• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Staff Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxing Buizel

*Turns head* *Bui!"
Years
I am only bound to mobile, the mobile theme is very good. I would like to say great work to the person that created it. Thank you.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Here is my comment about the forums and forum Mod -

Welcome lounge - The forum i used my all time to visit and greet people i like To welcoming new members and give them some ideas and when i always check a thread i always saw a post by Crino, She is really friendly she one time closed my thread but with respect and happily she is doing great job. i didn't post on a thread that has been posted more then 10 times cause i don't think after a lot of great post from some amazing PC supporters and MOD i don't need to tell them more but i enjoy welcoming people.

Pokemon Forum - I didn't visit most but i visit it once 2 or 3 days most at GEN III cause i like these GEN III games very much and now i am starting visiting X & Y but not too much i active there. But i get shocked when i see the post by mod the Mod are doing a amazing job.

Chit chat, Fan club, General entertainment, Video games and other non pokemon forum-
I really not being active the most of my time in these forum but i ask in question & feedback if i had anything. And the staff didn't let my post unanswerd.

Pokemon club - Another Forum that i being active the most of my time, Its on second active list of my, I like the work done by the mod Olli and AlexOzzy and i have joined too many clubs and has made one my own.

Emulation & ROM Hackin - The third forum i get active in my most time its on third in my list. I mostly visit Progressing hacks and Hack showcase cause i love getting some new and amazing hack from some really cool members. And i also started posting on thread made by staffs like - Script help, Map review etc great thread. And i am posting on team discussion also and can't forgot the toturial and Toolbox.

for now PC has give me alot of things to do on my boring time PC has made my boring time a important life and i like being active in the whole PC time in my most of times thank you to all kind Staffs that they helped me specially Crino, Olli97, Abgenation, EternallyAnna and to all member of PC !

Nakala Pri

Moddies, I'm going to be brutally honest here, so here it goes...

You aren't original in the slightest! You are all the same person, which has been cloned and are now scattered all over the forum. Sure, some of you are very friendly and try to do your job, but with that comes a price...

NOT BEING ORIGINAL OR UNIQUE AND HAVING TO DISH OUT INFRACTIONS LIKE POTATO CHIPS! :X

Every profile I stalk all I see is moderators either telling people off or saying 'you have received an infractian but your pm box is full, thx,'. xD

You all have the same sprite-y signature's, you all share the same pairs and you all like the same things. So, what is up with that? Can I please get an answer? Was one of you abducted by an alien and cloned and then you decided to start a Pokemon Community with your fellow clones??

WHAT DA HELL, MAAAN! xD

Rozu OUT! xox

(no infractians pls, thx)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
My answer is I don't get how you think we're all the same.

The only way I can see it that way is the X&Y theme we have, e.g. my signature. But even then, not all mods currently have that, and it's a rather small aspect of who we actually are (it does not, for instance, impact on the posts themselves). Which isn't unusual, and supporters also have their own collabs.

But...the same pairs? The same VMs talking about rules? Not original in the slightest? I'm afraid you'd have to back that up with linked examples, as I do not see it. It's a rather vague broad statement, and having talked to a bunch of the other mods myself I really couldn't agree less with the last one in particular. And if this is just some joke crit, well... try to keep the crit in this thread serious, as it's not very helpful to anyone otherwise or can give the wrong impression.

And no, we don't hand out infractions like potato chips. (And besides, I prefer to eat mine :V). As Razor said in the other thread, if you have a complaint about an infraction you are always free to take it up with them in PM at the time.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
You aren't original in the slightest! You are all the same person, which has been cloned and are now scattered all over the forum. Sure, some of you are very friendly and try to do your job, but with that comes a price...

Every profile I stalk all I see is moderators either telling people off or saying 'you have received an infractian but your pm box is full, thx,'. xD

You all have the same sprite-y signature's, you all share the same pairs and you all like the same things. So, what is up with that? Can I please get an answer? Was one of you abducted by an alien and cloned and then you decided to start a Pokemon Community with your fellow clones?

Since changing to this username, in August, I have given out one infraction. I have never seen or sent a 'PM box full' visitor message or anything similar either. Infractions are actually a rarity in day-to-day modding, I'm sure some others can back me up. We tend to warn with a yellow card of just drop a private PM for honest mistakes and first offenders.

We did, for October, have similar signatures and avatars as part of a collaboration. The same collabs you see supporters and normal members doing. As you can see now plenty of moderators and higher staff are moving away from the X/Y collab. So yeah, that point is pretty irrelevant.

All sharing the same pairs? Some mods are paired to each other, because they have been friends for years, some mods (like myself) have no pairs at all.

We definitely don't like the same things, I have disagreed with opinions on movies, music and D&D threads with multiple people, including moderators.

I'm not sure where your opinions come from, but this seems to stem from either (a) an infraction or (b) not actually talking or get to know any staff. At a glance we all look the same for having coloured names, it is up to you to actually find out who we are - the majority of us talk in discussion threads, GE and D&D threads with our own opinions and thoughts.

