• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my league team

Vsjester13

Former battler
Years
I know that i made a RMT already but this one is for a different team aka my Gym team for the B/W league so heres my team.

Heracross.
Moveset.
Megahorn,
Close combat,
Stone edge,
Facade,
item:toxic orb.
EVs:252 in Attack and Speed.
Ability: Guts.

Swampert.
Moveset.
Earthquake,
Stone edge,
Waterfall,
Ice beam,
Item: None.
EVs: working on it's Defence and Sp.def
Ability: Torrent.

Blastoise.
Moveset.
Rapid Spin,
Toxic,
Scald,
Foresight,
Item: Leftovers.
EVs: Going to work on HP and Defence.
Ability: Torrent

Gyarados.
Moveset.
Ice Fang,
Rain Dance,
Dragon Tail,
Hydro Pump,
EVs: None Yet.
Ability: Intimidate.

Kabutops.
Moveset.
Swords Dance,
Waterfall,
Stone edge,
Brick Break,
Item: Air Balloon.
EVs: 252 in Attack and speed.
Ability: Swift Swim.

Infernape.
Moveset.
Swords Dance,
Fire Punch,
Close Combat,
Mach Punch,
EVs: 252 in Attack and Speed.
Ability: Blaze.

So yeah any help would be nice.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
This is an in-game team, isn't it? What are your Pokemon's natures?

Anyway, don't put all of Swampert's EVs into its defenses without investing in HP first. If it's Relaxed, use the EV spread of 240 HP/216 Def/52 SDef. If it's Brave (since it's using a special move), the EV spread should be 240 HP/252 Atk/16 Spe.

Never, ever, ever, ever use special moves on Gyarados; its Special Attack is terrible. Use Waterfall over Hydro Pump. Dragon Tail is better suited for a RestTalk set; use EQ instead. You can also use Stone Edge over Ice Fang for more power at the cost of some accuracy. You can consider Dragon Dance over Rain Dance to buff up its Speed in addition to its Attack.

You have too many Water Pokemon here. If I recall, Caitlin's Reuniclus knows Energy Ball and Thunder to inflict severe damage on your team, in addition to STAB Psychic to hurt Infernape and Heracross a lot. For those, I'd like for you to look for Ghost and Dark Pokemon to use in place of Blastoise and Kabutops. Ideal Pokemon to use include, but not limited to, Scrafty and Chandelure. I'll let you figure out which sets for them to use.

While Infernape's STABs have good coverage, it's walled by Shauntal's Jellicent and Chandelure at the moment. You'll have to use Stone Edge in place of Mach Punch to deal with both. Use Flare Blitz over Fire Punch because it's stronger, even though the recoil stings.

Leafgreen2itsmyidea

Pokémon Master
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2013
quite good

indeed it's good but don't use to much of the same type use difference in types and move type's but you will win with ease
sorry for spelling mistakes i'm dutch

Vsjester13

Former battler
Years
This is an in-game team, isn't it? What are your Pokemon's natures?

Anyway, don't put all of Swampert's EVs into its defenses without investing in HP first. If it's Relaxed, use the EV spread of 240 HP/216 Def/52 SDef. If it's Brave (since it's using a special move), the EV spread should be 240 HP/252 Atk/16 Spe.

Never, ever, ever, ever use special moves on Gyarados; its Special Attack is terrible. Use Waterfall over Hydro Pump. Dragon Tail is better suited for a RestTalk set; use EQ instead. You can also use Stone Edge over Ice Fang for more power at the cost of some accuracy. You can consider Dragon Dance over Rain Dance to buff up its Speed in addition to its Attack.

You have too many Water Pokemon here. If I recall, Caitlin's Reuniclus knows Energy Ball and Thunder to inflict severe damage on your team, in addition to STAB Psychic to hurt Infernape and Heracross a lot. For those, I'd like for you to look for Ghost and Dark Pokemon to use in place of Blastoise and Kabutops. Ideal Pokemon to use include, but not limited to, Scrafty and Chandelure. I'll let you figure out which sets for them to use.

While Infernape's STABs have good coverage, it's walled by Shauntal's Jellicent and Chandelure at the moment. You'll have to use Stone Edge in place of Mach Punch to deal with both. Use Flare Blitz over Fire Punch because it's stronger, even though the recoil stings.

This isn't an in-game team it's for this http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=278042 which is a wi-fi league sorry about the confusion.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
My bad then. xD

Time for a redo:

What are your Pokemon's natures?

For Swampert, use the above set I posted earlier.

Like I said for Gyarados, don't use Special moves on it because its Special Attack is terrible. Use this Dragon Dance set:
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake/Bounce
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Most of your Pokemon are Water, and that creates a bunch of weaknesses for your opponent to exploit. I'd replace both Blastoise and Kabutops with Ferrothorn and a Dragon like Hydreigon or a Lati twin to cover their weak points:

Ferrothorn:
-Stealth Rock/Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip/Protect
-Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
Item: Leftovers

For the Dragon, you can choose between Dragonite, Salamence, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Latias or Latios. Whichever one you choose is up to you. I'd suggest looking at their Smogon articles for possible sets.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If you decide to keep Blastoise, you should use it for another purpose than what it is currently used for. You don't really need three water attacks on it, and instead you should use it as a supporting Pokemon, rather than an all-out attacker if it's unnecessarily mixed.

Blatoise@Leftovers
Torrent
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic
- Foresight

Since some members of your team are weak to SR, spinning could be of use to get rid of it. Scald is to possibly burn any physical attackers and get some damage down, Toxic is for spreading status while foresight allows you to possibly hit ghosts. The other two spots were for possible phazing but considering there are no current SR users as it is then phazing isn't necessary.

Vsjester13

Former battler
Years
If you decide to keep Blastoise, you should use it for another purpose than what it is currently used for. You don't really need three water attacks on it, and instead you should use it as a supporting Pokemon, rather than an all-out attacker if it's unnecessarily mixed.

Blatoise@Leftovers
Torrent
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic
- Foresight

Since some members of your team are weak to SR, spinning could be of use to get rid of it. Scald is to possibly burn any physical attackers and get some damage down, Toxic is for spreading status while foresight allows you to possibly hit ghosts. The other two spots were for possible phazing but considering there are no current SR users as it is then phazing isn't necessary.

That looks like a really good set thanks for suggesting it.

Back