• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
More X&Y insider junk from 4chan.

Yes, while I do know that "leaks" from 4chan can be easily taken with grains of salt, (in this case, I highly doubt 4Chan would be anyone with inside info's first port of call...), and yes, I know it's not real info and only just speculations, its just, some of those speculations are... kinda interesting!

Like the Timetravel idea. Plus given that it's happened before in the games, it wouldn't be as out-there as one may think. The Bond system has serious potential as well, giving pokémon-trainer relationships a bigger role than the Happiness Counter, which, admittedly, I follow. Using it to make way for more moves similar to Return, in addition to the fuzzy feeling you get when your psychotic, sadistic 3 headed Dragon loves you so much, would make raising the critters far more rewarding. Of course, maybe it would also solve the Sylveon evolution mystery?

Finally, while most of these "new pokémon" sound.... weird, those Card Quartet Legendaries sound kind of cool~ My best guess is that they'd be dual types akin to the Rotom formes who share one basic type. Perhaps Normal or Dark. Or maybe a Normal/Ghost is a combo?

I love 4chan junk! I really want this to be true as it seems plausable but there are some aspects that make this unreal like no regional rodent and bird? Doubt it. I like the Legendary typings as they work and another hole, no third one for their trio. hmmmn.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Totally going with Pinkie-Dawn here. I was pretty skeptical at first, and then I read everything, and one of the key things that stood out is the 99 new Pokemon...why not like, idk, 150 like they usually do? It doesn't really make much sense to me, but I guess.

I mean, a lot of this stuff seems at least remotely plausible. Pinsir evolution, something that some fans have been waiting for, could be a good possibility. Hariyama evolution? Seems a bit odd, since Hariyama is pretty powerful in it's own right, but not really arguing much with that. A lot of the other info also seems a bit sketchy, for example only 6 new legendaries, seems way too few, and in general, it just doesn't seem like a move GF would do.

It seems like they would add more legendaries, add a brand new experience with brand new Pokemon, things of that nature, and give the player a vast world to explore. x_x Not really trusting in this information, sadly.
Well even generations tend to introduce less than odd generations (Gen 1- 151, Gen 3- 135 , Gen 5- 156, and even have Gen 2- 100, Gen 4- 107) so it's best that we don't expect a repeat of Unova, or even Hoenn's numbers.

I think that 4 Chan person might be a PC visiter as I mentioned the 4 card thing in new pokemon speculation...

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
While some of the rumors are cool, i am pretty sure they're fake.Whoever made that up has good ideas. The Bond system was beautifully done.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Does anyone know when the next leak will be

No one knows when the next leak will be. They aren't guaranteed or dated. Earliest we can get a leak or info is tomorrow through Smash. Other than that we can get them any day before the 15th with a Coro Coro leak, though that is purely up to the ones who want to risk going to jail for uploaded segments of a magazine that is not out yet. Pokemon.com usually updates before the 15th if there is any news in Japan.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
That was a completely awesome, and non-believable rumor. Some of the stuff made so much sense, DLC event legendaries come later likely with 6 basic onces, bonding replacing friendship and having it as a huge battle changer with stat boosts and what not, but the amount of detail everything has up to the fact that you have 99 Pokemon with 30 of them being extensions is way too much, including the time travel and the fact that the pokedevice is really a time machine. All cool, radical changes that won't happen, but the rumor is definitely great.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
The DNA Splicers is a key item found in B2W2. It's what the player uses to merge Kyurem with either Reshiram or Zekrom to form White Kyurem or Black Kyurem. If it's brought back in X and Y, I doubt they'll change its main use for anything more despite the apparent theme in DNA / genetics.

Oh, right…sorry, I haven't really gotten into Generation V yet. I have the games, though, so maybe I'll be able to catch up to everyone else who has that generation of the Pokémon games before Generation VI comes out.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
That entire rumor wasn't believable at all, although the concepts he came up with were very cool. I really liked the Trainer Level idea. Though the Bond thing effecting stats would be overkill.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
For myself, I'm personally indifferent. I'm hoping the protagonists' dialogue won't be horrible or anything like that, but at the same time, I'm pretty open-minded to the thought. Maybe they could say a few words here and there, not like having a conversation with anyone or anything like that, but yeah.

Or it could go the Animal Crossing route and you could choose what they could say. That would seem more ideal. XD

You can also choose how you respond to questions in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and some of the answers available for you to choose from are quite funny, if I do mention it myself!

