• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Square-Enix Fan Club

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
Years
Wow.....very complicated! i must just say that!
Is it really?

lol ya crys never halfasses it :P always the complicated one xD

(also seems to be enjoying that KH font i got her :P)

btw if anyone wants the Kingdom Hearts style font for whatever reason, you can get it at:

www.dafont.com
they have basically whatever kind of fonts u could want :P
I try not to half-ass things, although I could probably improve the Wiimote control scheme.
I figured that the KH Font would be appropriate considering what it was for.

Not calling it a classic, but if they release games on the Wii it would definitely take down the authenticity of the product name. Also so far the core KH games have been sony exclusive and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Unlike Final Fantasies, Kingdom Hearts has a continuing storyline, which would make it a lot less likely to release on another system other then PS3. Also the the KH team seems to enjoy making exclusive sony titles, are they not the ones creating FF13 Versus? I think it is rather unlikely for KH3 to come out on anything other then the PS3. Sony is finally catching up in sales and by the time KH3 is out it will be close to the top, if not the top system. This will only promote keeping KH3 exclusive.

Also, not everyone has gamecube controllers or classic controllers. If you are like me, you invested money in four Wiimotes and the other accessories. I am kinda tired of buying controllers for that system. The wii won't get KH3 for sure, and the only system that would make any sense hardware wise would be the Xbox but that is still very unlikely.
How would it take away the authenticity? I don't quite understand that. Its not like re-releasing the Final Fantasy 1,2,4,5,6, and Chrono Trigger on the PSone when they were originally on NES & SNES repectively. I'm still unsure if versus XIII is even being released overseas. Remember that XIII is only being released on 360 overseas, so if they announce versus XIII, it may be released on the 360 as well. I also fail to see how a continuing storyline means that it will be PS3 only. While I'm sure it will be released on PS3, I think its equally likely that it will also be on the 360. Continuing storylines constanly crossover to other systems. CoM & 358/2 Days on the GBA & DS to name two in the KH series and MegaMan X to name another series from another company. I know that the Wii won't get KHIII, that'd be ridiculus to think, but having KHI & II ports could happen. Its hardware is higher than the PS2's, we may even get the Final Mixes if it happens.

Yeah, I know not everyone does. They could package the game with a classic controller if they don't include a Wiimote Control Scheme. Alternatively, they're only $10 new and old GCN controllers are sold at most places for $10 or under. I still believe Kingdom Hearts I & II ports for the Wii are great ideas if they ever come to be. I'm sure there are people who played Chain of Memories and soon will play 358/2 Days but either don't have a PS2, or don't want to buy a system for only 2-3 games (I know a few people who spent $600 on a PS3 for only one or two games, like my friend who bought it for Disgaea 3 only).

I support multiconsole releases as they increase the amount of potential sales and increase the possibility of creating more fans of a series.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Unfortunately, the Nintendo KH games... kind of aren't. They may be my favourites in the series so far, but really, Chain of Memories was set up so that you didn't actually need to know what transpired to enjoy the proper sequel to KH1. If you played it, great, you have more backstory and some things in KH2 make a little more sense. If you didn't play it, that's okay. It doesn't detract from the experience you have with KH2 and Sora's just as clueless as you are.

KH 358/2 Days is a retconned prequel so... yeah, it's pretty much the same thing. It's nice to know some more details but it won't be at all required to enjoy the main games. Same with BBS, I would assume.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
Years
Unfortunately, the Nintendo KH games... kind of aren't. They may be my favourites in the series so far, but really, Chain of Memories was set up so that you didn't actually need to know what transpired to enjoy the proper sequel to KH1. If you played it, great, you have more backstory and some things in KH2 make a little more sense. If you didn't play it, that's okay. It doesn't detract from the experience you have with KH2 and Sora's just as clueless as you are.

KH 358/2 Days is a retconned prequel so... yeah, it's pretty much the same thing. It's nice to know some more details but it won't be at all required to enjoy the main games. Same with BBS, I would assume.
Yes, well that may be, it doesn't mean that they aren't important, let alone less authentic somehow. For instance, if you hadn't played through CoM, you'd have no idea who Namine was or why Sora & the gang were in pods. You'd also be confused as to why Organization XIII had just about half of their number or why King Mickey & Riku were in Organization Cloaks. The thing about 358/2 Days, coded, and Birth by Sleep is that Tetsuya Nomura, the game's director, said that each reveal or foreshadow important things that are set to be in KHIII, just as CoM did for KHII.

Cherrim

Years
I never said they weren't important or effective, I just said they weren't required in the least. I have a few friends who played KH2 without having played COM and they were fine. One friend didn't even want to hear what happened in COM because "the opening vid for KH2 was good enough". I may not agree, since I think each game is worthwhile and should be played to flesh out the story but... like I said, you really aren't missing anything huge without the games. (When the main character is more or less brainwashed into believing the entire contents of a game never happened? ...yeah, the game isn't "required reading" if you will.)

:( Which all sucks because I think COM is the best game in the series, lmao.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
my favorite is the second.its the only one i actually own, and feautures Roxas. Roxas is like, awesome i mean seriously. ive also heard about a rumor of Kingdom Hearts 3 for Wii that takes place in the Keyblade War. You see i preview of it in the Kingdom Hearts 2 Secret Ending.You must beat the game in Normal Mode (not, Beginner!Not Expert!Normal!) too see it. If u wanna be lazy like me watch it on some website like YouTube, XD

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
Years
This seems like a wonderful thread to be in for me. I am just about to start the game over again, and I was wondering what your guys's opinion is of the best level to be before leaving Destiny Islands.

Reina

pandasaur!
Years
Hey, can I join? D: I just got Re: Chain of Memories, and I love it like the other games <3

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
I alreadyjoin the social group i just wanna be on the mem ber list

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
Years
my favorite is the second.its the only one i actually own, and feautures Roxas. Roxas is like, awesome i mean seriously. ive also heard about a rumor of Kingdom Hearts 3 for Wii that takes place in the Keyblade War. You see i preview of it in the Kingdom Hearts 2 Secret Ending.You must beat the game in Normal Mode (not, Beginner!Not Expert!Normal!) too see it. If u wanna be lazy like me watch it on some website like YouTube, XD
The game that is shown in the secret ending of Kingdom Hearts II is actually Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep for the PSP, which takes place 10 years before Kingdom Hearts. The trailer shown in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix is part of the ending of the game, or so it was said to be.

I alreadyjoin the social group i just wanna be on the mem ber list
The Social Group is separate to this Fan Club, I'm not even on the Social Group. Anyway, welcome to the club.

~Member List Update~

Cherrim

Years
Mmm.... you can see the secret ending in any mode above normal. :| It actually takes less effort to see it in Expert than Normal. The secret ending is standard fare and doesn't hint to any console at all so idk where you're getting the Wii thing from. :[

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
Years
This isn't much of a post, but rumor has it that Kingdom Hearts coded may be headed for the PSP after each of its episodes are released in a similar manner to Final Fantasy IV: The After Years getting on WiiWare and Final Fantasy Agito XIII, originally planned as a cell phone game, heading for the PSP instead.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
Years
I got some news!......Oh yeah spoiler tags!
Spoiler:

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
Years
I got some news!......Oh yeah spoiler tags!
Spoiler:
Aww, that is sad news. You never know though, things could change. We have a while before Birth by Sleep is released and Kingdom Hearts III hasn't even been started, as far as we know, negotiations could happen some time.

lolwut

Too cute for you
Years
I really hope it does change then, her music for the games has been amazing.

Anyways i just started a new game on kh2 so i guess i wont be AS bored as i normally am xD.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
Years
I really hope it does change then, her music for the games has been amazing.

Anyways i just started a new game on kh2 so i guess i wont be AS bored as i normally am xD.
Funny you should say that, I started new games in Final Fantasy VI Advance & Final Fantasy VII on my PSP so I wouldn't be bored waiting for Dissidia Final Fantasy to release..along with eventually beating my Proud Mode file in Kingdom Hearts II.

Back