Do you have any ideas about what you would like moderators to be like? Rather than just saying what you think they are at the moment.

("Making posts at the same time" is a valid point though ;) Darn ninjaing).

Years

NOT BEING ORIGINAL OR UNIQUE AND HAVING TO DISH OUT INFRACTIONS LIKE POTATO CHIPS! :X

You all have the same sprite-y signature's, you all share the same pairs and you all like the same things. So, what is up with that? Can I please get an answer? Was one of you abducted by an alien and cloned and then you decided to start a Pokemon Community with your fellow clones??

WHAT DA HELL, MAAAN! xD

Rozu OUT! xox

I see others have already commented on this, but I couldn't help one bit but to add my two cents to this..

Of course we're all similar in one way, and that's because we're forum moderators. What else did you expect us to be? And infractions wouldn't be a problem if people followed the rules, either. And for the full PM inboxes, I'd really like to see some evidence for that, because I've never seen anything like that at all.

Also, what's wrong with us doing collabs and or being friends with everyone around here? Some moderators have probably had the same pair for a long time, and that perhaps could predate their promotions as well, so please do keep that in mind.

Reactions: Sun

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

WHAT DA HELL, MAAAN! xD

Rozu OUT! xox

I don't want this to come off rude or anything, but if you're going to give us feedback, at least try to sound serious. Because the way you've presented your statement here is just like a little kid talking and I feel less inclined to take it seriously, and I'm sure other staff, even members, have read your post and thought similarly.

As far as the same signatures, there's a theme collab going on. So that's that. And I can assure you no one else has my pair. He's all mine. ;) <3 Everything else I was gonna comment on has already beed said...but yeah. Try to take this serious and not as a joke. Cause we're not trying to make it a joke.

Ace_Master_of_Turtles

Just that spriting guy
Years
hmm my only problam is that i don't see the Rom hacking and emulation mods getting on very often... wierd because that's the one of the most popular forums idk maybe it's just me...

Guy

just a guy
Years

I can tell you for a fact that each staff member is quite different from one another. We don't always agree on things, we don't always see things the same way, and yeah, sometimes we even get into arguments with one another. These aren't thing a lot of members know, because they can't see everything that goes on behind closed doors, but each staff member is a unique individual with their own ideas and personalities. Some have to be more strict than others because their forums call for it, but some can be more lax with the rules.

Since coming back to staff this year, I can count the number of infractions and warnings I've given out on one hand. And I've been back for eight months already.

tumblr_mv8ypefknB1qf8ie5o1_500.gif

If you've really stalked our VMs, then you would know that 50% of my chats are about fanboying over television, 20% talking about X/Y, 10% talking to Syd about how handsome I am and how she is a qt, 10% talking about profiles, and another 10% of typing weird noises with Scarf.

WHAT DA HELL, MAAAN! xD

Rozu OUT! xox

I have you know my avatar is a Shivi-Original made a few years ago. The similar signatures are part of a X/Y collab. If you notice, some Supporter members have signatures that are similar too, because they are doing a supporter collab.

Most of us didn't even join when PC was created, so your ideas are pretty illogical if I'm being honest.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
hmm my only problam is that i don't see the Rom hacking and emulation mods getting on very often... wierd because that's the one of the most popular forums idk maybe it's just me...

It's an unfortunate fact that the ROM Hacking and Emulation mods lead very busy lifestyles right now and tend to not be able to come around as much at the time being. Just a bit of patience should give them time to roll around and when they do, I'm sure they'll tend to your questions/pending hack/etc. as soon as they can. (:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
pile of nothing

They have matching avatars and siggs because it's a Staff Collab. So basically, they go for matching signatures and avatars because it's fun. And staff members aren't the only ones doing collabs. Us, supporters have those quite often too (even though I only participated in one so far). That doesn't make us clones. That means we're bonding through this fun, little forum game.
Oh and please don't be so bitter over getting an infraction. You most likely deserved it, because I don't really think any member of the staff abuses their powers for fun -.-

/end derail

As for my opinion on staff members... I haven't really met many of them yet, mainly because I mostly spend my time in Sydian's nest, but, during my adventures in the Trade corner IRC, I got to meet some awesome staff members, like Mac, Tabor and Blade.

Now, you can imagine that, being part of Syd's nest, I am very fond of her and I love the way she does her job. She's way too awesome and the way she manages to effectively moderate her sections is amazing o.o

Ace_Master_of_Turtles

Just that spriting guy
Years
It's an unfortunate fact that the ROM Hacking and Emulation mods lead very busy lifestyles right now and tend to not be able to come around as much at the time being. Just a bit of patience should give them time to roll around and when they do, I'm sure they'll tend to your questions/pending hack/etc. as soon as they can. (:

also yesterday Giradialkia got online....... then off..... without doing anything....... :( i needed my thread to be approved so i got sad

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
also yesterday Giradialkia got online....... then off..... without doing anything....... :( i needed my thread to be approved so i got sad

You're free to contact him if it's been 24 hours since you submitted your thread. Just letting you know.

