• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazbat028

The Only Guy With a Girlfriend
Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
Bumping my question:-
How do I insert the Fire Red water animation into Emerald? If it is on animeditor on Emerald OR Fire Red please tell me where and how to export/import (I really need someone to do a tutorial on animated tiles!!! (the one on WAH doesn't help :/))

The animation from fire-red is a behavior byte. You're going to need to actually create the animation with a pixel program and insert it into the game with animeditor and tile molester.

Years
How do I insert the Fire Red water animation into Emerald? The animation's not in animeditor and tilemolester is so jumbled and complicated to use that I'll never find it and even if I did I wouldn't know how to edit it.
http://pokemonboard.net/showthread.php?p=7647
It's a tutorial on tile animation. Helped me a bit, but got confused with the palettes and stuff. It should work though, I just postponed it :P

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
A few questions for Ruby~:
1.What's the hero's bag palette ID?
2.What's the textbox (the one in battle)'s palette ID?

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
In one of my scripts I have -- warp 0x3 0x50 0x6 --

and the screen goes black.. when I change to -- warp 0x4 0x1 0x0 -- it goes to the heros room normaly

??? can anyone help me??

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2011
Trainer Eyes crash

whenever i load my rom and go to trainer eyes in the pokenav, all it shows is a black screen with the orange footer (A to select, B to close)

why is this happening and how can i fix it? this is for Ruby, btw

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Does anybody know the palette for the BAG interior?
Not the palettle for the BAG itself but the background etc.
I know how to use APE, But it couldn't find the palette on searching.

pokemongreyimage16.png

I want the palette for the Green and Yellow colors.
Thanks.

The palette is at '0xE835B4'. Keep in mind that it's compressed.

How do I insert the Fire Red water animation into Emerald? The animation's not in animeditor and tilemolester is so jumbled and complicated to use that I'll never find it and even if I did I wouldn't know how to edit it.

If you're talking about editing the graphics, the water animation in Emerald is located at '0x510774'. If you're talking about adding an entirely separate animation, check out this document or maybe this one.

The animation from fire-red is a behavior byte. You're going to need to actually create the animation with a pixel program and insert it into the game with animeditor and tile molester.

Uhm, actually it's not. The behavior byte only dictates that the tile is Surf-able. There is an ASM routine which dictates which tiles have an animation assigned to them and that is what needs to be edited if you want more animations.

A few questions for Ruby~:
1.What's the hero's bag palette ID?
2.What's the textbox (the one in battle)'s palette ID?

I'm not sure what you mean by ID but here's some information on them:
1. Uses Palette #12 (OBJ), location in ROM: '0xE76700' (it's compressed)
2. Uses Palette #00 (BG) , location in ROM: '0xD004E0' (also compressed)

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2011
For Pokemon Yellow (1st gen), how is the checksum of the savefile (.sav) calculated? I noticed it is located from 0x3522 to 0x3523 (correct me if I'm wrong) and the checksum increased by 1 after adding 1 exp point to my first pokemon. So I'm assuming it's a truncated sum of a certain range of bytes? I just don't know what that range is or if any other calculations are involved.

I have a program that's in a language I'm unfamiliar with (SAVeditor (R/B/Y) v3.1 by lisakVUK), but it can edit anything about any of the Pokemon in my party and it will correctly calculate and write the checksum. It's the only program I found that doesn't corrupt the save file when editing it, and I'd like to know how the checksum is calculated. I'd post a link to where I found it, but I can't post a link until I make 14 more posts :/

Any help is appreciated :D

Last edited:

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
-Image must be 64x64 pixels
-Use a program like GIMP to turn the RGB image into an indexed 16color image
-In the indexed color palette move your backgroundcolor to the first colorslot(that's the color that will be transparent!)
-Goto the image of the pokemon sprite you want to replace in ULNZ-GBA
-Import the image
-Write the image to your rom(if it's too big find a new offset with free space finder), also export the palette

TA-DAH!!! Image successfully imported:)

Doing it this way for the backsprite will not work for some odd reason, it will leave the backspriteimage's colors screwed over.
I think this has to do with the order of the colors. If you paste the backsprite in your frontsprite, and then import it. It will look like it is supposed to. The only possible reason i can think off for this is that the colors of the indexed palette of the front and backsprite have to be in the same order.

As far as i've noticed this is the easyest way of importing sprites, yet no tutorial i've seen does it this way. If people request it, i will make a tutorial on it.

peace!
[S-HIGHLIGHT][/S-HIGHLIGHT][S-HIGHLIGHT][/S-HIGHLIGHT]
Does irfanview work? I still get image not indexed.

How do I make an IPS Patch for a ROM Hack? Do I use an unedited Fire Red ROM to make one? Also how do I make an attachment containing the download of the ROM Hack?

You need to use A-Patch which is in the toolbox. You need the HACKED fire red and the ORIGINAL. To make the patch is pretty self-explanatory. You just keep the ORIGINAL fire red hack(the one you started hacking with, so a clean fire red ROM) and the Hacked one and insert them into A-PTCH and an IPS patch will appear.

To make an attachment, type whatever in this box then scroll down below the box. Eventually you will see an addtional options box. Inside the is something that will say manage attachments. Clich that. Then a box should show up. At the top, press one of the browse buttons. Now search your computer on it for the IPS patch you created. Once you find it, press the upload button under the browsing tabs. Make sure to check the key in the attachments box that shows the limit to how big your file can be. Now click submit reply and your done!

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2010
hey guys, I searched for a little bit, but I couldn't find what I was looking for.
Does anyone know of a program that can be used to change the effects of hold items in any generation?

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
I'm changing GYM Leaders' Pokemon in SoulSilver and my question is: Is it possible for in-game trainer to have Rotom in other than regular form?

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2010
Can someone help me with my freezing problem? I tried putting the old man offset back on my hack, but it still freezes. Can someone think of another problem that might affect the game?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Can someone help me with my freezing problem? I tried putting the old man offset back on my hack, but it still freezes. Can someone think of another problem that might affect the game?

2 questions for you: What did you do (as in, details), and when/how does it freeze?

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Is there like a flag or special or something that checks if you have the Bike in your bag so they will prevent you from passing to the cycling road until you get the bike?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Is there like a flag or special or something that checks if you have the Bike in your bag so they will prevent you from passing to the cycling road until you get the bike?

checkitem 0x168 0x1 should work in FIRE RED. it checks if you have the bicycle in the bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back