• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Snap on Wii U

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
If there was a Pokemon Snap for Nintendo Wii U would you buy it? I probably would, I really enjoyed Pokemon Snap on the Nintendo 64 and am surprised GameFreak hasn't tried making a sequel on another major console besides the Nintendo 64. We could use the Wii U Gamepad as a camera and share pictures with friends. What are your guys' opinions?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Yup! I definitely would, because I missed out on playing Pokemon Snap the first time and everyone seems to be talking about how great it was. I'm sure if I didn't like it, though, my brother would, since he likes photography and Pokemon.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Every time one of these threads comes around it toys with my heart only to break it into a million pieces.

ShiningHelioptile

Powered by Netflix
Years
I thought this thread was gonna say it was announced for the Wii U and boy was I disappointed.

But yes, I would buy it. I had the game on the Wii for a bit, but then it stopped working (not sure why) so I don't it anymore. I don't think I ever completed the game so it would be lovely to finally do that.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Aw man, it wasn't announced :( false hope.

Yes I would buy it and love it and care for it. I want to throw poisonous gas at Mew. But seriously, an HD remake would make me excited also.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 23, 2015
YES. I absolutely loved playing PKMN snap. I got it through the wii's shop and always wanted more pokemon. It frustrated me how there wasn't even all the Kanto pokemon in the game.

I would love to see what they could do with over 700 pokemon today. I would love trying to take pictures of Celebi, Victini, and all those other small legendaries similar to how you "battle" Mew. I'd also like to take pictures of more powerful legendaries. I want pictures of Arceus…

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I definitely would. Pokémon Snap was one of my most favorite spin-offs (back when it was still new and actively-played), and being able to relive it in 3D graphics better general gameplay (could you imagine how fun it would be to capture pictures with gamepad?) would simply be fantastic!

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I don't own a Wii U, but I would consider buying one for a game like this (and then I could get a few other games, too). I really enjoyed the first Snap, though it was far too short, and didn't include enough Pokemon. I would really like to see a version that includes all of the Pokemon and a lot more areas to visit.

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
i think that pokemon snap on the wii u would definitely improve the controls in the game, especially when taking particularly tough and exact pictures

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I absolutely loved Pokemon Snap for the N64. I would probably buy the Wii U just for that, and then capitalise on the console by buying all those other games I want.

I'd love to see the functionality they could add in with today's features for gaming:
Improved Graphics,
A ridiculous number of courses, with the possibility of releasing more via DLC,

I think they'd need to make an option between using the controls or the gyroscope function though, I hate the 3DS' face invaders (or whatever it's called) game.....

Genuinely, I believe that Nintendo are considering and toying with the idea, because surely they're aware of what the interwebs wants?

Back