• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
With unavoidable changes to the peak of the games plots, why bother making them remakes then to begin with, instead of doing something new right away?.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
That's not entirely new though, it's just changing them so they could keep the basics of the originals(stopping the team that you continue to pursue) yet add in bits of Emerald to improve the overall story.

It's like how they say that they want to bring something new to the table, yet they don't want to completely mess with the memories of the old games. With RSE being the first to actually have more drastic changes, this could be the perfect timing to implement something like that is what I'm saying.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
I think the only real evidence we've got from B/W & B2W2 are the fact we can get shoal salt and I think the shoal shell too in B/W. In B2W2, I don't think there are hints towards pretty much anything other than the fact that the Pokemon World Tournament and Driftveil are plastered with emerald and green everywhere. Thats all I could get from B2W2.

So, I definitely do think the remakes will happen but I can't say that there is so much evidence solidifying it'll happen so soon. The only other thing I can come up with is my assumption on the other page that Hoenn will practically be completely unvisitable once they switch their main games the 3DS, but I wouldn't even say that means anything because they could just throw Hoenn in as a second region to a Gen VI game or something.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
If they don't make remakes for DS, they could easily make them for 3DS using slightly improved gen 5 engine reprogrammed for 3DS. True that it would make more sense to start 3DS with new generation, but gen 5 already broke the console pattern because of sharing the same platform with gen 4, so everything is possible now. After R/S remakes Game Freak could make completely new 3DS engine for gen 6.

Not much because they choose old pokemon on many factors, and what past generation they are from is probably the last thing they consider if they even do it.

I mean, for example they would put a Wingull in a game because there is locations where wild Wingulls just make sense, not because they want more gen 3 pokemon.

Not sure about that. Almost all of gens 1 and 2 Pokemon would make the same sense to be put in each game, so Game Freak had to choose which group should be featured more in each generation. They clearly focused on gen 1 Pokemon in R/S and on gen 2 Pokemon in D/P/Pt (all Unown forms and overall amount of gen 2 Pokemon in the wild, because of their new evolutions introduced in gen 4).

Now they put the most gen 3 Pokemon in B2/W2 pre-game. It looks like it's pattern of featuring Pokemon of each gen they plan to remake, meaning R/S remakes in gen 5.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
Years
I think the only real evidence we've got from B/W & B2W2 are the fact we can get shoal salt and I think the shoal shell too in B/W. In B2W2, I don't think there are hints towards pretty much anything other than the fact that the Pokemon World Tournament and Driftveil are plastered with emerald and green everywhere. Thats all I could get from B2W2.

Have you played B2W2 yet? If so, you must have noticed that the new areas in B2W2 have a Hoenn feel to them. I'd say the biggest hints would be the emeralds in PWT and Driftveil, Rebirth Cave, the route before Rebirth Cave, and the New town with the water Gym. They scream Hoenn.

Manganum

Your local sine wave
Years
If they don't make remakes for DS, they could easily make them for 3DS using slightly improved gen 5 engine reprogrammed for 3DS.

No. The 3DS engine is completely different from the DS. Yes, they could remake RSE using the DS engine, but then they would be (legally) forced to market the games under a dying console. BW2 will be the last Pokemon games made for the DS.

I have absolutely no doubt that they'll remake RSE, and I can guarantee you that I'll be the first out of every single person here to pre-preorder them.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
No. The 3DS engine is completely different from the DS. Yes, they could remake RSE using the DS engine, but then they would be (legally) forced to market the games under a dying console. BW2 will be the last Pokemon games made for the DS.

I have absolutely no doubt that they'll remake RSE, and I can guarantee you that I'll be the first out of every single person here to pre-preorder them.
challengeaccepted.jpg

Also, is the B2W2 version of Rustburo City actually used anywhere during the gameplay or is it just programmed into the game but unused? If it's unused, I think that's one of the first credible hints that supports Game Freak planning RSE remakes for real.

blue

gucci
Years

I can guarantee you that I'll be the first out of every single person here to pre-preorder them.

I might have to take you up on that one, I've been very anticipated about Ruby & Sapphire remakes for quite some time now, I too am positive about them being remade.. not 100% but I have hope.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023

I dunno about that. Remember Mystery Dungeon Red and Blue? They were the same game, one being for GBA and one being for DS with slight enhancements. That was probably a much bigger leap, and they made it work. I think if they want to make the remakes on the 3DS they could easily do something similar to BW but reprogrammed and enhanced to work for the 3DS. It'd probably be quicker and easier than it would be for them to make something from scratch.

