• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Broken Beacon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Name: Alex
Appearance: I hate describing...

Well, first things first, long dark hair, shoulder length. A beard and moustache as well, also dark (brown, preferably). He is quite tall, and wears explorer gear, similar to the Hikers as well as Bugsy. Also has a medal attached to his left hand part of his chest, and he wears one of thos etypical cowboy hats.

Pick one of four: Gluttony
Pokémon: Bug time:

Scizor (or Scyther, I do not mind, as it is your hack)
Heracross
Yanma
Venomoth (or... Yeah, prevo)
Ninjask

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Eh, forget the last one. This is a new and better one
Name: Rex
Appearance: Black hair, brown jacket, black eyes, blue jeans, and black boots.
Pick one of four: Envy
Pokémon:
Rock-steel:
Steelix
Aerodactyl
Skarmory
Armaldo
Aggron (his Powerhouse)

if two types are not OK, then use this instead:

Rock
Magcargo
Shuckle
Solrock
Armaldo
Aerodactyl (Powerhouse)

aquadan

is searching for members
Years
Name: Aquadan
Appearance: a surfer with wild green blond hair, blue board shots with a yellow strip down the side and a physic in the half way point between lt. surge and a swimmer im no wimpy lil loser with a teatacool >_<
Pick one of four: Lust
Pokémon: (in order of strength)
Qwilfish
Wailord
Omastar
Wartortle
Starmie

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
~UPDATE~

First off, some more screenshots:

Spoiler:

So far we've received an overwhelming response to the contest. We can't wait to see what other entries we will receive. Here is a list of of people who are definitely in the running:

• H2O Turquoise
  • Spherical Ice
  • Spinosaurus
  • Vanitas~
  • pokejungle
  • Samme!
  • I'm Not Your Hero

Everyone else, you're still eligible. You can still edit your entry and improve it. I'm especially concerned with your ability to describe their appearance. Look at the art for the first two Gym Leaders. They need to be wearing outfits similar to that. No surfers. No tuxedos. Their outfits need to similar to those you would find in a fantasy RPG. Also, some of your teams are rather unimaginative. To give you some help, here is a preliminary list of the Pokemon set to be available in the game:

HUGE LIST INSIDE
Spoiler:

Basically, you need to edit your teams to include only Pokemon found within this list. Those that don't will be disqualified.

I'd also like to welcome Chibi Robo and →goon to the team.

Chibi will be making all of the custom tiles and some sprites we need. Here are the first two tiles he's made for us so far :D

Spoiler:

And →goon will be mapping for us.

Until next time y'all~

Last edited:
Years
Here is my entry. I love love love this hack, and even though I dont play hacks, this one may just make me start :3
I have supported you in my banner BTW!

Name: Patrick
Appearance/Personality: Patrick is a skinny, young man. His parents are long gone, and have left him with loads of money, which is why he always wears gold. He has long, shaggy hair, due to him being to lazy, and nto cutting it. It is brown, like his eyes. He had a pointed face, and is alwayss very palel, like a vampires (though he is not one XD). He lives in his church, but never attends the ceremonies, becasue he never leaves his room. It is huge, taking up half the church. He lives on his couch, always eating, watching TV. If he ever needs something, he asks his Bug Pokemon to do it for him. They are obediant to him, and like him, but only because he buys them what ever they want. He always wears his golden robe, and golden rings. If one saw him they would believe he is Jesus Christ, especially since they are in a church, though no one barely ever sees him. He loves to wear gold things, which is why he is marked with gold tatoos all over his body. they are random swirls, though the are beautiful. Patrick is very tall.
Pick one of four: Sloth
Pokémon: Bug-types

Forretress.png
Heracross.gif
Butterfree.gif
Beedrill.png
212_Sprite_HgSs_Cropped.png

Forretress ~ Heracross ~ Butterfree ~ Beedrill ~ Scizor

Last edited:

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
I don't get it. I had created a Fire team (before seeing that you didn't want Fire types) and most of that team is on the list.

So I went back and made a Fighting team, and there's only 5 Fighting types, with only 3 evolution families. How can someone make a team from that?

And I thought I described my character pretty well too. :(

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
I don't get it. I had created a Fire team (before seeing that you didn't want Fire types) and most of that team is on the list.

So I went back and made a Fighting team, and there's only 5 Fighting types, with only 3 evolution families. How can someone make a team from that?

And I thought I described my character pretty well too. :(

There's a Fire-type Gym Leader hence why there can't be a Fire-type Elite Four member. And I apologize for neglecting the Fighting-types. I added the Primeape & Breloom family to the list to amend that.

Lady GaGa, I like your character but the appearance needs to be more thorough (and what's the fifth Pokemon?).

If anybody wants help with their character, just VM me and I'll be willing to :)

Last edited:

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
Ok...after seeing that Fire Types aren't a choice...here we go again.

Name: Ryan
Appearance: If I was able to sprite, (I fail miserably) I would just make it. But here is the best I can come up with, description-wise.

