• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GP's NASCAR Sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
Did you get permission to double post this many times?

One is allowed to double post in their own thread when updating their work. The rules state:

Consecutive Posting
In order to bump your work, we do permit consecutive posting, though there must be a considerable period of time between posts i.e. more than a day. In addition, if you are constricted by the image limit (maximum of 20 images per post), you are also permitted to post consecutively.

I have read and reread the rules many times. I'm a stickler for them, as they bring structure and order to our forums. Thanks for your good intentions, they're appreciated, but I got my back. ^_^

BTW... currently working on #64 Bodine family, #66 blaney... should be up on monday...morning...ish...maybe...

Last edited:

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
Newly done:
64_freds.png

#64 Fred's Toyota driven by the Bodine brothers, Todd and Geoffry
66_blank.png

#66 Unsponsored Toyota driven by Dave Blaney. (It's been unsponsored for like 21/24 races this year...

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years

Not too bad... it's all that i've made so far running by... blimp view.

Missing Kyle Busch #18
Biffle #16
Montoya #42
Mayfield #41
Papis #13
Reutimann #00

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2009
Hey there, GPR! I came across this thread on Google and, as a diehard NASCAR fan, I just wanted to let you know how awesome these sprites are! I really like how you've taken the time to include so many of the new teams from this season. Keep up the great work!

(If you need something more for your NASCAR fix, go to YouTube and search "Brock Beard")!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
Thanks again everyone for posting!

Made some new ones... my fantasy racing car...

GP (#64Craftsman Ford)

GP (#64 Craftsman Gold Ford)

GP (#64 Georgia Power Ford)

Thanks!

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
As I have said in the past, the side views of the cars portray the cage and drivers part as way to big and bulky. Maybe if you made it longer, and flattened it a little, it would look more realistic? Anyway, their paintjob's are impressive ;)

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
As I have said in the past, the side views of the cars portray the cage and drivers part as way to big and bulky. Maybe if you made it longer, and flattened it a little, it would look more realistic? Anyway, their paintjob's are impressive ;)

yeah, but if shorten the side view or enlongate it, then the car will not fit the d/p tileset... This size fits the d/p set with a 2x4 space.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Why are you trying to get them into DP style anyway, they're not Pokemon. I mean right?

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
THe whole premise of this little project when i first started was that they could be fit into a pokemon game, or at least a pokemon style game... in the sense of hack...

if i really wanted to be detailed, i could make them in the style of my CarPix.

sabapple

Fly High☆
Years
Ohh, you are doing a great job with these! I loooove Nascar, *Cough* Go Jimmie Johnson and Joey Logano *Cough*;)

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
The 2010 NASCAR season starts up in four months! So i figured that i had to get rolling on the new paintschemes for next year! Here's the templates:

2010 Chevy Impala

2010 Ford Fusion

2010 Toyota Camry

2010 Dodge Charger

There have been some alterations to this year's models... the rear quarter panel has been extended. The head lights and grills on the ford and toyota have had facelifts, and all manufactuers now have unique tail lights as on the actual car.

Paintschemes should be coming soon!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
Redid the entire first post! Also added new Mark Martin godaddy scheme for next year!

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
New sleeker sprites looking much better, though you have that one pixel on the the bottom of the left end that makes it look to jagged.

Aberbecam

Banned
Years
I am not a big Nascar fan but the car pixel arts you made looks really good and perfect ;)

Templates:
Among the changes to my 2010 sprites are some more distinguishing features of the manufactuers, including the headlights, taillights and grills matched to the bodystyle. Also, the rear quarter panel has been extended to resemble the actual car more closely than the old curved sprite did. Finally, one of the concearns with my old template was the bulky, fat look... now the cars are a bit shorter, making them look a bit more sleek!

Chevolet Impala

Dodge Charger

Ford Fusion

Toyota Camry

And i know these are templates but i don't see any differences between any of those cars, all of those cars looks exactly the same to me. xD

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
I am not a big Nascar fan but the car pixel arts you made looks really good and perfect ;)

Thanks!

And i know these are templates but i don't see any differences between any of those cars, all of those cars looks exactly the same to me. xD
Well, let me show you then! ^_^
Templates:
Among the changes to my 2010 sprites are some more distinguishing features of the manufactuers, including the headlights, taillights and grills matched to the bodystyle. Also, the rear quarter panel has been extended to resemble the actual car more closely than the old curved sprite did. Finally, one of the concearns with my old template was the bulky, fat look... now the cars are a bit shorter, making them look a bit more sleek!
[URL="http://a.imagehost.org/view/0980/2010_Chevy_temp"][/URL]
Chevolet Impala
So, looking at the chevy impala, you can see that the headlights extend back past the curve of the hood in the top view. They then come down to touch the flat part of the nose... they are big, full lights... that leave a tiny two pixel width grill.

The tail light is like a watermellon, with the white part on the bottom

[URL="http://a.imagehost.org/view/0379/2010_Dodge_temp"][/URL]
Dodge Charger
The headlights on the charger are big and full like the chevy, but don't extend as far back or as far down as the chevy...

The grilll here is very square, actually consisting of four openings.

We can't see the tail lights from the side view on the dodge charger.

[URL="http://h.imagehost.org/view/0183/2010_Ford_temp"][/URL]
Ford Fusion
The fusion has the fullest grill... it takes up the whole front of the nose. There is also a ford emblem on it... anyhow, the head lights are verymuch angular... they're squeezed into the front, and are thinner...

the tail light, instead of coming to a flat base, comes to a point in the middle, and doesn't have white in it...

[URL="http://h.imagehost.org/view/0091/2010_Toyota_temp"][/URL]
Toyota Camry
The camry has the smallest head lights, on both views, as well as a small, two level grill that comes to a point around the toyota emblem.

THe Tail lights are like the chevy, but upsidedown...
Hope that makes it more evident which is which... and the differences.

Also, in NASCAR, ALL the cars have the same body. It's something that they do to even the competition. The only differences are the noses of the cars, and the sticker lights.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
OK, so i'm moving these over from the regular pixel art section... since they are now starting to multiply and fit along with this theme...

These are my new "Car Pix" styled sprites. They are a bit more three dimensional, as well as demonstrate more spriting ability, along with shading, and outline coloring...

So here's Bill Elliott's #21 Motorcraft Ford Fusion:

And the new "Car Pix" style:

Here's one of Jamie McMurray's #26 IRWIN Tools Ford:

And here is what Paul Menard's Menards Fusion looks like:

And the new "Car Pix" style:

So what do you guys think of the new style?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back