• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hey Zel thanks for making things clear for most people, and im sure youll get up to past Kanto,

And for the new region, i agree that it should be from the unknown region of your character, perhaps you can use the sevii islands? unless you are using them for something, and one more suggestion.. i think your character should also have some new pokemon, like for example, instead of fighting the hero with a weak squirtle (which also makes us wonder, how did he get there without dying from the pokemon in the wild), it should be like, a lv.5 Munchlax or something, if you could do it, and if you DO put new pokemon, make them restricted to you, because it would make the hero eager to travel to your unknown region, and want to battle you more,

sorry, i just have soo much ideas, and i have no idea how to script.. if i knew how to, man id make a really good game, eheh.. im also good at mapping, even tho im a newb at it, lol,

This is off topic, but ill show a pic of route 1 that i changed:
PokemonFireRedRoute1MOD.jpg

i hope it worked!

One last question.. can i add you to my friend's list?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, I finally understood which trainer DarkArcz was refering to. (a NPC wearing some brown shirt, not?) Yeah, the reason why it mysteriously appears is something out of my control. It's because of something about the conection between maps. The only thing I could do to prevent it is to move the NPCs a few tiles away, so they'd appear normally. However, doing so would mean that I'm not respecting their positions as in the original Gold. Everything this means that I wont change them, so they'll keep on appearing "magically".
Oh, and about Carlos dissapearing, I've already fiexed that.

To put Sudo I need to change a sprite, I need to know if there's a poke unnused or something else, so I'll wait a while.

And I'm using the islands to build Johto, as I dont want to touch Kanto (if there's ever a new region, I'll have to add new maps, I suppose). And I dont want to add new pokes (there's plenty hacks with new pokes, so if you want to catch or battle them, I'd suggest to play them)
On a side note, battling with a weak Squirtle doesn't mean that Squirtle is my only poke at the beggining. (probably I have something else from that region which knows Surf, and once in Johto I'll send that to the PC)

ssj

Kanto Legend
Years
This hack is amazing scripting must be hard maybe you should add in a town from the orre region(pokemon colusseum and XD).

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Animating?:\

It would have to be a common poke, I don't want to touch legendaries since I want to have them. I'm not planning to replace any poke yet, so wait a bit for any OW contribution, thanks anyway.

I'm going back into scripting, which is what I really enjoy doing. See ya later!

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
hey brother your if that you enjoy the good pleasures script just as I it follows thus you go very well exelente diria I

hey hermano tu si que gozas los buenos placeres del script igual que yo sigue asi vas muy bien exelente diria yo

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
Perhaps you could use the Doduo OW for Sudowoodo?
Great job with the scripts, I'm amazed at the accuracy of each event! (I have noticed a few problems, though, i.e. when Earl spins around, so do you o.O) Good luck finishing, zel!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Wow, there haven't been posts lately...
Anyway, in case you wondered I'm still at Ecruteak (it's taking me more than expected). However I only have few work to finish it (I've already done the Gym and the Burned Tower. I love the event with the legendary dogs, or whatever you name'em), so the heavy part of Ecrutak is done. That means today I'll finish it and start with the Routes to Olivine (which, hopefully will need less time)

Perhaps you could use the Doduo OW for Sudowoodo?
Great job with the scripts, I'm amazed at the accuracy of each event! (I have noticed a few problems, though, i.e. when Earl spins around, so do you o.O) Good luck finishing, zel!

Thanks for the comments, I really want my scripts to be as close as possible. And about the Earl thing, I did it on purpose, cause I thought I would be funny... :D

Years
Ya zel, your doing better then prolly anyone expected, and were all behind you every step of the way,

btw do you have a banner supporting your rom? I would love to support it, lol

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
Bellsprout Tower looks great! I suggest you use thesame tiles for burned tower - with a slight edit and the one with Ho-oh

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Hey, out of curiosity, are you gonna put the Time Machine in.

I know it can't serve any usefullness, but just have it there to serve as a bit of nostalgia.

Actually, if it ain't there, then what's Bill gonna fix?

Enrico Marini

Resident Evil Hacker
Years
Actually, if it ain't there, then what's Bill gonna fix?

The R/S trade system. That would work as a plot filler.

Nice hack Zel. I'm enjoying playing the beta through. :) Keep up the good work!

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
I don't think so. Any Time Machine would need a LOT of scripting work, and as the game stands right now, you start out with the National Dex, so it's always possible to trade to any of FR/LG/R/S/E.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
No, I never said that you'd be able to use it ... but just to have it there, for decoration really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back