• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I've search this thread for answer with no avail to my problem. I'm working on a hack and have inserted a plentiful maps into the game over existing ones such as Route 1, 2 and a few cities. My problem at hand is that the running shoes aren't working and yet, I've check all of the headers fifty times already. Is there any other way to fix this major bug in my game? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

When you bring up the header, hit Ctrl-H to change advance map to professional view.
Under "Map Options", Map Header, there'll be a horrible looking load of jibberish:
CC552E08C4A8710808BA7108F4293508230159006500020301060000 (Route 1)

Copy and paste the last 14 digits from that (^^^) over the last 14 digits of your new route maps in the map header.
This: 00020301060000

Then save and reload map (option on the header page).

This'll sort the problem straight away, trust me. And you'll need to do this to get the bike to work anyway!

Header types:
Route: 00020301060000
Village/Town/City: 00020101060000
Forest: 000B0301070000
Cave: 00000401070000
Gatehouse: 00000810020000
Rocket (Team) Hideout: 0000080007F*03 *3rd to last digit changes with floor! F=BF1, E=BF2, D=BF3, C=BF4
Silph Co.: 00000800070*00 *3rd to last digit changes with floor! 1=1st floor, 2=2nd floor etc
Pokemon Mansion Type inside: 000*0800070003 *Varies with map header. Not sure why.

That about covers it. :D

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
What number in unlz is the hero back sprite? the red one?

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
So, in random spots on my hack's maps, if I open the menu and go to a full screen menu (such as the pokedex), when I close said menu, I can not longer control the player sprite, but either nothing or in one case, the local cut tree! Why is this happening, and how can I fix it?

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
Years
Yeah have a problem tools like Ntme worked fine for me yesterday but today there saying "runtime error '50003'"
Can anyone explain what this means or how i can fix it?

mukkamukka

Elite Four Champion
Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Hey Guys,

How do i put what pokemon i want in it. I know that it is something like givepokemon 152 5 0. I know that is for chikorita. I want the other ones as well. So could somebody please give m ethe link to get it. Also the one for items if you can.

Cheers mukkamukka

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey Guys,

How do i put what pokemon i want in it. I know that it is something like givepokemon 152 5 0. I know that is for chikorita. I want the other ones as well. So could somebody please give m ethe link to get it. Also the one for items if you can.
I get your post as a request how to give player pokemon...

So let's get this straight.

givepokemon 152 5 0. I know that is for chikorita.
Okay first things first. This is NOT for giving Chikorita.
That way player get level 5 Solrock.
First number in command must be hex one. So the pokemon number must be also converted to hex. (For example Chikorita is number 152 what is in hex 98) so it must be givepokemon 0x98 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 (the last 3 0x0s are free space for giving)

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I get your post as a request how to give player pokemon...

So let's get this straight.

Okay first things first. This is NOT for giving Chikorita.
That way player get level 5 Solrock.
First number in command must be hex one. So the pokemon number must be also converted to hex. (For example Chikorita is number 152 what is in hex 98) so it must be givepokemon 0x98 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 (the last 3 0x0s are free space for giving)
No, that's wrong.
0x means in hex. So if we put 152 or 0x98, it's the same.

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
Years
Is there a way to set the EVs / IVs / Nature of a trainer's pokemon? As far as I know they are random and in the case of EVs, they have 0 across the board.

Would there also be a way to make the badge level limitations affect all pokemon? For example, unless you get the Poop badge traded pokemon over level 70 will disobey you. Is it possible to make all pokemon disobey you over that level? I'd imagine you have to force the game not to register you as the OT, or edit the badge's effects.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Nope, the only place in the game where trainers' Pokémon can have IVs/EVs is the Battle Tower. I guess you could try an ASM hack similar to HackMew's shiny hack (which allows trainers to have shinies).
The second one should be possible with ASM too.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
Totally ignored before. This is a big problem in my hack, as while playing the hack, I cannot remove the tree (it's blocking the path to the next city).

So, in random spots on my hack's maps, if I open the menu and go to a full screen menu (such as the pokedex), when I close said menu, I can not longer control the player sprite, but either nothing or in one case, the local cut tree! Why is this happening, and how can I fix it?

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
Change the tree's Movement type from Face down to No movement.

This worked, thank you. I don't know why it says "look down" in the original copies. Maybe it's a glitch when converting it to Amap. Anyway, now I have a new problem: game isn't registering that I have the badge for cut >.< Is the "allow cut" a flag or variable, or is it tied into each specific flag?

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
This worked, thank you. I don't know why it says "look down" in the original copies. Maybe it's a glitch when converting it to Amap. Anyway, now I have a new problem: game isn't registering that I have the badge for cut >.< Is the "allow cut" a flag or variable, or is it tied into each specific flag?
Set the second badge flag for Cut to work.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
Fixed the problem I had. Connections were overlapping, causing it to freeze.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
Is there a way to make all three starters come with different items? I want to make a hack with three Eevee starters with Thunder, Fire, and Water Stones respectively. If there's a tool that could let me do that, I'd rather that than a hex or script editor, but either way works. I just fail at scripting.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
Is there a way to make all three starters come with different items? I want to make a hack with three Eevee starters with Thunder, Fire, and Water Stones respectively. If there's a tool that could let me do that, I'd rather that than a hex or script editor, but either way works. I just fail at scripting.

Code:
givepokemon 0x4002 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
Thats the charmander pokeball script. The 3rd 0x is the item hex code. Put the hex code in that spot in the script.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
Code:
givepokemon 0x4002 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
Thats the charmander pokeball script. The 3rd 0x is the item hex code. Put the hex code in that spot in the script.
Now how do I use that? I don't know how to script and that sort of thing :(

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
Look up a pokemon scripting tutorial in the tutorial section. I recommend diegoisawesome's scripting tutorial. It's very useful. I still use it constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back