• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Tournament of Life [T] (OOC/SU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Actually, he was looking at the rolling hills of Route 202. I had him pointing towards Jubilife, but I wasn't exactly sure if I would have him go that way. Don't worry, I can always edit it.

Never mind, just did.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
You can complete the objective in any order. But you start off in the professor's lab with everyone else. (Just to clarify things.)

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
I'm feeling lazy.

Just so you guys know, I ended my post with my character in the lab, but that was when we were all receiving the starters. My character's in Route 218 (Outskirts of Sandgem) gazing at the water with her sister and the Egg at her lap.

If anyone wants to interact with her, feel free. I'm hatching the egg when while she's talking to someone.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Brilliant posts everyone, keep them coming!

Also; the next chapter will start when majority of players have completed all the set objectives.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
Name: Joshua "Kybolt" Numbilis

Age: 16 (15 if you allow that, I want this character as young as possible.)

Appearance:
Casper.png

Personality: Joshua is a strong believer in Fair fights. He quite likes Dark types and Water types. He is a novice and he is innocent, but he is fighting for one cause and that is to avenge his brother. He likes to copy people. He has another secret ambition, to find a Ditto.
(I hope this is sufficient, I can extrapolate if you want but I must go now.)

History: Now, this is not the good old Kybolt you all know and love. But I'll include his history too, Kybolt(Cameron)was born in Sunneyshore city, Sinnoh. When he Kybolt was young, he was given a Piplup, when he was 10 he hid this Pokémon from everyone and trained it, he chose to have a all Electric team except for his piplup, he became a trainer battling all the gyms... he attracted a lot of attention when he entered the Sinnoh Pokémon league, when they thought he had lost the final battle, he brang out... Empoleon

The Crowd gasped as Empoleon materialized, beating the final battle, in his fame and glory he ran out and went back home. At home he got a call, "Hello, who is this?" Kybolt asked.
"Ambassador of the Trainer Recruitment Agency of Bransife." The Man stated in a formal manner, "Bransife is a new region which has just been found."
Kybolt intently listened, "This is so cool! A new region!"
"Sure, it is, Kid. Anyway, we are looking for bright, new trainers to come to Bransife and as an accomplished Sinnoh league champion. We invite you to go on a Pokémon Journey in the Region of Bransife."
Kybolt replied back, excited "Where do I sign up?!"
The Anonymous voice cheered "just take the first boat to Bransife!"
He called back to his Mother, "You'll be seeing me on the news!" he said as he sped down the road with his bike, he got on the boat, he put down his bag, and then someone out of the shadows wearing a grey outfit with a Big White H on the front, he threw out his pokéball , A Pidove, "Pidove, Whirlwind on the bag!" Suddenly the bag flew into the air and flew right onto a speed boat with a flag of a Tornado and a H on it, This man with a Black and white robe stood up "Thanks for the winning team!" The guy who looked as if he was a boss, the guy in the Black and white outfit ordered "Pidove use fly!" and he flew away.

Kybolt went to his friend who was there and explained what happened "That's Team Hurricane, looks like they got your pokémon and all." Dividi explained, the boat arrived and he set foot on the land of Bransife. After spending a year in Bransife, He went home to find the middle of winter, he stepped in to find his mother cradling a baby wrapped in cloth in her arms.
"Mother?" he asked, but obviously knew the answer.
"Kybolt, this is Joshua, you're little brother." She replied.
Joshua grew up with a lot of Pokémon influence. His brother lent some pokémon to him once and awhile. Joshua aspires to be great champion of every region league.

One day, a normal day, Kybolt was on his bicycle and got into his home and as normal sat down on the sofa with his brother and turned on the TV.
"Hello, I'm Richard Goffry Pokéfanatic TV News Anchor for tonight.
Today's TOP Headlines: The Pokémon League changes for the unforeseeable "better" with the new The Life League! In this.."

"Joshua, this is stupid. Why give up peoples lives for a simple title, I know it's glorifying if you don't give your life but.. I don't know anymore." Kybolt stated to his brother.
"...very challenging, but this just in, the Life League Invalidates former champions."
"WHAT?!" growled Kybolt,standing up and stamping his foot onto the wood tiled floor.
Joshua tried to calm him down. "Woah! Calm down." He grabbed his brother's arm.
"No! You won't understand." Shaked off his brother's grip, he starts walking to the door his eyes pointed to the ground, he grabbed his coat, he opened the door. "You'll never understand." He whispered and slammed the door.

His brother ran after him but his mother stopped Joshua. "Leave your brother to do what he must."
"But mum!" Joshua snapped.
"No "but"s, turn off the TV and get ready for bed, it's late, and it's school tomorrow." Joshua's mother ordered.

Kybolt was never seen again after that, rumours have it a Life Keeper got him, and that he is no more. Joshua decided to follow in his brother's foot steps and avenge his brother, now with his new Sneasel, he will defeat the evil and avenge his brother.

Pokémon: Female Sneasel Please

Theme: Pokémon - We Will Meet Again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4IXedOQqRM

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
I know this is selfish, but...

Waiting for others to post is physically painful.

I'm a hypocrite, since I don't plan on posting till Monday for my other RP. That, or when the RPM says something about it...

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Aquataris, you're accepted! The IC thread has already posted, and the roleplay has just begun so feel free to post your first entry. Have fun!

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
It's not actually against the rules as it is a Rule of Thumb.

I mean, would you advertise... let's say, a PS3 game to an Xbox convention? Or talk about a game of an online game distributed by Company E to the forums of Company L? I did that once (The latter example) but it was inconsequential, as Company E was bought and absorbed into Company L.

