• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you catch and use Drifloon?

Ruben967

Lights they blind me
Years
I caught it but didn't use it my first run. I'm using it on my current Ghost Monotype though <-<

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Never bothered to catch it in my D, P and Pt version! I just never happened to play the game on a Friday! I imagine I would have just boxed it however...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 19, 2013
I never knew in the past that it appears there on Friday. I had used Drifloon before like in main team but never in Sinnoh though. More people should give a chance for the little guy, it becomes a great mighty wall when it evolves.

Years
I caught the Drifloon in Platinum, but I'd already pre-planned my party at that point (one of the few times I actually have), so I just sent it to the PC to collect dust. I found that Drifblim was pretty useful on my White 2 run, though, so if I ever play through Platinum again, I'll probably end up using it.

Calem

Water Pokemon Master
Years
Am i the only one to add Drifloon to my Team??, Drifloon was actually Stronger as i expected. Back then i don't really know much about Pokemon Platinum/Ruby/Pearl and i just Pick any Wild Pokemon i ecountered :P, so i picked Drifloon (Because i thought it was some kind of Rare and Strong Pokemon) but it turned out it really are great. Drifloon now evolved to Drifblim and i defeated the Elite 4 using Drifblim,Empoleon,Staravia and the other 3 ( i don't really remember it).

PS.Don't Judge Pokemon By Looks :D
426.gif

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
Oh my Arceus I wanted too! I thought it was so cool and mysterious! I went every Friday to the Windworks, but i never saw it. Turns out my DS time was wrong so I was going every Sunday instead of Friday. Sad, sad child...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I did! Drifloon and Drifblim have always been big favourites of mine so it was no contest in choosing whether or not to use them - they're really quirky Pokémon with very unique typings and some very interesting techniques to use. They're not the best Pokémon out there, but they compete well with most tiers of Pokémon and can offer some very surprising set-ups with the right support, so their diversity and charm have always been a big factor for me. I actually happened to get the Drifloon as shiny one time, so she became my partner and I named her Floony - good times!

Years
I caught and immediately boxed the thing. It was cute but I just never bothered trying to raise it for some reason. :'<

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I really like it when they make pokemon a bit tricky to encounter, like this. :P

I didn't use Drifloon, because I wanted to use Gengar.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Caught it, boxed it.
I did later soft reset for a shiny one, though.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I spent quite a while trying to figure out when Drifloon appeared, so yes I did catch and train it after then. Never saw another one again haha.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I caught her, and used her. Trained her until Lv. 40 or something like that, but then I put her in the PC in favour of Bronzor.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I caught it and I tried using it once but for some reason it didn't work out for me and thus I ended up switching it out for another Pokemon. Maybe one day I'll give it another try but until then... :'(

Back