• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019
I tried using unipatcher for Android. An app used for patching roms. I chose the patch as the dark rising .ips file and the rom as fire red.gba , but it shows "patching failed"! What am i doing wrong here?How i wish the creator can release it solo like light platinum in the .gba format!!!

Magic Magikarp

Magikarp is terrifying
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
I found DRG's location guide on the first page. It says level 15 drilburs are just after water cave. I hope it's accurate(since she created th damn game XD) because i want one bad. She really overpowered Excadrill. Just watch TehWileChase's Ytube LP of this game.
Well wish me luck raising it with only Swords Dance for a little ;-; , this ones like Ralts in Emerald. It has one non damaging move but its worth raising in the end. Its also like Magikarp :P

Years
I want to try this hack. I have heard there are gen 4-5 moves in this game? True? Can anyone direct me to a thread where all of them are mentioned or discussed? Thanks!
Also can i download the game in the first post and directly play it on my Gameboid? I play all games in my Galaxy S3. I am playing the Light Platinum in it as well. The same procedure applies here as well right?Just download it, open with gameboid and enjoy?
This is the only official thread of dark Rising which means there is no other place in website where you discuss or find any thing you need to know about Dark Rising

After I download it from the attachment, what will I do next
You just need to patch the ips file on a clean Firered ROM using Lunari ips and play the hack on VBA

Last edited:

ThorShadow525

Shadowflame Elitist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
Well wish me luck raising it with only Swords Dance for a little ;-; , this ones like Ralts in Emerald. It has one non damaging move but its worth raising in the end. Its also like Magikarp :P

Speaking of which, is there any reason for buying that ¥500 magikarp in Flamen Town? I could just get one for free anywhere, couldnt i?

Pokenoob666

Frustrated Feraligator
Years
Go with Larvesta as Ash suggests. Larvesta is damn cool along the game play.
Go download the Location guide on the first page of the thread. They have a low encounter rate around 1-5 % i certain locations.

apparently they're around a place called blazing mountain, which i can't find on the map. i'm not going to bother using the traded larvesta unless i can find a cheat to make it obey me.

Magic Magikarp

Magikarp is terrifying
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
Speaking of which, is there any reason for buying that ¥500 magikarp in Flamen Town? I could just get one for free anywhere, couldnt i?
I bought my Magikarp just to get it to use earlier, 500 was nothing to spend for me. And also pokenoob I have that traded Larvesta and it started obeying pretty early, I also get double xp since I am not the original trainer.

ThorShadow525

Shadowflame Elitist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
Go with Larvesta as Ash suggests. Larvesta is damn cool along the game play.
Go download the Location guide on the first page of the thread. They have a low encounter rate around 1-5 % i certain locations.

apparently they're around a place called blazing mountain, which i can't find on the map. i'm not going to bother using the traded larvesta unless i can find a cheat to make it obey me.

The traded larvesta is so far(im in battle cave) the best fire type in the game for me to use. DRG made completely OP. Also, DRG made the game in such a way that most cheats cause the game to crash. She wants people to play it legit. It's fun with increased difficulty and the best story of any pokemon game i've played.

I bought my Magikarp just to get it to use earlier, 500 was nothing to spend for me. And also pokenoob I have that traded Larvesta and it started obeying pretty early, I also get double xp since I am not the original trainer.

I understand that it isnt much money, but i was wondering if it was a special magikarp like in pokemon Snakewood that would hold a TM/HM or is shiny or something. If it's just a normal Magikarp then good luck with an overpowered Gyarados(Thank you DRG! =3) and thanks for your answer, man.

Last edited:

Magic Magikarp

Magikarp is terrifying
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
I understand that it isnt much money, but i was wondering if it was a special magikarp like in pokemon Snakewood that would hold a TM/HM or is shiny or something. If it's just a normal Magikarp then good luck with an overpowered Gyarados(Thank you DRG! =3) and thanks for your answer, man.
Seeing how the elite four is, I dont know my Gyrados is going to need it even though he is Gyrados {XD} good luck to you and anytime

Pokenoob666

Frustrated Feraligator
Years
The traded larvesta is so far(im in battle cave) the best fire type in the game for me to use. DRG made completely OP. Also, DRG made the game in such a way that most cheats cause the game to crash. She wants people to play it legit. It's fun with increased difficulty and the best story of any pokemon game i've played.

but it doesn't listen to me. also, i used a cheat before and it was fine.

Years

As you can see the below trainer has no problems with larvesta you might be playing an old beta. Check the first page to see whether you are updated or not.

The traded larvesta is so far(im in battle cave)

No No, Larvesta house is just before Flamen Route

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Hy everyone, i just got the fifth badge and obtained surf but when i try o use surf it says i can't use it. Can anyone help me please?

ThorShadow525

Shadowflame Elitist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
Anybody know for certain if DRG upped the flinch rate on zen headbutt, astonish, etc...? I like that Zen Headbutt guarantees flinching(as far as I've experienced), but i want to know if I'm just really lucky or it's the mechanic.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Anybody know for certain if DRG upped the flinch rate on zen headbutt, astonish, etc...? I like that Zen Headbutt guarantees flinching(as far as I've experienced), but i want to know if I'm just really lucky or it's the mechanic.

Oh, Zen Headbutt is certainly upped. Well to be specific, the hacker didn't finish editing the move.

It has 100% flinch rate and is sound based. You can look this up yourself using any move editor, as well as fix it.

I wouldn't know because I didn't really find it too bad to get through without cheats (and if I did I certainly would rely more on hacking in people to give things than GS codes), but that seems far beyond the hacker's level especially given the resetting events that are able to break the game in half. More than likely it's the cheat itself, because they're rather notorious for being a bit unstable especially on hacks in general.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 17, 2014
hi i'm loving this hack i've just finished the 3rd gym and i heard there is a equal to the game being made and this video was from a while ago so is there a sequal?

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
hi i'm loving this hack i've just finished the 3rd gym and i heard there is a equal to the game being made and this video was from a while ago so is there a sequal?

The hacker left both this and it's sequel for dead. She gave permission to continue the sequel without her, but the chances of it coming back are slim to none.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yeah... those flinch rates are upped.
Especially Zen Headbutt is totally game breaking if you have quick sweeper like Lucario...

ThorShadow525

Shadowflame Elitist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
Oh, Zen Headbutt is certainly upped. Well to be specific, the hacker didn't finish editing the move.

It has 100% flinch rate and is sound based. You can look this up yourself using any move editor, as well as fix it.

I wouldn't know because I didn't really find it too bad to get through without cheats (and if I did I certainly would rely more on hacking in people to give things than GS codes), but that seems far beyond the hacker's level especially given the resetting events that are able to break the game in half. More than likely it's the cheat itself, because they're rather notorious for being a bit unstable especially on hacks in general.

I guess Zen Headbutt is like that because it is based on Uproar, and i enjoy it. I don't fight many Voltorbs where I'm at. And with my other post, I still think that the game is better without cheats anyway. One of the only hacks I've played that is more fun legit.

Back