• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Horizon

Years
Team name
Team Horizon

Introduction
I am bitbybyte and I would like to say that welcome to the Team! If you are here you are possibly considering the possibility of joining my team. This team is created in order to make a series of Pokemon hacks to look on to and be proud of. :D

The first hack I will be working on would be Pokemon Dark Horizon. I have been working on it as a private project for a while now adding stuff here and there. Although, I need assistance because one person cannot do this alone! :D

Application form
If you guys are interested, well, here's the application form!
Skill(s): So I could see if your skills will be needed.

Proof of Work: Redirect me to a previous hack you have worked on or something respective to that. If it's a script please post a script, if it's mapping then put a pic related to mapping.

Past Experience: Show me your experience with the content.

Contact Information: Tell me how to contact you so we could collaborate.

Time Zone: Tell me your Time Zone that you live in so we could figure out what schedule we'll be working on!

Current team members
bitbybyte - Leader, Mapper, and Basic Scripter
Insignificant Candlewax - Storyline Development Helper
Allen - Scripter, Title Screen Changer, Pallete Editing
Herpahermaderp - Scripting
SammieLily2 - Proof Reader, Spriter, and Storyline Developer
Pikachuie - Dev. Tester

-NEEDED-

(Anything in, RED is not taken, anything in BLUE is taken,)
(I want more than one person in each area so we could have backups in case one person goes missing)

ASM Hacker

A VERY GOOD Scripter
Mapper
Alpha/Beta Testers
Title Screen Changer
Storyline Development Helper
Spriters! (Trainer back spriters and Overworld Spriters! We only have 1 so please join!)
Palette Editor

Current Projects
Pokemon Dark Horizon - [A HACK OF FIRE RED]
Takes place in a region far to the east called Elton, where there is a boy (Hero) or girl (Heroine), who lives with only his/her mother and who dreams of participating in the PWFT [Pokemon World Frontier Tournament]. Like his father the boy/girl wants to become the Arena King and dominate the Lower Dominion called "The Underground". A series of tunnels and rooms that lead to its Master called "The Underground Duelist, Yami". Yami, is the most powerful trainer in Elton nobody is known to defeat him. Except one person.... your father. You want to become Arena King, defeat Yami and finally your Father. To do this the Boy or Girl must collect the 8 Arena Badges. [Kind of like the Frontier Badges but it replaces the Gym]. Once with that, the winner will become the Arena King. After that he will "dominate" the Underground and become the most powerful trainer in all of Elton. That is the goal.

FEATURES:

(Anything in blue are the notes of that feature explaining a bit more in-depth.)
Day/Night System: I actually tried this and it didn't work so I'll need some help with this. Also, for time exclusive events.

Seasons: I wanted to add this to add more originality to my hack and to add some season exclusive events. (Due to change)

Phone: To ask for rematches, and more. I want it to kind of be like the Pokegear.

New Region

More and New Pokemon: We all love those! :D

Costume's: [WILL NEED ASM HACKING, IT IS POSSIBLE] I was playing ACIII and loved how you could change costume so I would love to be able to add costumes you could change into!

Choices: The choices will determine how the game runs out. There won't be too many but the answers you choose, will change whether your friends with that person and if that person will help you.

& More that I know there are but can't think of at the moment. I'll be sure to add once I think of it. Some of these are subject to change because of ROM space or if it can actually be possible but many of these are! :D

Thanks for reading my excessively long thread! XD
It means a lot!

Last edited:

dudebot

Glowing Yellow
Years
It's not that the idea sucked.

It's more or so that you didn't exactly explain what the idea was. ^_^"

People want to know what they're working on, after all. Add a story summary (or rather, expand the short one that you already have) and a list of things you want to include in the game and then check back in a little while.

sCr45h

The Littleroot Champ
Years
Is nobody going to reply to this thread? Man, this idea sucked, I shouldn't have posted it up in the first place.

Like dudebot told me when I thought the thread had a slow start: Patience!!!
Look at it this way, my hack has been up for 3 weeks and I only have half of the team members I need. And thats actually considered a kickstart!!

Remember that "team discussions" forum doesnt get many visitors either. The most I've seen online at a time is 6 people and 4 of them were guests so they cant reply to a thread.

Years
Hey, thanks guys! I'm known for rushing into things... haha! :D
I'll take it slow, your right! Thanks!

I changed it up by a lot! Hopefully it goes in-depth! :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2014
Let me add this, too.
EVEN IF A POSITION IS FILLED, FEEL FREE TO JOIN, ROM HACKING IS NIGH ON IMPOSSIBLE ALONE, THUS HAVING 2 OR 3 OF SOME ROLES WILL MAKE THIS A LOT EASIER.

Not like people were fighting for roles, but just in case this fantasy becomes a reality.

SammieLily2

Writer Extraordinare
Years
Well, um, hey there! This looks interesting, and I'd love to help out!

Skill(s): Spriter, possibly Storyline. (I'm actually thinking of majoring in Creative Writing, if that is relevant for whatever reason. I can also proofread and edit in-game text so we can catch any mistakes.)

Proof of Work: Well, I have an art shop on another site where some of my work already is. Other than that I can post pictures in this post of any other side-work that I've done. (I won't link the thread here as I can't remember the rules to linking other sites. Better to be safe than not.)

Past Experience: I haven't actually worked on a Pokemon Hack before, but I can send you the speech I'm working on for Speech this year to show any plotline ideas; I also have an RP somewhere that can cover that as well. I've been writing and spriting for quite a long time, and I hope my sprites and stories can portray that to you.

Contact Information: If you want me to PM you with any(more) of the information above, I can give you my Skype as well. Best way to keep in touch with me.

Time Zone: CST (Midwestern United States, Chicago). -6 GMT.

And I think that's everything! Hope to help in the future~
~Sammie

Years
Your accepted Sammie! I got your message and your sprites are amazing. I have gotten enough proof from your PM. Also, it doesn't matter if you didn't work on a hack before your skills are amazing!

SammieLily2 is accepted.

Pikachuie

Go Seahawks!
Years
Proof of Work: I did a banner and tester but really nothing of it (The rom hack is pretty much gone nothing of it )

Past Experience: Did Banner and tester over a year ago but I still do banners,wallpaper and testing.
Contact Information: Email:[email protected] Skype:Pikachuie
Time Zone: PST

Back