But I'm not sure if they're even really ready to move Pokemon onto the 3DS. Even BW2 being for the DS instead of the 3DS is still a little surprising to me, since the DS ought to be a "dying console" by now. But it does make sense, considering the 3DS hasn't been doing as well as expected. And, since the 3DS can play DS games just as well, it makes the games more available to more people. So I really wouldn't be too surprised to see RSE remakes for the DS, and if they are for the 3DS I wouldn't expect much of an upgrade from BW2.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
Years
Also, is the B2W2 version of Rustburo City actually used anywhere during the gameplay or is it just programmed into the game but unused? If it's unused, I think that's one of the first credible hints that supports Game Freak planning RSE remakes for real.

Midway through my second play-through and I haven't heard it, and I don't remember hearing it the first time. I seriously doubt that it's Rustburo City though. Music remixes sounds very similar to the original and this new Rustburo music is completely unrecognizable.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Midway through my second play-through and I haven't heard it, and I don't remember hearing it the first time. I seriously doubt that it's Rustburo City though. Music remixes sounds very similar to the original and this new Rustburo music is completely unrecognizable.
Are we thinking of the same remix?

Here's the one I'm talking about:
Spoiler:

Sounds almost identical to the original to me (musically speaking). I'm assuming this is the one everyone is talking about.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Have you played B2W2 yet? If so, you must have noticed that the new areas in B2W2 have a Hoenn feel to them. I'd say the biggest hints would be the emeralds in PWT and Driftveil, Rebirth Cave, the route before Rebirth Cave, and the New town with the water Gym. They scream Hoenn.

Very true, I don't know why I forgot about those. Then, there actually is a decent amount of hints. Rebirth cave has to be a pretty big hint IMO, there is one part in the cave with a big pool of water/magma which almost exactly resembles the caves that Groudon/Kyogre can be caught in, in Emerald. The part with the houses on top of the water in Shizui's town reminded me of Pacifidlog straight away.

Also, the fact that a Rustboro remix was programmed into B2W2 but is not used ANYWHERE in the game could very well be some sort of evidence too. Although, I think I remember that they put a remix of Suicine's battle music in FRLG and it meant nothing but who knows.

The hints are quite subtle, because you can't be 100% sure as to whether they thought of them as hints or not when putting them in but I'd say the ones you mentioned are very interesting and its likely that they could be hints.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
Years
No, I haven't heard that remix up until now. In B2W2 there is a soundtrack with the same name that sounds completely different. I don't like it! ;-;

Spoiler:

blue

gucci
Years
That sounds far too upbeat for Rustboro and I can't even hear the connection, if anything its more like Hearthome City from Sinnoh DPPT and if it is written into the ROM I can't understand why it is but I certainly hope the remakes soundtrack isn't like that... they can do a much better job than that.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
No, I haven't heard that remix up until now. In B2W2 there is a soundtrack with the same name that sounds completely different. I don't like it! ;-;

Spoiler:
Yeah.....that is definitely not the Rustburo City music. The second half of that one sounds a bit like the second half of the Viridian/Pewter/Saffron City music. I concur with Suicune; the connection to the original theme isn't even noticeable.

NV

Dracon Leader
Years
There's no way the remakes will be 3DS
Theres nothing to gain from making MORE 3D effects.
Plus it would make transfering your old pokemon from the advanced series a long tedious process.
DS games are still being made, theres no reason to make every game exclusivley for the 3ds because the 3D effects will remove a large portion of customers that want new games but are to young to have a 3DS(like a kid is going to leave that slider alone just because the game tells him its bad for him). And having all the regions in one style (more or less) is much more promising in the longrun.
Also note that there were Dsi only games but Pokemon never touched them.
They might make the spin offs 3ds but the main games use sprites and 3d makes sprites look horrible.
Besides, if the remakes were to be made for 3ds then Black and White would have been for the 3ds as well (foollowing the patern, the remakes are the same type as the new Gen before them.)
I highly doubt that they'll switch to 3ds for the remake of Ruby and Sapphire, if they switch at all. I don't see how the fans of the main games will accept the games looking like the stadium series all of a sudden.

