• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Just really curious, how will provoke work? It seems really funny! Like the effect?
I'm not sure yet! I am still learning how to make custom effects. But I plan for it to be a non-damaging move that does something interesting!
Why does it show in my notifs that Shinx quoted my post and then when I click it it goes to your post FrozenInferno and then when I click where you replied to my quotes it goes to No Thread Specified?

Okay.. On-Topic, I like that you implement new moves as of now, how many slots have you added? And btw could you add more Special Dark moves? Since only having Dark Pulse as a Special Dark attack is kinda low and only limited pokemon can learn that also Physical Electric Attacks w/out recoil and with decent power(Most Physical Electric Pokemon doesn't have an Arm so Thunder Punch I think isn't an option.)? And also Physical Ice attacks with Decent Power to go with also, Alot of those need them :D
Maybe the post got deleted? Sounds like it. I have no idea.

As for the new moves, I expanded the table to its maximum (which is an additional 157 moves!) I will be adding more custom attacks for those types as well! For example, some like Death Beam (Special-Dark), Mental Feint (Physical-Psychic), which is the counterpart to the fighting attack Reversal, and Ice Sword (Physical-Ice), a high critical hit ice move... and way more! :D

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
I'm not sure yet! I am still learning how to make custom effects. But I plan for it to be a non-damaging move that does something interesting!

No idea if this would even be possible, but maybe Provoke could give the target X% chance of using a random attack for as long as they're in play, or every attack will be random for 1-5 turns or something? I don't know, because they've been provoked into a bit of a rage? Haha, I suppose this would function like a status effect though, like being confused.

Alternatively, maybe it could sharply raise the target's attack while decreasing their special attack by like 3 stages or so? That could definitely have use against special attackers, and would be a lot easier to implement.

inheartstaco

Lightning Dragon Slayer
Years
I for the life of me cannot get the 8:00pm event in Silversky Forest to activate
I'm running OpenEmu on an intel core Mac, and I've tried changing the time and date settings to 8:00pm so as to activate the event, and nothing seemes to be working

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
No idea if this would even be possible, but maybe Provoke could give the target X% chance of using a random attack for as long as they're in play, or every attack will be random for 1-5 turns or something? I don't know, because they've been provoked into a bit of a rage? Haha, I suppose this would function like a status effect though, like being confused.

Alternatively, maybe it could sharply raise the target's attack while decreasing their special attack by like 3 stages or so? That could definitely have use against special attackers, and would be a lot easier to implement.
We'll see! I'll see what I can do with that, but the random attack thing seems to be like a good idea! Your second idea is not bad either!
I for the life of me cannot get the 8:00pm event in Silversky Forest to activate
I'm running OpenEmu on an intel core Mac, and I've tried changing the time and date settings to 8:00pm so as to activate the event, and nothing seemes to be working
For beta 3, I'll see if it is possible for me to insert an ASM routine that sets the time of the game internally instead of using the external system to read time from. Is there some kind of RTC setting for your OpenEmu?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Why does Steel resist Fighting now?
Because Fighting Types are way too OP and have the most powerful STAB moves. Steel Types are rare in this game anyways. Just like Normal Types, I cannot see how Fighting was super effective against Steel in the first place. Punching and kicking steel in real life actually hurts the user... haha. My two cents.
Edit 1 - Darn, the Chuck Norris comments got deleted... it doesn't hurt to have a little laugh once in a while, haha.
Edit 2 - Cheers for an edit 2! Anyways, Navigator is a simple key item script... but it is really helpful!
And you can register it with the select button!
----------

----------
And it will have updatable firmware... hahahaha.

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Okay guys, listen up! It finally hit me that I single handily broke save compatibility between 2.5/3.0 due to the repointing of the move table (which, in fact, is obviously the only way to add custom moves). Even so, there are a crapload of other tweaked/repointed things within 3.0. What this mean, is that, there may be random glitches/bugs present in the upgradable version of 3.0, that may not be present in a fresh 3.0 save. I am afraid that there will be weird things that may occur in game...

