• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey: TCA

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
I do really hope you stick with this project =p. Pokémon TCG was probably one of my favorite games on gb over all. I just loved how it was fun to build my own deck and to defeat the fat professor guy xD. Good luck with that!

Waudby

I do really hope you stick with this project =p. Pokémon TCG was probably one of my favorite games on gb over all. I just loved how it was fun to build my own deck and to defeat the fat professor guy xD. Good luck with that!

Thanks for the comment ~JV~, I will stick with the project. Yeah deck building was always good just so you can try and beat everyone really easily.

We're working on more to show next update about how we will integrate this into the world of the game as well.

It should put people's minds to rest about a few things :)

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Great idea and nice project.

I would love to play this game, I never played the TCG in real live but I played the GB game (my brother has it). I think it's a nice change to have a TCG fan game.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Crap, sorry, I shouldn't of said you were trying to act elite, that's pretty elite of me to say that lol.
But I know you understood my point.
These people are the people who will play your game and I told ya on msn what line annoyed me.
Everyone gets wound up and it's easy to lash out (pretty much like what I did by saying your acting elite lol) but just take a minute to think over what you want to say. Your trying to impress people here, not disappoint them.

Waudby

Crap, sorry, I shouldn't of said you were trying to act elite, that's pretty elite of me to say that lol.
But I know you understood my point.
These people are the people who will play your game and I told ya on msn what line annoyed me.
Everyone gets wound up and it's easy to lash out (pretty much like what I did by saying your acting elite lol) but just take a minute to think over what you want to say. Your trying to impress people here, not disappoint them.

Haha yeah I get what you mean. I just lol'ed at the acting elite thing haha. I thought I said it but what I meant wasn't disappointing them, but proving that the game could be done, so I look forward to disproving not disappointing lol.

I think we should all start acting ELITE!! it's fun hahaha.

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2009
This sounds like a mixture of yugioh and pokemon... and it sounds pretty promising. I've gotta ask, though, how do you come up with these things?

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Wow

I only played the 1st TCG on Gameboy and still have it and play when I have the urge :D
It was a game like no other, a very refreshing change from the other PokéGames(Like how Mystery Dungeon Blue was to me(Just something new))

Sure most people won't spend much time on Pc games but this is a game where you can open, play a few matches and save and close again, simple enough really.

In D/P/P, R/S/E, can you not have the choice of doing Pokémon Contests ?(Personally instead of having to beat the Gym for a HM to work or to get somewhere, winning a contest would have also worked, shame they didn't consider this)

Just open your minds a little bit, so you suck at playing cards, I know I'm not the greatest TCG player but it's still fun as it's a challenge whereas Pokémon isn't;

Pokémon games I just chuck on my Kadabra/Alakazam and wipe the floor with anything in my way except for those unfortunate times and even then something else steps in, you cannot do this with TCG so it's an element of unknown :D

All cards are a little unrealistic tho Waudby, maybe do it in Episodes :P a 151 Card Deck(Excluding different card copies) 1st and etc...

Good luck on this :)

Waudby

Will the game look like a normal pokemon game outside of battle, or will you make it different?

Well because it's TCG we can't really have Wild Pokémon Cards attacking in long grass :P so we've had to change it around.

The world that this is based in is a bit more like the real world, there are no Pokémon, they are just fiction.

There will lots of different ways to make some money so that you can buy new cards and decks. We're trying to make the storyline as shocking as possible and we think you'll like some of the ideas we've thrown around in the last few days.

You'll be able to fish for real fish, dig up buried treasures and do a number of other minigames to earn you money.

We're aiming for this to be quite easy to just pick up and play but it will still be the TCG that the hardcore fans know and love.

This sounds like a mixture of yugioh and pokemon... and it sounds pretty promising. I've gotta ask, though, how do you come up with these things?

Well the TCG has been a huge part of the Pokémon franchise for years now. So we just thought we'd try something a little bit different than what most fan games do.

Wow

I only played the 1st TCG on Gameboy and still have it and play when I have the urge :D
It was a game like no other, a very refreshing change from the other PokéGames(Like how Mystery Dungeon Blue was to me(Just something new))

Sure most people won't spend much time on Pc games but this is a game where you can open, play a few matches and save and close again, simple enough really.

