The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 4th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKGirlism View Post
It's still a good idea to install something on it, I recently removed a Mac Virus.
And I hope you meant "Malwarebytes", because "Malware" means "Virus".
Going to have to agree with this. It's been known for years that Mac viruses weren't as common as viruses made for Windows, and it's causing people to develop more viruses for Macs just for fun I'm sure. And maybe even a Linux OS if you have one should have an antivirus on it if you want to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayr231 View Post
I use Norton.

Before you all explode on me, it wasn't my choice. My dad installed it without asking me since to him it's, "the best anti-virus software available". I mean, it does its job well, but it takes up so much memory, not to mention all the effort it takes to run. I would like to change, but I don't have the internet capacity at my house to download one. :/
That's exactly how my parents are. They use Norton, and I really wished they would change away from that **** because for one, I've caught viruses with Norton on my computer in the past that couldn't be removed, and ever since I've switched to Microsoft Security Essentials, I've been able to remove all viruses. Not only is MSE free from Microsoft, but you also don't have to uninstall it and reinstall the new version every year.
Fairy
Old December 5th, 2013, 02:17 AM
Mara
All your base are belong to us

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
Going to have to agree with this. It's been known for years that Mac viruses weren't as common as viruses made for Windows, and it's causing people to develop more viruses for Macs just for fun I'm sure. And maybe even a Linux OS if you have one should have an antivirus on it if you want to be safe.

That's exactly how my parents are. They use Norton, and I really wished they would change away from that **** because for one, I've caught viruses with Norton on my computer in the past that couldn't be removed, and ever since I've switched to Microsoft Security Essentials, I've been able to remove all viruses. Not only is MSE free from Microsoft, but you also don't have to uninstall it and reinstall the new version every year.
Norton gives its free users viruses so they'll buy the paid version o.o
Old December 5th, 2013, 02:42 AM
MKGirlism
3DS and Wii U Game Developer

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to MKGirlism
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayr231 View Post
I use Norton.

Before you all explode on me, it wasn't my choice. My dad installed it without asking me since to him it's, "the best anti-virus software available". I mean, it does its job well, but it takes up so much memory, not to mention all the effort it takes to run. I would like to change, but I don't have the internet capacity at my house to download one. :/
My parents used to be like that too, but since they know/knew I'm the real expert in terms of Computers, I started to take decisions about what had to happen to all of our Computers (except for siblings, they're a different subject).
But today, I'm managing Computers of my mother, as well as all of my family who lives in Poland.

Like:
Me: "I want to install Team Viewer on your PC".
They: "What does it do"?
Me: "I'll be able to help you on a distant, thanks to this".
They: "Great, install it"!
Old December 6th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Knormageddon
King of Stronk Style

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Skype™ to Knormageddon
(This thread reminded me to run a scan, haha)

I use Avast!, and I have for a while. I can't say I know much about which program is the best or anything, but my cousin suggested I get it, and it hasn't let me down thus far.
Old December 15th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Alex
Mmm, yeah
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
I'm using Avast and have been for years. It's never really failed me, so why switch?
Old January 10th, 2014, 02:27 PM
SoullessOnyx

I Use Avast! It is really simple to set up and is just really fast!
Old January 10th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Lucky1Yena
Just some guy

I'm using the free version of Avast! and it's all I really need.
Patiently awaiting final versions of these hacks: TheJohto Legacy series - starting with the most complete one, the Christmas hack, Pokémon Liquid Crystal, Pokémon Crystal Dust, Pokémon DarkViolet, Pokémon Prism
Old January 11th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Manish Panday

I am currently using Quick Heal 2014! Best of all after avast!
Old January 11th, 2014, 07:20 AM
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent

Nature: Gentle
i am using avast from the time i had a computer. Its a amazing antvirus for free. I download it and also had it registered and now its working great. not a single virus can stand a chance against avast. my computer is secured with walls so virus can't get a chance to attack the computer. i have amd athlon with AMD graphics card. there are lot of virus in internet. And many virus also attacking our computers. So i prefer to have avast. i tought total K7 security was good but later i get a extremely bad review of it. so i avoid it. Now my windows 7 ultimate is save and secure.
Old January 11th, 2014, 10:12 AM
obZen
Kill Your Heroes

Nature: Lonely
ESET Nod32 with Malwarebytes as an on-demand scanner.
I'd swear by this setup.
I also have EMET setup for anything that connects to the internet basically.

SlimShady on Serebii and Ever Grande City * obZen on Pokemon Showdown
Click here if you want to join ^
Old January 11th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Flakey Bear
Just watch it.

Nature: Relaxed
AVG. Used Avast on my old computer, however it was annoying me when i open unknown programs (like emulators), so i had to change for a better one. So that's why i am currently using AVG.

Currently Playing (PC):
Euro Truck Simulator 2. Still have to get past the quick jobs.
Currently Playing (DS):
FIFA 09, or Pokemon Diamond because Battle Corner.I should insert more.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here