• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Palladium

Which tiles should I use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2012
so i got in my first battle with my rival and noticed chamanders "M" in his name is a little screwy ...?

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
so i got in my first battle with my rival and noticed chamanders "M" in his name is a little screwy ...?

It's because it's all de-capitalized. So the font is a little weird.

wait, so theres a part in beta 2 I miss if I dont do beta one?

Yes, but it's a very small event. It has nothing to do with the storyline or anything. It's just a little extra something for the people that took the time out to beat the extra gym in beta one.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2012
Hey, on my way to Marl Cave I ran into a wild ????????. It looked like two giant question marks. Also, when I walked into the Shorea Path Pokemon Center my screen turned into a mass of inescapable pixels.

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
Hey, on my way to Marl Cave I ran into a wild ????????. It looked like two giant question marks. Also, when I walked into the Shorea Path Pokemon Center my screen turned into a mass of inescapable pixels.

Make sure that you're are patching it to a clean Firered ROM. If this doesn't work try using the other patch. If that doesn't work try using a different Firered ROM.

dbzmay

Advanced Adventure
Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2019
Your hack is really well thought out an executed in my opinion. But, I think the tiles are a bit on the bright side, and the battle screen can use some work. Otherwise, its well done.

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
PokemonDemo15.png

Is that a recyclable bin? I think you mean Recycling bin.

I'm gonna download this now :D Looks like fun.

And, can I use this as a ROM Base? I'll give you credits.
I like the tiles :D

To patch with IPS, or APS... Why did you have to give me a choice?

EDIT: I found an error.

2w32ufq.png

If you talk to her from this side, she faces the other way.

When they battle starts

Last edited:

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016

Is that a recyclable bin? I think you mean Recycling bin.

I'm gonna download this now :D Looks like fun.

And, can I use this as a ROM Base? I'll give you credits.
I like the tiles :D

To patch with IPS, or APS... Why did you have to give me a choice?

EDIT: I found an error.

If you talk to her from this side, she faces the other way.

When they battle starts

Thanks for pointing out the errors. And feel free to use my hack as a base for your hack. Just remember that I didn't make any of the tiles, so be sure to give credits to the correct people.

Nice Hack you got there FireShock! I can't believe it's already
on Beta 2! Hope it goes well!

Can't wait for the Updates! Good Luck FireShock! :)

Thanks!

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
I really like the tiles,but the tiles you didn't change well.....look out of place.
like the water tiles.

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
Thanks for pointing out the errors. And feel free to use my hack as a base for your hack. Just remember that I didn't make any of the tiles, so be sure to give credits to the correct people.

Thanks!
Okay, cool. Who are the correct people?
I'm also gonna play this soon, I might find some bugs again.

EDIT:
Kyledove
Onyx79
Cirnos Servant
Wesley FG
Are they the correct people?

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
FireShock, do you have your tiles on a clean ROM base? Would any of the creators of it, have a clean one?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
FireShock, do you have your tiles on a clean ROM base? Would any of the creators of it, have a clean one?
Just to let you know, I'm pretty sure fireshock used a rombase with these tiles somewhere in the Rom Hacking Resources.

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016

Chrunch is correct, but there are things I added. Like my status box, the indoor tiles, and a few other things. Anyway, the ROM base is "Project Orange" I believe. You can find it in the Rom Hacking Resources. You will also find the list of credits for it.

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
Chrunch is correct, but there are things I added. Like my status box, the indoor tiles, and a few other things. Anyway, the ROM base is "Project Orange" I believe. You can find it in the Rom Hacking Resources. You will also find the list of credits for it.
Ahh... Thank you!

*Goes to Rom Hacking Resources*

EDIT: I couldn't find a Project Orange... :/ Theres a Project Mustang but it's for Ruby.

Is this one it? http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4156287&postcount=146

It looks like it has the same pallete as yours.

Last edited:

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2016

"Wild MissignNo. appeared!"

Anyway, I'll check out the Beta now :3

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Can you guys take off-topic discussions outside of this thread, please. I appreciate you're trying help someone but this just clutters up the thread; please deal with it in VMs or PMs. Thank you!

monkeyandhead

I didn't train to be a Pilot.
Years
Man I can't believe my rombase is still going around from when I made it (yea, i'm Cirnos Servant). I really recommend inserting your own original tiles and experimenting with graphics on a different rom until you find the perfect match, then insert them into this game. The rombase is so overused these days that it would just be better to.

Just a suggestion.

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
Man I can't believe my rombase is still going around from when I made it (yea, i'm Cirnos Servant). I really recommend inserting your own original tiles and experimenting with graphics on a different rom until you find the perfect match, then insert them into this game. The rombase is so overused these days that it would just be better to.

Just a suggestion.
Well I fail at inserting Tiles, so I looked for a ROM base. And this one seemed pretty cool.

Back