Dot-san, if I may, what is your criteria for a good SU? Also, as a confirmation, my Pokemon does start of as a level one, (as is in 4th gen Games) and not level 5 (2nd and 3rd[?] Gen) right?

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
I'm sorry, but I can't take it anymore.

It seems like Joshua is treading the line of godmodding. I know what a Chinook is. I play C&C Generals enough that I even use them in my attack squads. Using a Chinook might be overkill, but it is justified.

But a weak level 5 DARK-type Pokemon using telepathy? And might I mention that the dark-type in question focuses on its Physical abilities? I might be able to understand if its an Absol, but if they could do that, do you think they would risk being seen by other humans to foretell disasters instead of using telepathy to say it outright? Should I mention that the only Psychic attack Sneasel can learn is Agility and Calm Mind? None of those are related to telepathy.

In my opinion, only Psychic types or those that can use Psychic attacks may use telepathy. I should know, I created RP characters that use telepathy to communicate. Hotaru "Uena" Homura from Darkness Lurking (Dead RP) and Yana Silvercloud, a character I would have submitted to Pokemon Trainer academy but didn't.

Both are mute, both use telepathy (Uena is a level 26 Vulpix who focuses on Psychic and non-fire type attacks, while Yana has an Abra hanging off her back) and both can't use telepathy when there are Dark types around. Why? Because Dark types disable Psychic abilities.

Sorry for ranting RPM, but this is a potential Gary Stu. Unless he can justify just why it could use telepathy, I can't accept it.

Bah, I'm being bias. Sorry, but when I see his SU, it seems like the main focus is the character's brother. Everything I've learned goes against the last three posts he did. Sooo~... Can you tell me why such is so?

Last edited:
Years
I'm sorry, but I can't take it anymore.

It seems like Joshua is treading the line of godmodding. I know what a Chinook is. I play C&C Generals enough that I even use them in my attack squads. Using a Chinook might be overkill, but it is justified.

But a weak level 5 DARK-type Pokemon using telepathy? And might I mention that the dark-type in question focuses on its Physical abilities? I might be able to understand if its an Absol, but if they could do that, do you think they would risk being seen by other humans to foretell disasters instead of using telepathy to say it outright? Should I mention that the only Psychic attack Sneasel can learn is Agility and Calm Mind? None of those are related to telepathy.

In my opinion, only Psychic types or those that can use Psychic attacks may use telepathy. I should know, I created RP characters that use telepathy to communicate. Hotaru "Uena" Homura from Darkness Lurking (Dead RP) and Yana Silvercloud, a character I would have submitted to Pokemon Trainer academy but didn't.

Both are mute, both use telepathy (Uena is a level 26 Vulpix who focuses on Psychic and non-fire type attacks, while Yana has an Abra hanging off her back) and both can't use telepathy when there are Dark types around. Why? Because Dark types disable Psychic abilities.

Sorry for ranting RPM, but this is a potential Gary Stu. Unless he can justify just why it could use telepathy, I can't accept it.

Bah, I'm being bias. Sorry, but when I see his SU, it seems like the main focus is the character's brother. Everything I've learned goes against the last three posts he did. Sooo~... Can you tell me why such is so?

Honestly I'm with you. If he can justify it maybe, but quite frankly this guy just oozes that he is going to end up a Gary Stu just from what he has written so far, and that is not even taking into account that he just gave himself a telepathic pokemon without even asking the GM? I'd think special elements like that would fall under GM control (like the Sandshrew). Your logic makes perfect sense to me also, his pokemon is a dark type with no real psychic abilities and a focus on physical attacks... It's nothing personal against the guy I just don't like where this is going even a little bit.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I will further investigate on the matter, so please don't worry. I have yet to read the latest batch of posts since I've been out all day. I'll be reading the realtively soon, and if I find something a bit icky, then I'll deal with it accordingly.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
I apologize, right now I am a bit rusty and the chinook is from Kybolt. Check most of the rps I've played in, there I have played Kybolt. Joshua is his brother, Ok? Is it so godmodding when a rich character uses his money? No. So why is this.

Again apologies for the Sneasel,I've been away alot I've being writing some literature, so I may still be thinking I'm writing a story and godmodding.

Years
It's nothing personal against you Aqua, sorry if I'm coming across that way. There's nothing wrong with playing as a rich character, but yeah judging from what you have written you might be getting a bit godmoddy. My opinion doesn't really matter though it's up to Curious what is ok and what isn't.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
You've been writing lit-...

Uh, right. I'm a fanfiction writer. I'd like to point out that my problem with your character is that it looks to be growing up to become a Gary Stu. If this was a story, I'd press the 'close tab' immediately.

I'm also playing as a rich character in this RP. I'd like to note that she's a Noble, with a reward for her safe return. She also has funds available to most rich kids. Mine also has a [broken] Motorbike.

I didn't have a problem with you using a powerful helicopter to get to Sandgem. I do have a problem with Joshua and Kybolt.

One, Kybolt is Sinnoh's champion. If you don't see why, think.

Two, Joshua is a second Kybolt. It's like he's a puppet put into Kybolt's place because you don't want to kill off Kybolt should he lose this RP. I'm only saying there is a chance he could die, not actually die.

Three, Joshua isn't his own person. I mean, look at the SU... It's all about Kybolt. It doesn't even show how he would react to other people.

If you want to counter me, PM me. I don't want to flood the OoC thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back