• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Deep Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo-Spriteman

or goloog. that works too.
Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
Glitch:
vre.png

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
The pokemon front and backsprites don't show up for some reason. I think they're ill-positioned in the PBS documents. Also, after you leave your house in the beginning you can walk straight down into the little fenced in area because you overlapped a walkable tile over a non-walkable tile.

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
Years
The pokemon front and backsprites don't show up for some reason. I think they're ill-positioned in the PBS documents. Also, after you leave your house in the beginning you can walk straight down into the little fenced in area because you overlapped a walkable tile over a non-walkable tile.
Strangely enough, they do show up in the uncompressed project, so i don't think it's got something to do with the positions.

Also, I've fixed the walking over the fence problem.

Fixed the Pokémon Sprites not appearing, uploading a new version in 30 minutes.

Last edited:

pkmntrainerpaul

Years
I fixed the problem by adding the Battlers folder to the .zip file.
The RMXP Encrypter apparently doesn't encrypt that folder XD

You can download Beta 1.1 via the same download link as Beta 1.0.

Opalescent

Ninja Mapper
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2012
I fixed the problem by adding the Battlers folder to the .zip file.
The RMXP Encrypter apparently doesn't encrypt that folder XD

You can download Beta 1.1 via the same download link as Beta 1.0.

RMXP only encrypts the following folders:

Graphics, Data, Audio, PBS. Any custom folders you add won't be encrytped :3

Pera

I'm sooo excited!!
Years
Uhh I have a problem.
I downloaded the demo and tried to open it (unzipped), and I got this error (attatched)

Please Help! :(

Attachments

• problem.png
    problem.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 25

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
Uhh I have a problem.
I downloaded the demo and tried to open it (unzipped), and I got this error (attatched)

Please Help! :(

Try installing RPG Maker XP if you haven't and it should go away that error.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
I downloaded it and tried it. Unfortunatly as soon as I got to the first town, some guy gave me a pokémon, said we should battle then it froze (I could hear the sound of something running into a wall so that might be it)

pkmntrainerpaul

Years
I downloaded it and tried it. Unfortunatly as soon as I got to the first town, some guy gave me a pokémon, said we should battle then it froze (I could hear the sound of something running into a wall so that might be it)

Ok, that's strange, I am not having that error...
Could you try it again?

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Hello everyone, it's time for an update :D

First, I've made four userbars. Feel free to use them.
banner_deep_black__vast_white_by_pokemondeepbalance-d3jhasu.png

banner_leaf_blade_by_pokemondeepbalance-d3jhlbu.png

banner_blazing_dragon_by_pokemondeepbalance-d3jhlgm.png

banner_aqua_samurai_by_pokemondeepbalance-d3jhlks.png

Secondly, I finished the game's logo:
pokemon_deep_balance_logo_by_pokemondeepbalance-d3jji1j.png

Years
Game crashed while trying to get mom to heal my charmander and when i tried to battle the girl outside the house(check attached files). Didn't get too far, but I'm liking the game so far. Any idea why its lagging?

you also become invisible while holding down shift

Last edited:

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Game crashed while trying to get mom to heal my charmander and when i tried to battle the girl outside the house(check attached files). Didn't get too far, but I'm liking the game so far. Any idea why its lagging?

you also become invisible while holding down shift
The two errors are already fixed, I just need to upload the new version right now, but it takes a bit longer since I'm already close to a beta 2 release xD

I thinkv the lag is probably due to the fact the HGSS Menu is scripted in the script Scene_Map, but that's fixed already since I switched to a side-menu. This causes the game to move more smoothly.

Major Update!

The thread is updated, and a lot of new information is included.
NOTE: Due to my new account here on PC, ALL updates will be made by P-Sign, my new account. This post will be updated, but not frequently. Thank you.

pokemon_deep_balance_logo_by_pokemondeepbalance-d3jji1j.png

Introduction
I started working on this game since early january 2011. At the time, I wasn't really experienced with RPG Maker XP, so the quality of the game wasn't that high yet. The game was known as "Pokémon Climate Clash", but I switched to "Pokémon Deep Balance", due to the fact the link to the storyline is much deeper.

The project originally started on Planetdev, but after some help of the members there, my thread made it to the showcase section here on PC. The game's quality was much higher at that time, the graphics were better and the storyline received a boost too.

Pokémon Deep Balance is in the showcase section, next to great games like Xenotime, Blue Chrome, Sands of Time, Raptor and so much more. I'm proud of this achievement, and I hope this game meets the standard of the high quality games here on PC. Well, without further ado, here's the storyline:

Storyline

he Pokémon League of the year 2024 just ended.
It was a great championship, with the best trainers of the Balax Region competing.
Some well-recognized people were around, most notably Bryan, the founder of Brick Corp. He defeated all other trainers, and fought in the finals against four of the best trainers, the Elite 4, and won.
Now, he is going to face his biggest challenge:
He will fight the Champion.
Your dad.

While your dad is fighting Bryan, you are home, together with your mother.

It's a big day for you too: You're moving today!
While you're saying goodbye to everyone in town, you will come across a friend:
Dennis, a Pokémon Trainer, will give you one of his Pokémon as a farewell gift.