They would still be pretty easy to get though, even after beating a certain gym. The 4th gym isn't too far, and most players are too focused grinding their Pokemon to beat trainers on routes/gym leaders anyway. u_u

Though for me, the only thing I'm really waiting for is the kind of new moves they're going to make. It seems like a lot of moves are covered already, but what else can we see? More Poison-type moves? More Steel-types, and what kind, with that effects~? With so many moves that we know of already, what more could be available?

Two words: 'Shadow Vortex.' See my sig.

Yes! n__n I'd also like it if Fly would work in a similar fashion, because I always wanted to explore the skies~!

Now that you mention it, your idea reminds of one about steerable Pidgey that I posted as part of an IGN discussion. Problem is, would the little bugger even be able to lift you?

I think it'd be interesting if fly worked how it did in Ranger: Guardian Signs, that was pretty enjoyable.

Looking that style of flying up on Serebii.net made me realize that this could work very well…if only you used the Circle Pad instead of the stylus.

This is debatable. Some are trickier. But I've always wanted to see Staples use them:

201T.png
201H.png
201.png
201T.png

201W.png
201.png
201S.png

201E.png
201.png
201S.png
201Y.png

Come to think of it, Wheel of Fortune would be fun with them.

Cyclone

"That was easy." Nice job, Cyclone!

That fox is not gonna be Fire/Fighting, period. Froakie was the only one shown doing a physical move for goodness sakes.
Fennekin is not physical at all, clearly. It was pretty obvious to me that he used a Psychic move in the trailer.

In any case... Light and Shadow make sense as types, but Sound and Toxic do not, to me. So I'm gonna call fake on it, although it was obvious enough already.

Yeah: Shadow duplicates Dark, and Toxic duplicates Poison.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Well even generations tend to introduce less than odd generations (Gen 1- 151, Gen 3- 135 , Gen 5- 156, and even have Gen 2- 100, Gen 4- 107) so it's best that we don't expect a repeat of Unova, or even Hoenn's numbers.

But even for an even-numbered gen, 99 new Pokemon is still too few, because the premise of every new gen is to introduce more than 100 new Pokemon. I expected Gen VI to introduce a range between 100-109 new species.

Years
But even for an even-numbered gen, 99 new Pokemon is still too few, because the premise of every new gen is to introduce more than 100 new Pokemon. I expected Gen VI to introduce a range between 100-109 new species.

GF can introduce as many Pokémon as they want. And while the rumor is false it is possible it can be 99 as it's only 1 away from 100 which Johto had. My guess is they'll introduce 105 new Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
GF can introduce as many Pokémon as they want. And while the rumor is false it is possible it can be 99 as it's only 1 away from 100 which Johto had. My guess is they'll introduce 105 new Pokémon.

Johto had 251 Pokemon in their Pokedex. Since Kanto had 151, Johto had 100 Pokemon exactly added to the series. Hoenn added 135. Sinnoh added 107. Each region added 100+ Pokemon to the Pokedex. They don't HAVE to follow this as gamefreak said it was all pretty much coincidence, but there is a fairly good chance that 100 is the magic number. I remember when the rumors started, it was said we'd only get 70 new Pokemon. Glad the number is increasing with each false rumor that surfaces XD

Ya I did miss read what you posted initially, but mine helps your point. The number they add is up to Gamefreak. Each region usually has around 100 though.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
And introducing only 99 new Pokemon instead of 100 will only bring some fans screeching about how GF is running out of ideas for new Pokemon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
99 just sounds odd to finish on. XD;

Just go the whole mile, GF. ;)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
And introducing only 99 new Pokemon instead of 100 will only bring some fans screeching about how GF is running out of ideas for new Pokemon.

I'm sorry, but Gamefreak can make 500 new Pokemon for X and Y and fans will STILL come screeching how GF is running out of ideas for new Pokemon. Its been the same rant since Generation 2 or 3. We have over 600 Pokemon now so there have been at least 200-300 Pokemon added since those rants appeared and they still don't shut up. That's just fans who don't know what the hell they are talking about whining for the sake of whining because they do not like Pokemon like they try to pretend they do.

Years
Right, Generation 5 had 156 or so and many still whined about the lack of creativity (sure some of them are based off food, but Sinnoh also had one (the cherry Pokémon)). In my time in the fan base it seems like the ranting on this has become higher since Generation 3 (I'm still not sure if people dislike more Sinnoh's or Unova's, I think it might be Sinnoh's...(I love Sinnoh though tbh) we should take a pool).

Anyways GF seems to like odd numbers, ending the dex in an odd number for almost all the generations, and making the odd generations the reboots (well Hoenn, and Unova as Kanto was the start). So it might be possible, yet an odd plus an odd would make an even so maybe 104 or 106 is my prediction/wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back