explanation if possible. Thanks! :t183:

There's a tutorial on how to do so.
Check the tutorials section.

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2011
I have a question regarding Pokemon Black/White.
How would I go about changing the default Pokemon names? As in, if you battle the Pokemon in the wild, it will have the same name that you chose.

-Cygnus-

It's an odyssey
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2015
Yeah, didn't know you weren't on Fire Red...

You'll have to use Tile Molester instead....

Alright I tried this mother out on FR with NSE. First I got the backsprite of Meowth, copied the image and palette offset and replaced the hero backsprite I&P offset with Meowth's. When I loaded the ROM, the hero backsprite had not changed, and when I opened NSE again to look at the hero backsprite, it displayed a mess of pixels.

Could this be because I edited the Hero B.S. through the bookmarks on NSE? Because I couldn't find it anywhere else in the ROM...

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Alright I tried this mother out on FR with NSE. First I got the backsprite of Meowth, copied the image and palette offset and replaced the hero backsprite I&P offset with Meowth's. When I loaded the ROM, the hero backsprite had not changed, and when I opened NSE again to look at the hero backsprite, it displayed a mess of pixels.

Could this be because I edited the Hero B.S. through the bookmarks on NSE? Because I couldn't find it anywhere else in the ROM...

Well, first of all you've gotta understand the hero backpsrite is a series of pictures, not just one static image.

It's also the wrong width/height, the hero Backsprites are pretty large compared to a pokemon sprite..

Finally, chances are you didn't overwrite the correct pointer, there are numerous problems that may have occurred.
Try asking in the NSE thread, or maybe someone with a more direct answer can help you here, I myself have been up for over 37 hours, I'm sleepy but I can't sleep cause I'm an insomniac.

Sorry I can't do more.

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
Im using Fire red :)
Also another Q or others, what is the offset/number in unlz-gba for nidoran in the Professor Oak intro? (once again fire red)
Well if you download a program called NSE; that already has the offsets for the back battle sprite of the boy and girl in the bookmarks. And Oak is really easy to find in unLZ if you just set it to black and white and go through the numbers (and ocassionally changing it to 256 colour mode if it's just loads of random squares).

Forever Alone

Back into rom hacking 8 years later!
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I have tried to add a sprite into my rom but it does not work!!
I saw this video on youtube on how to do them these are the steps i done everything right.
1. Changed the background of my sprite to a color that is not on there, made sure it was 64x64 size and saved it as png.
2. Edited the image on irfan view by decreasing the image depth to 16 and on the edit palette i changed the background color to the left most palette square color and changed the left hand square color to the background color. Saved as new
3. Searched for free space with hex memorised the offset.
4. Using paint i copied the old sprite onto the indexed one
5. On UNLZ i found the sprite i wanted to changed then i imported the indexed sprite. I then clicked write to rom and typed the offset i memorized into the export image box then ok. I unclicked the export image then clicked export palette.

I done all of this correctly but a message said image not indexed D:
I then done all of this again but i didnt do number 4 it worked but there is a black background behind the sprite :'(
If you could help me out people that would be superb oh and btw im using windows 7 if that helps

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I saw this video on youtube on how to do them these are the steps i done everything right.
1. Changed the background of my sprite to a color that is not on there, made sure it was 64x64 size and saved it as png.
2. Edited the image on irfan view by decreasing the image depth to 16 and on the edit palette i changed the background color to the left most palette square color and changed the left hand square color to the background color. Saved as new
5. On UNLZ i found the sprite i wanted to changed then i imported the indexed sprite. I then clicked write to rom and typed the offset i memorized into the export image box then ok. I unclicked the export image then clicked export palette.

I then done all of this again but i didnt do number 4 it worked but there is a black background behind the sprite :'(
If you could help me out people that would be superb oh and btw im using windows 7 if that helps

Open your newly indexed sprite with paint, as well as your unindexed sprite.
Select All + Copy your unindexed sprit and then paste it on your indexed sprite.
After that, save (not save as...) your indexed sprite. If it will ask you to overwrite the existing file, click Yes.

