• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Eclipse Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020

Pokémon Eclipse Version - a hack of Fire Red

Story

You're a young boy/girl living in Lapis Village, where your parents own a Mareep farm. Oak has visited your village and gifted Pokémon to a few people, including Anya, your childhood friend. After proving to your parents you're mature enough, they allow you to leave home to become a Pokémon Trainer. Your aim is to follow your father's footsteps and join the Ace Trainers, a division of the Devon Corporation of the Soala region. But to do so you must become a skilled Trainer, so you decided to take on the Pokémon League.

But the Soala region isn't very peaceful at the time. Wild pokémon are behaving strangely and violently for unknown reasons, and a gang of thieves is stirring up trouble in towns and cities. People are claiming they have been seeing mirages, or been trapped in illusions. Who is behind these incidents? Are they related? It's up to you to solve the mysteries!​

Features

• Traverse the Soala region
    Though modern, the region of Soala has a lot of history behind it relating Darkrai, Cresselia, and the Forces of Nature, and a variety of environments to explore.
  • The Dream World
    Your journey will also take you to the mysterious Dream World! What wonders are to be found in this surreal realm?
  • Catch them all!
    All 721 Pokémon will be in the game, and most of their forms. The majority, if not all, of them will be catchable, in a variety of ways. More interactable Pokémon, an Egg Shop and gift Pokémon.
  • Updated battle mechanics
    Mechanics will be updated to match Generation 6, meaning the Physical/Special Split, new moves and abilities, the Fairy type and an updated type chart.
  • New TMs/HMs and Field Moves
    A new set of 50 TMs is available, and TMs can be used as many times as you like, just like in the newer generations. New field moves include Dive, Rock Climb and Hurricane. Headbutt is also available as a Technical Machine, and can be used to encounter Pokémon hiding in big trees.
  • Post-game side stories and side quests
    A lot of side stories are being planned for the post-game, with familiar characters and legendary Pokémon. Side quests are also available all around the region in the form of missions, which can get you rare items and Pokémon as rewards.

Screenshots

4IzWAxX.png
Vix6s0o.png
aDccIaP.png

rsc0DS3.png
dZqgI6c.png
gh9Ythh.png

cKmanw0.png
biNZcaa.png
vz5AAwi.png

UOHvXmx.png
zT6bHBF.png
wiWgINs.png

AtiqRYB.png
pOZWyBy.png
PISoEVb.png

lkBp5Qw.png
9EnQpea.png
jTlywGh.png

pTMXNV4.png
PpKmCuS.png
DVnui5D.png

Credits

• Mechanics/Pokémon: Spherical Ice
  • Sprites: Avatar, Coronis, Anna_Kumoyama, hemi150, Zelix, Bela
  • Tiles: Mateo, Fangking Omega, Kyledove, remy
  • ASM: karatekid552, DoesntKnowHowToPlay, knizz, MrDollSteak, FBI agent, JPAN, Darthatron, Jambo51
  • Support/Inspiration/Other: Lover's Kite, hashtag, Erik_Destler, Went, Hiroshi Sotomura, Scizz, Vrai, Amachi, M++, Abnegation, Spherical Ice
  • Feedback and testing: Nex
  • Contributors to The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource - Generation VI

Downloads

• Eclipse Beta 1
    Release date: 19th June, 2015
    Notes: This version goes up to Wisteria Town, and four badges are obtainable.

Attachments

• eclipse v0.11.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 36,249
Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
About time you posted this
I like it so far! The story is a little vague but has some nice touches, I love how your family has a Mareep farm. Hopefully we can do something with the farm and have some small farm sidequests? :D
The only thing I'm really intrigued by is the implementation to have all 721 Pokemon, I feel like you would have to stretch the hacks plot and region(dreamworld too) to fit all 721 Pokemon in without having a lot in random places.

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
Years
So this is the hack that Title Screen goes to.. Seems promising.

(I'm a sucker for art changes, so) The screenies look nice, almost official. The Male OWs look awesome! I look forward to more stuff like this.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Second sexy hack made by a moderator? Nice :D

In all seriousness this is looking pretty damn good. Keep it up :D

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
Finally revealed..... I've been attracted to the idea since April fools. BTW, how will extended TMs work with the TM Case?

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
I like the story very much and the tiles are pretty good Keep it up ;) ^^

Last edited:

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
Hmm, hmm! An interesting story has just appeared before me! And all of those nice features will be implemented into a FR rombase. Keep it up! I'll definitely keep my eye out on this one :)

Years
Oh man this is awesome! I love seeing mods make hacks because most of the time they turn out amazing and this seems to be no exception. I really like the mysterious aspect of the story a lot and the fact that there's a post-story makes it seem like a real-deal GF game. Best of luck to you Christos.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
About time you posted this
I like it so far! The story is a little vague but has some nice touches, I love how your family has a Mareep farm. Hopefully we can do something with the farm and have some small farm sidequests? :D
The only thing I'm really intrigued by is the implementation to have all 721 Pokemon, I feel like you would have to stretch the hacks plot and region(dreamworld too) to fit all 721 Pokemon in without having a lot in random places.

I'm planning on doing some sort of side quests with the farms, though I haven't planned much for any side quests as I'm focusing on the main story first. And my aim is to fit in as much Pokémon as possible without it looking like it's too much. There are many different ways to do this, and the dream world is definitely helping with this, so I'm not planning to just throw 10 different kinds of Pokémon in each route just to fit them all in, I'd rather not have them all available instead of that.

When I was working on Liquid Ocean and was planning to have all 386 Pokémon available, I implemented an egg shop where you could buy Common, Uncommon or Rare eggs, and those eggs would hatch into one out of a random set of Pokémon. Those Pokémon would be the ones that I hadn't managed to add in wild routes or wouldn't fit anywhere else, so I'm planning on having an egg shop in this hack, too.

Finally revealed..... I've been attracted to the idea since April fools. BTW, how will extended TMs work with the TM Case?

I'm not planning to extend the TMs, at least for now, I'm just using a different set of 50 TMs, as the set in Gen 3 isn't very balanced due to the implementation of the Physical/Special split.

I hope this is not another aprils fools one xD

Well, it's not April and this hack doesn't have 10 regions and 40 rivals, so maybe. :p

Progress has been slow but I've actually had quite a lot of progress done before posting this thread, so I have most things done up to 3 gyms, except some storyline events. I'll hopefully get them done soon and post more on that, and maybe then get started on fixing things up so I can release a beta.

I've recently remapped a route so here's a screenshot, it's the route west of the town with the first gym, where the region's library is. I've also changed the tile for the headbutt trees.

7dei3QS.png

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
I must ask.

"Hurricane".
What effect will that have on the field, and will it be essential to progress in the story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back