Anyways, you can still use your older save file if you'll like. But I would further encourage you to not. During the making of 2.3/2.5, I was still a bit inexperienced with rom hacking and my best efforts were not present during those times. Well now for 3.0... for a further incentive to start with a new save file, I have once again improved the beginning experience (which I think is well worth it). Here are some added features:
1) Actual morning/day/night Pokemon (meaning that the whole wild Pokemon table switches dependent on the time of day).
2) Better swarm Pokemon during the time of day.
3) The IV calculator doctor, so you can check out your Pokemon's stat potential.
4) The Navigator which can be found in Seaview.
5) The Grey Feather "mini side-mission." If you collect six feathers scattered around the Silversky district, and give them to the seeker, he will give you a G-Eevee (genetically modified), with a completely different moveset. Doesn't two Eevees evolving into Espeon and Umpreon, or whatever, sound like a nice treat?
6) Your first bug catching contest that takes place on Wednesdays (I have not scripted this yet though).
7) Other smaller refined/updated stuff, etc.
8) Oh yeah, and the BW2 Repel system in order to "overshadow" that infamous repel glitch.
9) Andddd.... no more "catching Suicune" easter egg, hahahaha :D
----------
Legend Roar (no animation yet): A top priority "roar" move that might do damage... and end a wild battle, but it only has 1 PP (so think of this attack as a strategic bail out move that you can only use for one turn in battle, so use it wisely!) And there will be no PP Ups in this game. Battles will be challenging, strategic, with EV/IV trained trainers... (if I can fully get this to work, haha).
----------

----------
All in all, during the 2.5 release, this game was still quite young (feature wise) for a 2nd beta although it was quite long. But 3.0 onward will be a more closer representation of the final release. I pretty much got all of the features/repointers/tweaks that I wanted for this game now, so for beta 4 (lol, haha), you will not have to worry about restarting your save because everything from 3.0 will be perfectly intact.

#EndEssay. Whew, haha.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
wow take it to the hacks studio the skill and improvement is showing fizx :D
Indeed. I shall. I'll request it after the release of beta 3 :D
I wonder how the navigator will look like (:
PokemonNormal_19_zps207abd06.png

Great device! <3
Thanks! And yea, we'll see!
----------
As for the release date of beta 3, I want to release it somewhere before August 1, for the thread's third year anniversary, lol, haha.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Okay guys, listen up! It finally hit me that I single handily broke save compatibility between 2.5/3.0 due to the repointing of the move table (which, in fact, is obviously the only way to add custom moves). Even so, there are a crapload of other tweaked/repointed things within 3.0. What this mean, is that, there may be random glitches/bugs present in the upgradable version of 3.0, that may not be present in a fresh 3.0 save. I am afraid that there will be weird things that may occur in game...

Anyways, you can still use your older save file if you'll like. But I would further encourage you to not. During the making of 2.3/2.5, I was still a bit inexperienced with rom hacking and my best efforts were not present during those times. Well now for 3.0... for a further incentive to start with a new save file, I have once again improved the beginning experience (which I think is well worth it). Here are some added features:
1) Actual morning/day/night Pokemon (meaning that the whole wild Pokemon table switches dependent on the time of day).
2) Better swarm Pokemon during the time of day.
3) The IV calculator doctor, so you can check out your Pokemon's stat potential.
4) The Navigator which can be found in Seaview.
5) The Grey Feather "mini side-mission." If you collect six feathers scattered around the Silversky district, and give them to the seeker, he will give you a G-Eevee (genetically modified), with a completely different moveset. Doesn't two Eevees evolving into Espeon and Umpreon, or whatever, sound like a nice treat?
6) Your first bug catching contest that takes place on Wednesdays (I have not scripted this yet though).
7) Other smaller refined/updated stuff, etc.
8) Oh yeah, and the BW2 Repel system in order to "overshadow" that infamous repel glitch.
9) Andddd.... no more "catching Suicune" easter egg, hahahaha :D
----------
Legend Roar (no animation yet): A top priority "roar" move that might do damage... and end a wild battle, but it only has 1 PP (so think of this attack as a strategic bail out move that you can only use for one turn in battle, so use it wisely!) And there will be no PP Ups in this game. Battles will be challenging, strategic, with EV/IV trained trainers... (if I can fully get this to work, haha).
----------

----------
All in all, during the 2.5 release, this game was still quite young (feature wise) for a 2nd beta although it was quite long. But 3.0 onward will be a more closer representation of the final release. I pretty much got all of the features/repointers/tweaks that I wanted for this game now, so for beta 4 (lol, haha), you will not have to worry about restarting your save because everything from 3.0 will be perfectly intact.

#EndEssay. Whew, haha.

Awwww... so maybe if you implement new abilities, would you need a new save file too? Wait a sec... Chaos Rush's DarkViolet didn't need to make a new save file even though he implemented new moves and abilities, eh? maybe he already extended it and just made an effect later that time -,-... anyways, I bet the Navigator would like a compass or something?

And also I think Legend Roar would be a Move Tutor. eh? Almost anyone can roar -,-.. or only legends can do it? or only Katy Perry can do it? eksdi And aww.. no more suicine T_T...