In D/P/P, R/S/E, can you not have the choice of doing Pokémon Contests ?(Personally instead of having to beat the Gym for a HM to work or to get somewhere, winning a contest would have also worked, shame they didn't consider this)

Just open your minds a little bit, so you suck at playing cards, I know I'm not the greatest TCG player but it's still fun as it's a challenge whereas Pokémon isn't;

Pokémon games I just chuck on my Kadabra/Alakazam and wipe the floor with anything in my way except for those unfortunate times and even then something else steps in, you cannot do this with TCG so it's an element of unknown :D

All cards are a little unrealistic tho Waudby, maybe do it in Episodes :P a 151 Card Deck(Excluding different card copies) 1st and etc...

Good luck on this :)

Yeah the cards are still being worked on, they're place holders until the bulk of the work is finished, it's a bit difficult to do cards on top of doing all the systems necessary as well, but yeah they will be changed to something better looking :D

Thanks for the encouragement.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 8, 2009
this game will be awesome, if you need help, I can make some artwork for the cards.
I'll be waiting for the demo :)

Waudby

Someone referred this game in my thread. I am impressed you are making a card game. This definitely constitutes as something significant!

Well done and please keep up the good work!

Out of curiosity, I think it would be cool if you use a batch job to generate card versions of the Pokemon. As Neo said, 250 is a lot if you're doing it by hand.

Good luck!

Yeah we were going to do this, however we have decided to steer away from the Mystery Dungeon sprites to appeal to the card collectors out there.

A preview of the card artwork may be available to view later today.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
This looks really good wauby. Cant wait to see what else you can do with this.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Hey Waudby question. Would later on for special events or something would you be handing out special edition card packs for download if someone wins and such? And would you be considering the addition of online battles?

Waudby

Hey Waudby question. Would later on for special events or something would you be handing out special edition card packs for download if someone wins and such? And would you be considering the addition of online battles?

The online battles will be part of the game.

As for the special cards there will be certain events that will add new cards to the game etc.

Years
oh wow this looks great!

You have a lot of challenges because it isn't set in the pokemon world, but you can also have a lot of neat things.

Would be pretty cool seeing the users buy some pokemon merchandise in the shops, (just like decorations in the main games)

Or TV shows playing the pokemon anime,

Or bookshelves containing the pokemon manga,

Or people playing pokemon games on their DSi

cannot wait to see what you do with this Wuadby :)

Waudby

logo.png

Another update...Saturday, 22/04/2009

I said the other day that I will update with the new look for the cards. And now I'm ready to show 5 cards and revealed one of the Starter Deck lists.

I'd like to say a really big thanks to Kyledove and Riceeman for some superb work. Kyle designed the new styled cards and also 4 of the 5 cards I'm going to show. So a massive thanks to Him and we hope for continued support :)

The new cards...

KarD.png

As you can see a massive step forward in the look of the cards. Trying to emulate the official cards as well as having a bit of our own flare there. The Dirfloon was designed and sprited by Riceeman which I then edited slightly. Hopefully the cards will please the avid card collectors out there.

It would be obvious to say that the designing and spriting stage for the cards will undoubtedly delay release time and newer screen shots however we are working very hard on getting as much done in a short time whilst still upholding a good level of quality.

The Growth Spurt Deck...

• Vileplume x1
• Gloom x2
• Oddish x4
• Roserade x2
• Roselia x4
• Budew x2
• Carnivine x2
• Tangrowth x2
• Tangela x4
• Shroomish x2

• Potion x4
• Mum's Kindness x2
• Energy Search x2
• Energy Switch x2
• Switch x2

• Grass Energy x23

These starter decks are supposed to be highly customisable that's why the cards aren't overpowered. The next starter deck that will be revealed is the Tidal Surge deck.

Hopefully you've enjoyed this update and it has surprised you. We really can't wait to show you more of what we have in store but for now, you'll just have to wait :P

Until next time :D
~Waudby and Riceeman

Waudby

But...
Are you going to sprite every card in this game?

Thanks.

And yeah we're gonna sprite every card in the game, but we're going to do it as necessary, so for instance, the starter deck cards will be worked on before the first card leader etc.

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
Nice Work.
If you would like I could make some decks and stuff.
I can make really balanced ones as I have a couple of decks that are good.
This should be a nice game.I hope there is going to be a userbar for this game.

Back