Moving on to what I'm looking forward too:
The secret bases will take on new mechanics (probably fusing in the missions from Black and White)
We'll get back to the old fashioned Pokemon contests (with new twists thanks to the new pokemon and moves)
The Spinda collecting might return.
We'll get to see better cutscenes and the triple battles may appear here and there.
Absol and zangoose will be available for wild capture once again.
I'll have a reason to play without cheats once again!
The Pokenav call system might be re implimented.
The battle frontier will probably look AMAZING in Semi-3d.
And so will the legendaries.
Fully animated Magma and Aqua members!
THE FLUTES FINALLY WORK AGAIN!
Can you IMAGINE what the soot fall would look like?
and finally....
Returning to my hoenn adventures which I actually enjoyed repeating over and over!

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I like the one remake theory, with only 5 per Generation. They can also make it on the DS without much fuss. And then a brand new Generation 6 for the 3DS.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
There's no way the remakes will be 3DS
Theres nothing to gain from making MORE 3D effects.

The remakes would only be on the DS if they are part of Gen 5. If they go to Gen 6 next, which will definitely be on the 3DS, then they'll be on the 3DS too. However, as has already been said, the DS is pretty much over.

Plus it would make transfering your old pokemon from the advanced series a long tedious process.

If you get to keep your old Pokemon, does it really matter?

DS games are still being made, theres no reason to make every game exclusivley for the 3ds because the 3D effects will remove a large portion of customers that want new games but are to young to have a 3DS(like a kid is going to leave that slider alone just because the game tells him its bad for him).

DS games are fading away. Gen 5 being on the DS was somewhat odd in the first place, though understandable in a way.
The 3D is totally optional. Don't like the 3D, just turn it off. I doubt kids would stare into the 3D that long anyway, I myself can only stand it for a few minutes before it becomes a little annoying.

And having all the regions in one style (more or less) is much more promising in the longrun.

Does it really matter if all regions are in the same "style"?

Also note that there were Dsi only games but Pokemon never touched them.
They might make the spin offs 3ds but the main games use sprites and 3d makes sprites look horrible.

DSi and DSLite are over soon too, if not already. 3DS is now. And I believe the 3D world and sprite character combination looks pretty good myself. The sprites themselves don't have to be 3D.

Besides, if the remakes were to be made for 3ds then Black and White would have been for the 3ds as well (foollowing the patern, the remakes are the same type as the new Gen before them.)

You're assuming they will definitely follow this broken pattern. We expected Gray/Grey. Black 2 and White 2 changed it.

I highly doubt that they'll switch to 3ds for the remake of Ruby and Sapphire, if they switch at all. I don't see how the fans of the main games will accept the games looking like the stadium series all of a sudden.

"If they change at all"? I hope you don't mean that you think Pokemon will stay on the DS forever, because regardless of when remakes come, Pokemon and every other major Nintendo franchise that hasn't yet WILL jump to the 3DS.

Also, I doubt a change like that to "stadium style" battles would be received negatively. However, I read somewhere that Game Freak prefers sprites for the main series, so we may not even see the games change to that.

NV

Dracon Leader
Years
Okay, compared to the arguments on my old home site, that was like a handshake.
I'll take back my rant because you, sir, have just removed my worries with your reply.

So yeah, I guess if they just use the 3D to separate the forground and background (Opponent and Player in battle) and kept the sprites I'd be fine with a 3D remake, I'd love to see the cuscenes in 3d.

In particular I hope they take some elements from Emerald story wise.
Such as magma and aqua BOTH causing trouble, magmas base being in the mountains, and the stories legendary getting its own dynamic cut-scene.
Basically the emerald storyline up until when one of the Legendaries is awakened, then the story should follow its versions plot. But when Kyorge or Groudon wake up and just before you fight it I'd like there to be a scene during those two points.

Another thing I'd like them to add is a story to the Battle frontier to make me want to go further, like they did in Gold and Silver for the Gym rematch and in Diamond and Pearl with Lucas' father.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well Emerald had a bit of a story for the battle frontier existing, not much though other than Scott wanting to have strong trainers gather.

I'm hoping the world Tournament is found in Hoenn too for the remakes, perhaps it can be like an 8th battle frontier facility of sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back