• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Pokemon X / Y PC Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 24, 2015
Hello I'm a developer in Unity. I'm a huge fan of Pokemon I'm working on my own type of game but in my spare time I mess around doing other things and i think a task for me would be to make a Pokemon Game for the PC such as X / Y.

Lets talk about things that should be in the game.
What graphics you would like? 3D? or would the graphics that are used in Pokemon Black be good enough for everyone.

Post your suggestions below.

I'm also looking for a team. someone who can do the artwork or even help build the 2D towns. Post your work if you have experience with Pixel work or 3D work and could replicate the style everyone agrees on.

Black Eternity

Lord of Eternity
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 30, 2016
Hello PokeUnity, since no one else has posted here yet, I guess I will get things started.

First, I want to ask, What kind of fan game are you going for? In the sense of maps, battle style, point of view, etc. I ask simply because, with Unity, you have almost endless opportunities to develop a fan game unlike any other seen before.

With that being said, I have been widely interested in an *"Open World" style 3D game.
*let me finish this statement before moving on...
I would classify this style as:
- Having larger maps to roam around, find secret hiding spots, a lot of scenery to explore, and area based encounters.
- Having an axonometric? point of view like traditional Pokemon except, except with a 360 degree rotation.

On a second note, I think you would be able to create some wonderful and very friendly user interfaces to your advantage. Using your viewport correctly and efficiently for UI such as Buy/Sell screens, dialog, Bag, Pokedex, and even a PokeGear, or what ever you decide to incorporate.

Again this all depends on what type or style you want to develop your game, I am just throwing some ideas out there.

Tricko

Developing Pokémon Dark Leaf
Years
Hello I'm a developer in Unity. I'm a huge fan of Pokemon I'm working on my own type of game but in my spare time I mess around doing other things and i think a task for me would be to make a Pokemon Game for the PC such as X / Y.

What graphics you would like? 3D? or would the graphics that are used in Pokemon Black be good enough for everyone.

Post your suggestions below.

I'm also looking for a team. someone who can do the artwork or even help build the 2D towns. Post your work if you have experience with Pixel work or 3D work and could replicate the style everyone agrees on.
Great idea !! Good Luck !! I got some XY resource on my devaintart account.. Click the link in my signature and take a look !! I also think for artworks and all you could also create a account in dA....

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Firstly, a warm hello to a fellow Unity developer! It's great to see more people interested in Unity. It's admirable to want to work on something akin to Pokemon X/Y. As someone who has attempted something similar(and someone working on a rough starting kit for a Pokemon fangame in Unity), I wish you luck on this front.

People are always going to tell you they want to see full 3D. Just pick 2.5D if you don't want to take the plunge and do all art yourself, as that way you aren't shutting off your options to work with the 2D spriters in the community.

I recommend actually getting a prototype running with "Programmer Art"(numbered boxes instead of sprites/models) before recruiting artists. You can use the cube objects in Unity to make a blank town for starters and show proof that you can actually deliver if a team invests their time with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back