• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

X24's New Pok?mon Game Creation

x24

Researcher-Sprite Thieves, DIE
Years
My game still needs a name so after reading my summarized plot any suggestions would rock

I'll be using blizzy's awesome starter kit version 2 (I dont need anything from the future version, except for the status screen but I'll probably customize it)
-----story-----
You're approximatly 14-15 years old and your excited about a brand new Pok?mon amusement park/zoo/preservation/research area that has just opened in your region. The game starts off with an ordinary gender choosing and name input and your put in the most obnoxious place in human existance, the line to get in on an opening day, you get stuck behind a snotty little brat whos acouple years younger than you and has already recieved his first pok?mon, and you havent. The young kid rbus it in over and over again until u just cant take it and dash inside where your luckily not seen that you cut in line. You pay the undisclosed amount of money and get inside where your awed by the display of attractions etc. MrMimes performing on the streets. Trainers carrying thier smaller Pok?mon around. Stadiums, Marts, Centers, Rollercoasters in the shape of Pidgeot and Skarmory, Log Rides on a carved Lapras and more. A man approches you and convinces you to check out his Shop which features clothes and gear (this will allow small visual changes to your character, mostly colours and maybe some sort of headwear). After you leave the store, you hear a lot of yelling and other noises and you move upward to see dozens of Team Rocket members robbing people of thier Pok?mon and other posessions. All of a sudden as a rocket is coming after you, a man jumps out in front of you and tells them to stop what they're doing. A rocket sends out a Kabutops and before the man has a chance to respond, it slashes him and he falls to the ground. He looks up at you says 'Don't let them take him' and he tosses you a Pok?ball with neat designs all over it.. Shortly after and Officer Jenny appears behind you and sends out an Abra that quickly uses Teleport on you and you appear amounst alot of hurt people around you. He waited to see if the man who had saved him would appear next but he didn't. Anger fills you inside as you see people crying around you and hurt because you know you cant do anything about it or can you, what was in this Pok?ball that the man needed to remain safe..
-----------

Thats my Teaser.. I'm gonna stop there because I havent decided whats going to be in the ball yet.. It'll probably be new with a large amount of possible moves..

The game is not going to be like other Pok?mon games.. You will not catch any other Pok?mon, you will however be able to 'summon' (im only using that word cause its easily comparible) them as an item after you rescue them. Your Pok?mon will not level up.. but it will evolves by other means and there will be TMs and Move Tutors..

My goal is to have 'missions' where you go to retrieve a paticular one that was stolen in one of the many areas of the park and their escape tunnels.. In all I'm planning on having Approximately 700 Missions making this one of the longest Pok?mon mini-games ever.. I know that sounds like alot but I'm making quests to reacquire about 350 of the originals plus 4th gens (because I'll probably be still working on it then) plus about 200 of my own plus some other notible trainer's Pok?mon (including your rival's, who you meet up with again later).. I'll also be holding a contest later for anyone else you wants to see their Pok?mon in a side quest I'll be making aswell..

I've got a default character design/drawing finished for a male trainer
I've got the battle/trainer card sprite done for your rival/annoying kid

People who recognize me from other forums already know of many of my creations but I shut my own forum down due to lack of activity, ive had a successful request threads in Serebii, and I used to be at Zeo everyday, but because life is getting busier I'm going to stay at this forum to do my work/hobbies because it seems people's gaming projects get alot of support here.

I was playing around with XP yesterday and I took a couple screens, so no one will lock this, but not alot is done.. they're in my signature untill I have enough posts to add links to other sites..

1st one-This is where you start. Wally will not be used, its just part of the default, other trainers will be here later also.. I'm working on a sprite for a sign for over the door

2nd one-I had a glitch on this window.. I was messing around with the scripts a bit for the resolution and for some reason when i enter this room the character is no longer centered.. the room is centered on the design screen with lots of room on all sides but it starts on one side of the room.. if no one knows why this is, ill just copy and paste the old scripts of top of the ones i edited.. but id like to know why it screwed up for future reference

I hope to have a beta with at least the opening and maybe one mission by the 20th (my bday ^_^) so enjoy and please help me, ill probably have a few questions by the time im done ;)

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
hmm summoning pokemon

kinda like my Pokemon Illusion game

but in my one they are skills not items

Nice storyline!

keep it up!!

tdata

Pokemon GX
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
I find that to correct that you need 5+ blank tiles between the edge and the actual map,

x24

Years
Thanks tdata, I'll give that a try..

ArchAngel: Yes using RPGMaker XP, I said in almost the first line that I was using Blizzy's starterkit

DarkDoom3000 said:
hmm summoning pokemon

Theres been alittle bit of misunderstanding. Summoning is the only way I could think of to describe what I'm doing basically every Pok?mon rescued from team rocket will become and item/pok?ball in your inventory. Each Pok?ball may only be used once during a battle so if you something rare like salamance, it wont be cheap.. but the major downfall, is that to buy many of the healing items, hold items, etc that will be required depending on how you raise your one Pok?mon will require money and you recieve that as a reward for bring the certain pok?mon back safely and leaving it with the owner of the park.

x24

Years
Tdata: Thanks alot, its works alot better now..

Acouple updates (I'm at my school working on a project right now or I'd post pics)..
Have an idea for the female design..
Main map is about 60% done.. submaps and indoors havent started yet tho and its gonna take a while..
Did some writing last night and I've finished the writeup for the first 22 Quests and Ive also decided to shorten the amount down to about 100, but about 4-7 Pok?mon are findable in each quest.. some are hiding and others have been stolen and need to be retrieved.. there will be probably 10-20 secret/optional quests.. I was also thinking of a way to better describe the quests last night and I came to the realization that they are kinda like Mario64s..

I've also decided I'm going to make about a dozen new rocket members (donations would be sweet) so it doesnt look like your battling the same person over and over again but that wont be in the beta release because its probably only going to have one rocket member at the time. I'll just summarize the beta quick so I can get back to work..

--Beta Info--
*Both male and female charsets complete
*2 Full maps completed and a few mini maps (Pokecenter, mart, etc)
*1 Quest with a total of 3 Pok?mon to find in it (probably be very easy to find since its the first set)
*1 Boss battle and then the demo will end.
*Hope to be released this weekend ;)
-------------

Still thinking of a name but should come to a conclusion by the time its posted. Will add some more screenies tonight..

Back