To double-check, open your indexed sprite with IrfanView once again and see if it still has 16 palletes.

By the way, your free space offset should end with '0'... Like AE8900

marcc5m

what
Years

Try using Wichu's h*ttp://w*ww.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196143 (remove the asterisks until I have 15 posts) Advance Sprite Editor. You can insert easy that way, without having to index or manually repoint.

Ok, I have run into an annoying glitch in my hack. When I use the max repel, it only lasts for about ten steps and then wears off. Anyone have any idea to how to fix this? It is seriously going to get really annoying >_<

hackerofdarkness

I have return
Years

First get the older version of paint since window seven paint ruined transparency

Make sure in irfanview that you decreased the colors to 16
then pallet edit pallet change the first color only make sure to save it as something else save it then open both up in ms paint copy the first image that isn't indexed then open up the one which is indexed then copy the first image onto the second one (you know the indexed one) then paste then I believe you are done

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Ok, I have run into an annoying glitch in my hack. When I use the max repel, it only lasts for about ten steps and then wears off. Anyone have any idea to how to fix this? It is seriously going to get really annoying >_<

I have no idea about item structure, so you should probably use thethethethe's item editor to edit the strength of the Max Repel. Change the second special value to 250 and it should be fine. If not, I don't know what to tell you :<

Forever Alone

Back into rom hacking 8 years later!
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Open your newly indexed sprite with paint, as well as your unindexed sprite.
Select All + Copy your unindexed sprit and then paste it on your indexed sprite.
After that, save (not save as...) your indexed sprite. If it will ask you to overwrite the existing file, click Yes.

To double-check, open your indexed sprite with IrfanView once again and see if it still has 16 palletes.

By the way, your free space offset should end with '0'... Like AE8900

Still doesnt work i went back into irfanview and checked the colour depth and it wasn't 16. so i changed it back and i could import it and stuff but the gengar appears with the green background i had and all the colour black was green too :'(

First get the older version of paint since window seven paint ruined transparency

Make sure in irfanview that you decreased the colors to 16
then pallet edit pallet change the first color only make sure to save it as something else save it then open both up in ms paint copy the first image that isn't indexed then open up the one which is indexed then copy the first image onto the second one (you know the indexed one) then paste then I believe you are done

I cannot find a download for the paint for windows xp unless i use my colleges computer

Last edited:

1st Gen FTW

We only need 151.
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2011
So, is it possible to make more battle themes into Fire Red? Like, make it so I can battle a trainer with one music theme, a rival with one music theme, an event trainer with one music theme, a Gym Leader with one music theme and a Champion with one music theme?

In other words, instead of having four different battle themes have like, six or seven that play on one kind of trainer each (besides for Gym Leader, that one works on Gym Leader and Elite Four).

I've asked this question twice before and have only gotten a response that didn't answer my question, which was my fault because I hadn't done a good job writing a question that people can understand.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
So, is it possible to make more battle themes into Fire Red? Like, make it so I can battle a trainer with one music theme, a rival with one music theme, an event trainer with one music theme, a Gym Leader with one music theme and a Champion with one music theme?

In other words, instead of having four different battle themes have like, six or seven that play on one kind of trainer each (besides for Gym Leader, that one works on Gym Leader and Elite Four).

I've asked this question twice before and have only gotten a response that didn't answer my question, which was my fault because I hadn't done a good job writing a question that people can understand.

This tutorial should help However, there are a few problems with this method (mainly when you lose a battle), but generally it works quite well. :3
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=157294

Icalasari

The Icy Basilisk
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
I've been trying to use YAPE, but the Help File will either:

A) Not be able to find the help files if in a spot other than Documents
or
B) Will load the help files... But not the tabs if in Documents

So, anybody have a .txt version of YAPE's help?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Anything on converting a GameBoy's GBS file to MIDI? Or am I screwed on redoing Pokemon Diamond's soundtrack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back