Slightly taller than average, around 5'10". Average build.
Black hair long enough to reach eyes, but not cover them.
Hazel eyes.
Plain Black trench coat (open) Dark red T-shirt underneath.
Black pants.
Black boots

Pokémon: Fighting

Primeape
Heracross
Hariyama
Breloom
Medicham

EDIT: Fixed up my entry. Hopefully this one is better.

Years
Okay, so I added some stuff to the post (this is fun x3).

I added that Patrick was very tall, and I changed his Armaldo into a Heracross!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
This is a real nice hack you have hear! But it has one great flaw... The pokemon touch, although it is a pokemon hack and has pokemon, move tutors etc The just doesnt have the pokemon touch, the story seem great but a bit too much for a childs mind (i know your not making this hack for children but thats who the pokemon games are for) All this about murder (i know you just said kill) pokemon games at ared 3 or somthing arnt they? The gym leaders names? Matthew? Jeffery? Raymond? Look at all the other gym leaders names like erika, brock, misty, roark and gardienia....
But everything else seems great! This hack seems realy thought out...!
Sorry if i have rubbish grammer.... =P

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
There is no murder in my hack...

And the names are based on my friends on whom the Gym Leaders are based on.

The story's not that dark in compared to Pokemon. Crazed man seeks to use Legendary Pokemon to fulfill his desires. Pretty much the same as all of the other games.

Thanks for your post though.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Nice work Luke! I might send you character entry later on when I can think properly.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
I'm changing my entry completely. I guess my sprite didn't cut it, since it's supposed to look like a fantasy RPG character.

Name: Russell

Description: Though shorter than average, he's talented and almost a genius. He almost never smiles, and he takes battling seriously. A quiet person, he only talks when he needs to, and his words are always wise.

He sports long, curly, dark grey hair and brown eyes. He wears a tattered, short, white robe with a hood and a yin-yang design, and his pants are ragged, red and black.

Russell's good luck charm is a golden necklace with a beautiful, shining, green gem on it, which he brings with him everywhere he goes. He says that it's magic.

Type: Steel

Pokémon: Metagross, Mawile, Skarmory, Forretress, Magneton

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
Name: Harold
Appearance: Harold is about 5'10", which makes him seem rather intimidating.. until you meet him personally. He is also quite husky. with a medium sized beer belly which hangs out a little due to his inability to actually care. He is rarely finicky when it comes to his appearance, which leads him to either looking like a bear, or halfway respectable; usually depending on the situation. Since Harold rarely leaves his house (unless the other members of the Elite force him out for a new challenger that is) he can be found in slippers, a plaid bathrobe, and comfortable looking pants with a few coffee stains on it. He has tired looking hazel eyes, and and brown hair turning white, whether it be on his face or head. He is also quite hairy elsewhere. Even though he generally doesn't care about anything other than his favorite TV show, he loves his pokemon although he doesn't have much confidence in them.
Pick one of four: Sloth/Gluttony... Not sure.. Could be either.
Pokémon: Water

-Vaporeon
-Crawdaunt
-Walrein
-Quagsire
-Slowking

Okay, so I decided to change my type to Water~

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Name: Vex

Appearance: Wild grey hairstyle, standing straight up. Judging olive green eyes and sharp 'angry looking' eyebrows. His skin is a light bronze colour. His ears are slightly too big for his head, he has a small button nose, his mouth curls downwards at the corners, and wrinkles line his face. His face is a round-ish shape. He wears a brown monk's robe which has a large round collar and the sleeves get wider at the ends. He keeps his arms crossed and his hands are hidden beneath the robe at almost all times. His shoes are a pair of wooden sandles, but they're hidden by the length of his robe. Also... he's rather short. (I'll let you decide how short exactly xD)

Pick one of four: Sloth

Pokémon:
(in order of strength)
Ani127MS.png
Pinsir
Ani012MS.png
Butterfree
Ani205MS.png
Forretress
Ani049MS.png
Venomoth
Ani348MS.png
Armaldo

Changed the line-up to fit with your list of Pokemon.

Also, is there anything in the appearance that you'd like me to fix, or elaborate on?

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
No your's is perfect. Don't worry about it :D

MYSTERY TRAINER APPEARS

luke_sprite_lol.gif

(Sprite by Chibi Robo)

Who is she?
Well that's a secret... for now. All I'll tell you is that she doesn't have anything directly related to the story but she will provide the player a major test at some point in their journey. She's not alone but her partner won't be revealed. Let's just say she's no Cinderella.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Name: Kyle
Appearance: Dark clothing; skinny jeans; emo-ish, black, long hair; skinny; about 5'9"
Pokémon: Ice
  • Dewgong - Ice Beam, Blizzad, Hail, Surf
  • Piloswine - Earthquake, Icy Wind, Amnesia, Take Down
  • Glalie - Crunch, Protect, Ice Beam, Toxic
  • Walrein - Ice Ball, Rest, Body Slam, Water Pulse
  • Lapras - Confuse Ray, Ice Beam, Body Slam, Thunder Bolt

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Name: Sean ;)