• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Legendary Pokemon - Xerneas and Yveltal

Which do you prefer?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 148 34.6%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 192 44.9%
  • Both

Votes: 88 20.6%

• Total voters

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Pokemon X and Y? Interesting names, to say the least.

Based on the legendary I'd pick Pokemon Y, but I'll have to wait to see the version exclusives first.

Also, apparently Europe is getting this first?

!Gambit

Pokemon Trainer Jessie Ryder
Years
They both look really impressive. If you look at the blue ones eyes you'll see the X's in them. I personally can't wait for Y and the fire stater :D

kammond

Huh
Years
The elk thing reminds me of something I'd see in a Ghibli film. Whoops nvm. I was talking about Princess Mononoke
They definitely have a different feel from other draconian legendaries. More "myth" instead of legend. I like it.

Last edited:
Years
Pokemon X and Y? Interesting names, to say the least.

Based on the legendary I'd pick Pokemon Y, but I'll have to wait to see the version exclusives first.

Also, apparently Europe is getting this first?

Everyone is getting the game at the same time in October 2013 and I don't think they are the names of the Legendaries, just the game.​

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I love the pink flying thing a lot. Not a fan of the mix of Arceus/Virizion but the pink flying thing better be for X and they better do opposites like in B/W PLEASE. I really like the flying thing it's so badass srsly.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Everyone is getting the game at the same time in October 2013 and I don't think they are the names of the Legendaries, just the game.​
Yeah, my X and Y comment was in relation to the games, this was the first thread I posted in after having found out the news haha.

Years
Yeah, my X and Y comment was in relation to the games, this was the first thread I posted in after having found out the news haha.

Ahhhhhh, ok. I misunderstood! :P
My bad.​

They're both great but preferring the Elk right now. It's so majestic. Also imagine these in the 2D sprites, yuck.

Yeh, the Elk is my favourite so far; those sword feed! :D​

Years
The letter 'X' on the logo is blue, and the letter 'Y' is red, so I'm taking that to mean X is the deer and Y is the demon bird dragon thingie.
(It's unlikely they mixed them up on purpose, I think it's safe to assume they're leaving the whole 'opposite' trends behind in Gen 5)
Also if the deer stood with it's legs out a bit, it'd make an X shape, whereas the flying one is definitely Y, no doubt about it.

I'm not crazy about the starter Pokemon designs, but I have to say I love the look of these legendaries. Hands down, though, Y wins for me. It just looks.. like, beyond X. It looks like a strange pairing though- like they paired Giratina with Suicune or something, there doesn't seem to be any similarities...

Also, did anyone else think "Dialga colour scheme" when they first saw X? The more I look the less I think this, but a blue body, with white metallic-looking parts.. :P

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
Neat, I like the color scheme with the 'Y' shaped Pokemon. Black + Red are my favorite combination.

I have a feeling that they won't have any mutual types between each other. One looks more like a dragon/fire/dark-type, while the other seems like a grass/steel/dark-- hmm, maybe I'm wrong. It's actually very hard for me to predict the exact typing of the 'X' shaped Pokemon. xD

Also, and this might not seem too out-of-the-dust, but I have a feeling that there will be a 'Z' shaped Pokemon along the way.

Years
The legendaries look so much more badass than in Black/White...I'm honestly at a loss for words right now. And I'm actually stuck on which one to go for right now. x_x

I really like both of them more I look at them. I think I will still go for 'X', but I will want 'Y' at some point.​

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
The new legends look a lot more intimidating than the previous ones but the dragon bird demon thingy definitely caught my eye.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I too thought of Dialga when I saw the Stag...and Virizion mixed together. Another type I can see the bird being is Electric/Dark with Levitate as it's ability. I think electric due to the red electricity like sparks on it's stomach. Also we need more Electric mascots, we've only had two thus far, Pikachu and Zekrom. We've had 3 fire and 3 water (4 in Japan) so I hope none of them are...well not like they look like fire or water types just saying.
Steel we can another of those, Dialga was cool.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Hey guys, maybe those two legendaries are only from Y version because they both look like a Y. Maybe there are other two with the letter X to appear in X version. Lol, you know what I'm saying? And I prefer...um...both! xD. I thought that blue legendary was a shiny Virizon!

Back