And also, it doesn't matter if we restart for beta 3 since beta 2.5(3?) is just like a teaser to us and now it's totally new, improved moves, rates, trainers and etc... As usual you by how fast you update it maybe earlier than that OwO

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Awwww... so maybe if you implement new abilities, would you need a new save file too? Wait a sec... Chaos Rush's DarkViolet didn't need to make a new save file even though he implemented new moves and abilities, eh? maybe he already extended it and just made an effect later that time -,-... anyways, I bet the Navigator would like a compass or something?

And also I think Legend Roar would be a Move Tutor. eh? Almost anyone can roar -,-.. or only legends can do it? or only Katy Perry can do it? eksdi And aww.. no more suicine T_T...

And also, it doesn't matter if we restart for beta 3 since beta 2.5(3?) is just like a teaser to us and now it's totally new, improved moves, rates, trainers and etc... As usual you by how fast you update it maybe earlier than that OwO
You can still use your save from 2.5, but you may encounter bugs or glitches that are not present in the actual release. But, I will do my own testing to verify this. The Navigator is more like a tip/guidance device because sometimes, people don't talk to the local NPC for hints and clues... so I made this easier for them for advancing in the game.

It is called "Legend Roar" (only used by the legendary dogs) for a reason. It will not be a move tutor of course. Also, that attack is a work around in order for people to stop "cheating" to forcefully capture Suicune. There have been a lot of updates to Pokemon's movesets, changed items, and whatnot. If you use your older save file (you may miss out on the Navigator and some items may be glitched or switched around in your item bag). When I release beta 4, every single thing from beta 3, will be in tact because the game (as of beta 3, is a 95% representation of the final release). The thing with 2.5 was that, I was still in the midst of learning things and implementing features, etc.

All in all, should restart for 3.0 (if you want). Unless, if you want to continue with your old save and miss out on the brand new early on NPC graphics, Navigator, G-Eevee, no bugs (I can assure you), and the better updated music, better scripts, etc... the choice will be yours.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I'm really digging this. Looks great.I'm going to download the beta and test it out. Keep up the good work!!
Thanks for the support dude! View 2.5 as a test/demo beta because 3.0 will be a much better overview of the game!
----------
Meanwhile, progress with 3.0 have been going good for the most part. I halted mapping and scripting in order to fix up/implement a few more things. I'm still having trouble with the EV/IV trained trainers, but I'll sort it out eventually!

I have also officially started the production of Teal Version, but don't expect to see a thread or any news of it until next year. I'm going to keep this work underground until a beta 4 of Normal Version gets released. It will be a hack of Emerald Version utilizing ipatix's
high quality DPPt music patch as its rom base. I am also currently working on the Uiyto Region Map. It will be a one region hack, with an interesting mini sub region!
----------
Edit 1 - And for obvious reasons (as the name implies), the starter Pokemon will be none other than Lotad. The main two legendary mascots of the game will be one, Grass Type and the other will be a Water Type.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2016
I believe ur hack when completed will most likely win the hack of the year u have my vote if u decided to run

Years
  • Age 31
  • no
  • Seen Apr 20, 2020
WOAH! you finally implemented the D/N encounter tables! did you figure out what the "15 00 00 00" means? im thinking its the encouter rate but i could be wrong.

also, i manage to create a way to switch music based on what we found. but there's this little problem. i'll discuss it through pm.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I believe ur hack when completed will most likely win the hack of the year u have my vote if u decided to run
Thanks dude!I'll try my best to make it a fun game with two complete regions!

WOAH! you finally implemented the D/N encounter tables! did you figure out what the "15 00 00 00" means? im thinking its the encouter rate but i could be wrong.

also, i manage to create a way to switch music based on what we found. but there's this little problem. i'll discuss it through pm.
I'm not sure, but when pointing to the script the 15 00 00 00 is where the script points to (the offset the 15 00 00 00 is located). I also looked at the original encounter tables and I think that those also have a 15 00 00 00, but I think the 15 is a different number. Maybe the 15 means that it is a "custom" table? I don't think it's the encounter rate because all of tables starts with it, which means that it is just a "header" that tells the game, it is a wild Pokemon table?

Okay, and sure. If we are able to switch wild Pokemon tables, switching music (the actual table) should be able to be done
in a similar fashion.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • no
  • Seen Apr 20, 2020
well, i saw a table that starts with [04 00 00 00] and only has few pokemon slots. maybe 15 means grass, and 04 means water? i dunno, i havent test it yet.

Back