But while you're travelling from Calypso Island to Nestart Village, your dad is found to be missing…

Your mother is heartbroken, and you decide to search for him.
Many friends will help you, including Rick, a beginning Pokémon Trainer like you from Nestart Village, Dennis from Calypso Island and much more...

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING TEXT IS IN A SPOILER FOR A REASON!
Spoiler:

The Balax Region
Spoiler:

Characters

Spoiler:

PROTAGONISTS———-NATE/TERESA
The son/daughter of Gawain, the champion of the Balax Region.
15 years old, he/she decides to travel the Balax Region in order to find their lost father.

DAD, CHAMPION————-GAWAIN
Gawain is the dad of Nate/Teresa, and the Pokémon Champion of this region.
All his battles take place on the top of Victory Peak.
He is a strong trainer, and is famous for it's love for nature and Pokémon.

BRICK CORP FOUNDER—————-BRYAN
Bryan is the founder of the famous corporation Brick CORP.
Little is known about him, except for the fact he does everything for money.

Pokémon League Challenge

plc_logo_by_pokemondeepbalance-d3jnfe7.png
gym_rosters_by_pokemondeepbalance-d3jnjdr.png

Gym Order:
1->2->3
4->5->6
7->8

Screenshots
Spoiler:

More Screenshots on my Deviantart:
www.pokemondeepbalance.deviantart.com

Features
New maps.
Pokémon of all generations.
Double Screen
HGSS Battlesystem
Touch Screen
Renamed PokeGear, I probably will add more "apps" to the gear later.
Unique story
And I hope to implement some more.

Team
P-Sign Graphics Studio (Everything but Spriting)
Renekokkie (OW-Spriting)
Something-Memorable (Spriting)

Ollyheid (Beta Testing and Trainer Lineart Design)
BvOBart (Beta Testing and probably Video Editing or something
=p.gif
)
iLifeLess (Beta Testing)

Achievements
None yet.

Support us

banner_deep_black__vast_white_by_pokemondeepbalance-d3jhasu.png

banner_leaf_blade_by_pokemondeepbalance-d3jhlbu.png

banner_blazing_dragon_by_pokemondeepbalance-d3jhlgm.png

banner_aqua_samurai_by_pokemondeepbalance-d3jhlks.png

Credits
Dewitty
Alacus
Chimcharsfireworkd
Kyledove
Alistair
the_english_kiwi
Calisprojects.com
minorthreat
Poccil and Flameguru
Luka Sj
Cybersam & Astro_Mech
Alexandre
CNG
Help-14
CollosalPokemon
Wichu
FL
KitsuneKouta
venom12
Crystal_the_3chidna
erma96
Spaceemotion
Zetavares852
Giga-tom
b00mx-big

This credits list isn't complete yet, it will be updated. Did I forget you? Please tell me!

Download

Beta 1.3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30574107/Pokemon Deep Balance.zip

Bugs
Unable to catch Pokémon, I will fix this ASAP.
Some Pokémon sprites aren't positioned/resized correctly

Team Recruitment

I'm looking for a few people wanting to help me.
I need:
Componists
Scripters
Spriters

Mappers and Eventers aren't needed, as I'm already quite experienced at mapping and eventing.

The download is updated too, you can download beta 1.3 right now.

Last edited:
Years
This game looks really good, graphics-wise, although there are a couple things that bother me. As Cilerba said, your mapping could improve. Inthis screenshot, you may want to add some variety to the houses shown, the fact that they had the same colors and all bothered me a bit. While I don't mind that you've used edited sprites, you could always go the extra mile and make it less obvious that they came from official sprites, like not having Zolux's head look like Luxray's. Finally, you may want to watch the position of some of the sprites in the battle system. In this screen, Rick would look better if he wasn't at the very back of the patch of grass, and in here, Cherubi is far too close to Oshawott's HP Bar. Other than that, this is certainly an impressive game and I wish you luck in developing it.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
This game looks really good, graphics-wise, although there are a couple things that bother me. As Cilerba said, your mapping could improve. Inthis screenshot, you may want to add some variety to the houses shown, the fact that they had the same colors and all bothered me a bit.
I've remapped the whole city, and there's a slight reduction in the amount of houses right now.While I don't mind that you've used edited sprites, you could always go the extra mile and make it less obvious that they came from official sprites, like not having Zolux's head look like Luxray's. There aren't Fakemon in this game anymore since, like, two months ago or something xD Finally, you may want to watch the position of some of the sprites in the battle system. In this screen, Rick would look better if he wasn't at the very back of the patch of grass, and in here, Cherubi is far too close to Oshawott's HP Bar. I'm still working on this. But actually, I'm just lazy and since repositioning everything is pretty boring, I'm constantly delaying it.Other than that, this is certainly an impressive game and I wish you luck in developing it.

Answers in bold, thank you for your criticism :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2017
wow games looks great. you seem to really want to finish this and i cant wait to play it.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Update Time!
Yay.

Cover Art:
Spoiler:

Pokedex:
Spoiler:

And lastly: