• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, answer to AMD's Radeon RX 480

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Here you go, another Tech Report article on the announcement and launch details.

Kind of funny how graphics card power basically gets the price cut in half about every two years or so, and there's always something to make use of it. This should be a very safe option for most PC gamers to pick if there's not much in the way of the budget - and it should be gentler on other requirements, too.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Here's hoping it's actually, you know, possible to get. Unlike the 1070.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Here's hoping it's actually, you know, possible to get. Unlike the 1070.

Supply shortages and markup are plaguing the 1070 and 1080 at the moment. That much is certain.

It seems like NVIDIA is pretty confident in getting things out of the door this time though. No delay for custom versions should bode well for launch availability and pricing. (makes sense, as it's half a 1080, chip-wise, and should be easier to manufacture, alongside older RAM tech, and a need to compete with the AMD RX 480 8GB.)

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
I got a 980ti hybrid right now so I'm going to be waiting for a bigger upgrade than these cards. These look like they're cards that are just tapping a little of the power of the architecture so I'm sure something that blows these out of the water will come in a year or two.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
GG AMD, I guess? Expecting these cards to sell like hotcakes now. That's assuming it ends up panning out.

Spoiler:

I got a 980ti hybrid right now so I'm going to be waiting for a bigger upgrade than these cards. These look like they're cards that are just tapping a little of the power of the architecture so I'm sure something that blows these out of the water will come in a year or two.

A 1080 Ti is probably going to happen sooner or later once yields are better and supplies aren't as tight as things are right now.

Back