He might be busy irl and just had time to check on things for a few minutes and then left. Or PC didn't say he was signed off when he was and it made him look like he was online. I've been busy myself lately, so I've been a bit slack in Challenges, where threads also need approval, so I'm just trying to put you in his shoes for a moment. Even though Emulation isn't my forum, I do thank you for the patience and not going crazy. Just PM him if it's been over 24 hours and things should get clarified then. :)

Ace_Master_of_Turtles

Just that spriting guy
Years
You're free to contact him if it's been 24 hours since you submitted your thread. Just letting you know.

He might be busy irl and just had time to check on things for a few minutes and then left. Or PC didn't say he was signed off when he was and it made him look like he was online. I've been busy myself lately, so I've been a bit slack in Challenges, where threads also need approval, so I'm just trying to put you in his shoes for a moment. Even though Emulation isn't my forum, I do thank you for the patience and not going crazy. Just PM him if it's been over 24 hours and things should get clarified then. :)

true, true... it has been a day i don't know about 24 hour if not its close does it need to be exactly?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I think you're all being a bit quick to judge here; Rozu's post had some credit to it. I'll quote from a Skype conversation I was having:

[18:25:30] Ozzy ~: I like that she actually spoke her mind and said it. If that's how she feels then we can't just turn around and say she's wrong for thinking it :P And it's true, a lot of moderators do act incredibly similarly and give out too many infractions
[18:25:41] Ozzy ~: We know them all pretty well so we know their personalities and it's not as noticeable to us
[18:25:55] Ozzy ~: But a lot of moderators hold themselves very similarly on the forum
[18:26:16] Ozzy ~: like in CQ&F etc, most replies from a moderator there are the same as every other mod who posts there
[18:26:27] Ozzy ~: you could just swap out the usernames and no one would notice lol

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I don't think such strong reactions were necessarily appropriate when the point made wasn't entirely false.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
true, true... it has been a day i don't know about 24 hour if not its close does it need to be exactly?

I don't think he'll bite if you're like an hour off or something. If it's been a day, I mean, I think you're safe to go ahead and PM him. :)

I think you're all being a bit quick to judge here; Rozu's post had some credit to it.

My only problem was how it was expressed, not what was expressed. I know people have different ways of communicating, but I felt it was common knowledge that if you're going to present some feedback that we're genuinely asking for, you could tidy up what you're saying and provide a little bit of substance and some examples. So my apologies if my post came off any other way.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
How do you think hstaff-memberbase interaction is right now?
I don't really have much of an opinion on that, but I did notice the other day that I don't really see many admins posting around, so there's always that. I don't know if that's what you're really looking for, though.

Nakala Pri

I may have over-exaggerated a little, but here is my point:

Everybody is unique, but some people copy other peoples personalities for a feeling of security. That way, no one can persecute you and your inner self, especially if you show no sign of your quirks, like, at all. Moderators are just clones, really, I mean sure, you can be a great artist and try and show your problems, but you aren't letting your inner self shine! Sure, I make tons of mistakes, I get myself infractions and almost get banned, occasionally, but that's just me. It's my quirks, it makes me who I am.

Moderators make no mistakes, have no faults and are all so... great, like perfectly-manufactured droids. So, they don't seem like real people...

That's sorta my point, I guess. :X

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I may have over-exaggerated a little, but here is my point:

Everybody is unique, but some people copy other peoples personalities for a feeling of security. That way, no one can persecute you and your inner self, especially if you show no sign of your quirks, like, at all. Moderators are just clones, really, I mean sure, you can be a great artist and try and show your problems, but you aren't letting your inner self shine! Sure, I make tons of mistakes, I get myself infractions and almost get banned, occasionally, but that's just me. It's my quirks, it makes me who I am.

Moderators make no mistakes, have no faults and are all so... great, like perfectly-manufactured droids. So, they don't seem like real people...

That's sorta my point, I guess. :X
Moderators get picked because they are people who make few mistakes and follow and know the rules well. That is the point of having moderators; they are not the "best" members of a forum, they are meant to be the only people who are allowed to point out the mistakes and wrongdoings of others on this forum, in order to keep it tidy. So yes, in some ways staff people are pretty similar. Because that is how they need to be.

But, as other people in this thread have pointed out multiple times already, we certainly have different personalities and interests and pairs and themes most of the time. Because we are all people behind the names. Just like any member is. You should make an effort to get to know some of us personally, and you'll see! Feel free to drop me a VM at your leisure~

TY

I gotta say you mods do a amazing job actually, even though i havent met all of you, nor being in all those sections, but still...

Over the time i met some awesome mods as ZachLMedia, AlexOzzyCake and BinaryPeaches (and i think 1 or 2 more mods but i can quite think of them, apologies). Mods do a outstanding job, though they cant do it all the time, cause they got stuff in their lives aswell. I havent had much conversations with them lately, but they sure are nice people overall :)

to be fair im kinda jealous of the blue bolded names they have hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back