• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
-HackMew- Your tools are the best. I am using most of them to create my own hack, however, where can I find something to change the very begining text in FireRed (Where it describes what the buttons do and the text before Professor Oaks speach. the one that looks like a notebook)
----THANKS for the tools, and if noone know where to find what I am looking for that is ok.

like what was told to me, since they got on my case about it, i'm getting on yours that has nothing to do with this thread, *goes to report*

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
I downloaded the APE and tried it. I cant import ".pal" pallete...When I import, it says "...Occur when importing pallete..." or " Runtime Error...."

Dark Empoleon

Armored Emperor Penguin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 8, 2012
Hmmm all these tools are great but, will you be adding 2nd Gen tools? Cause' I need a 2nd Gen map editor and overworld sprite editor.

@JoyRide The same thing happens to me when I change the trainer sprite, when i view it on the trainer card its leg is like screwed up.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I downloaded the APE and tried it. I cant import ".pal" pallete...When I import, it says "...Occur when importing pallete..." or " Runtime Error...."

Well, ".pal" files are not all the sames, even if they have the same extesion. But, as the program tell you, when importing/exporting a palette you can choose the "PaintShop Palette". What you loaded is not a PaintShop Palette, obviously. I guess you exported that .pal file from VBA, isn't it? Well, export the palette again as a PaintShop format and then import it on APE.

Heya m8 gr8 stuff anychance of you doing a map editor thanks :D

Why I should make a map editor where there is AM already? :P

Thanks for the tools! I never would have found out some of them without you. get more in the future

You're welcome! :)

When I use your UnLZ Gameboy to change a pokemons sprite its all messed up. How do I fix this from happening?

Edit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCdIvDQYHtA

I saw your video and I understand why you get the error... You simply unchecked the "Auto abort" option and you imported a really big sprite ovewriting some important data. Also, remember that when you import something it has to be the same dimensions (width/height) as the original one. And when it say that's too big, instead of simply unchecking the Auto abort option, repoint the image in some place full of FFs.

Hmmm all these tools are great but, will you be adding 2nd Gen tools? Cause' I need a 2nd Gen map editor and overworld sprite editor.

@JoyRide The same thing happens to me when I change the trainer sprite, when i view it on the trainer card its leg is like screwed up.

Well, since I hack the Advance generation, probably I won't make any 2nd generation tools. Also, for a 2nd gen map/graphics editor google GoldMap or ask in the Simple Questions thread.
Regarding the second question, see my answer above.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Hey HackMew! I love your Tools! Top of Line! But I was wondering, have you ever thought about makeing a tool that lets you change the PokeDex Info for FR/LG/E? Its too bad that Dexter is for R/S, and I haven't found another way, excpet maybe Hex....

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Hey HackMew! I love your Tools! Top of Line! But I was wondering, have you ever thought about makeing a tool that lets you change the PokeDex Info for FR/LG/E? Its too bad that Dexter is for R/S, and I haven't found another way, excpet maybe Hex....
Have you seen this post? You can look for the other offsets yourself.
Anyway, -HackMew- has thought about this.. but we're busy with our hack.. :P

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Ah! Thanks D-Trogh! I didnt see that! Well, I would say that Baro has out done him self agian eh? XD

Good Luck with your guys Hack too!

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011

First of all, thanks ^^
As D-Trogh said some posts above, I've already thought about a Dexter improvement. At the moment I'm fully working on my hack (hopefully it should be released next week) with my team and I have no time to work on programs. But don't worry, you just have to wait ;)
In the meanwhile, you can check the detailed info about the PokéDex I've posted in the Simple Questions thread.
BTW, I've already planned 4/5 new tools (a new script editor included). Don't forget to check the first page frequently as I update my programs often :)

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
First of all, thanks ^^
As D-Trogh said some posts above, I've already thought about a Dexter improvement. At the moment I'm fully working on my hack (hopefully it should be released next week) with my team and I have no time to work on programs. But don't worry, you just have to wait ;)
In the meanwhile, you can check the detailed info about the PokéDex I've posted in the Simple Questions thread.
BTW, I've already planned 4/5 new tools (a new script editor included). Don't forget to check the first page frequently as I update my programs often :)

Yep! Thanks agian. Ah! New Scrpit Editor? As-In one like Advance-Text, or like PokeScript? BTW, Good Luck on your hack! I will keep a look out!

PS - 4/5 New Tools? Hehe, maybe I should put my Hack on hold to see what those are! XD

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
I have a quick question about APE. First of all your tools are great and I'll definatly be using them alot. Thanks for making them so much. My question is, does anyone know what the Palette Offset is for The Two main characters OverWorlds? I don't really know how to find overworld Palettes so if you could tell me that aswell I'll have less trouble with Revolution. Thanks again for making these fabulous tools. =D

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I have a quick question about APE. First of all your tools are great and I'll definatly be using them alot. Thanks for making them so much. My question is, does anyone know what the Palette Offset is for The Two main characters OverWorlds?

Your question, however, should belong to the Simple Questions thread. Anyway, all you have to do is to seach the palettes you'd like to edit. See the Readme for some basic info.
Oh, BTW the Overworld palettes should be LZ77 compressed. Hope it helps!

@ ALL: a new program was just released. Have fun!

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
Thank you so much. I've waited so long for that question to be answered and the Simple Questions thread wasn't helping for me. I'll have to try it myself though as I don't quite understand. Anyway nice to see a bit of an update. what does the DS tool do? It looks cool from judgement of the screenshot. =D

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2007
the pages havent loaded for me but i have used advance map and that is primo anyway you have top of the line tools hackmew

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
Years
Ummm, great tools HackMew!
Everything here it's great. I'm wondering if it's possible you do a "Tiling Program" Somehting that gives you a tileset like AdvanceMap (ordered). But it saves in the Unlz format, not like AdvanceMap (Uncompressed). Gives you the chance to export an indexed image and allows you change the palletes also. It will be great!

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
the pages havent loaded for me but i have used advance map and that is primo anyway you have top of the line tools HackMew

Thx :)

Ummm, great tools HackMew!
Everything here it's great. I'm wondering if it's possible you do a "Tiling Program" Somehting that gives you a tileset like AdvanceMap (ordered). But it saves in the Unlz format, not like AdvanceMap (Uncompressed). Gives you the chance to export an indexed image and allows you change the palletes also. It will be great!

I'm glad to see you like 'em :D
Uhm, regarding the Tiling program I cannot give you a final answer since I would have to know some things that are kinda "uknown" for me. But yeah, if you want to provide your help just tell me ;)

thats a good tool nice one :):):):):):)

Well, it isn't only one tool! XD
Or are you just talking about something in particular?

thanks a lot for these hack tools. i was searching for them

You're welcome ;)

Hey, everyone! Today is... UPDATE TIME!
Therefore, I'm proud to announce my 2nd Big Update :)
For any further details, check the first post as always.

Oh, by the way, since I've planned some new tools I was wondering if it would be a good idea to make a sort of poll in order to release the most wanted tool. Drop me a line with your opinions if you want. Thanks in advance.

Back