• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2012
hey zel this is just an idea.....but i would really like for you to add a really strong kind of dark trainer...who would have legendary pokemons in lv100......i think this would be a good idea because it would give everybody an alternative way to train high level pokemon, instead of just beating the elite four over and over......

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Well wouldn't that be a bit hard with a dark trainer with level 100's...
I think it would be to hard and if he has level 100's on the normal version what level pokemon would he have on X? Also I think Zel has plans already for the 'strongest' trainer :)

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
Years
About the musics, just to say that I love all of them, I think they are very good remixes, save for a few things: the starting of Ecruteak's theme (it sounds low, when in the original sounded higher, but, well, it's not very important), the starting of the "wild poke" battle, which has a lot of percussion, and, well, Cherrygrove's theme sounds even worse with all the other remixes around XD

Can't wait for more. Good job, clonex.

About the Ecruteak: I made it in pattern with the RSE Ending/Credits so it sounds just like that (low pitch). I imagine Ecruteak City as calm but heavenly, so I did it that way. But I'm open for suggestions (anyone?).

The Wild Pokemon Battle: Maybe I just made the volume for the percussion a bit louder (by 100, the FR/LG Wild Poke Battle also has percussion if you mute Channel 4 in your emu).

I think zel has adjusted the volume for the Cherrygrove Theme (by birthofdna or Magnius, only zel knows who's who) so expect it to be fine in B6.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 16, 2009
Hey Zel I love your work on this hack.
Keep up the good work.
I can't wait to see the final hack.
Nintendo's got nothing on you.

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
Years
A bit of a progress report on my walkthrough. At the moment I'm kinda busy with school so I can't update the walkthrough much. I'll have holidays around June so I'll update it then.
The levels are accurate as far as B5 goes, I stopped at Saffron partly because noone was going to read my site, and I can't really update it right now.
The levels and movesets are accurate, I doublechecked with PET. If I have something wrong feel free to drop me a PM and I'll try to fix the issue.

Zel, I feel that even SGX is too easy <--- kill me
From around Goldenrod onwards, everything just seemed like a cakewalk for me. Even some of the Kanto trainers with level ~75 pokemon could be beaten by my team around level 60. I would support an increase in levels, preferably reaching 100 around the end of the game.

bobpickle

Beginner Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
Hey I lurk alot of this forum, just wanted to say thanks to Zel, I have played and enjoyed all of the betas for this hack and am officially hooked!

Cant wait for the next beta, you are doing such a great job on it

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2012
Well wouldn't that be a bit hard with a dark trainer with level 100's...
I think it would be to hard and if he has level 100's on the normal version what level pokemon would he have on X? Also I think Zel has plans already for the 'strongest' trainer :)

yeah, i know...but there's just a certain point where you have all of these legendaries around lv70's and it's just really boring to train them by just beating the elite four over and over,besides you'll have legendaries of your own,so i think it'll be fair.i was thinking of this battle of being optional, and only after you have unlocked certain things.

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2008
Zel, I'll wait till you need me. Im kinda a graphics-whore, so I need the full visual experience when I'm playing. However, this is, after all, a beta, so I shouldn't complain. Since I'm bored, i'll make a Falkner and Morty overworld sprite.

Edit: I can use ANY colors as long as it's 16 colors total?

~Gary

Pokemon Hacker
Years
Fence, the videoes are incredible, every time better this one the hack, it(he,she) follows(continues) this way that I am sure that the thread 6 is going to be brilliant
I wait for images, luck
bye!

choatix

Choatix
Years
  • UK
  • Seen May 1, 2022
More questions:
What remixes have you got, and what remixes are going to be in B6?
Where are you up to?
What pokemon are going to unobtainable as of B6?

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2008
I just bought the M3 DS real perfect pakage and I have been running everything fine. I have one problem with one GBA game.
I am trying to place Pokemon Shiny Gold (Firred hack) on the M3, but it loads up to the GBA screen and freezes(where it says GB and the nintendo is blurred like when u have a dirty game in the GBA). I've played 3 other hacks and many other games with no problem, but I just have a problems with this one, Any Ideas on how to fix this?

~CyberKitsune09~

Proud Tails fan!
Years
I just bought the M3 DS real perfect pakage and I have been running everything fine. I have one problem with one GBA game.
I am trying to place Pokemon Shiny Gold (Firred hack) on the M3, but it loads up to the GBA screen and freezes(where it says GB and the nintendo is blurred like when u have a dirty game in the GBA). I've played 3 other hacks and many other games with no problem, but I just have a problems with this one, Any Ideas on how to fix this?

You need to fix the rom's header in order for the BIOS to boot it, google "GBA Header fix" For more info.

Also, Hackers (Like Zel) Should download a GBA BIOS To test if it boots or not before making a IPS.... Sometimes after alot of hacking, the header will become corrupt, leaving the Rom Un-Bootable on a device without a header fix. So people (Like Zel) Should check if the Header need a fix or not before relasing the IPS patch.

Good Luck!
-~cpuDuDe08~-

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2011
i cant tell u how fun shiny gold is. i managed to get shiny gold on my emulator which I have on my Sony PSP....so now it's on the go

Back